Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

I think the Valkist being socially progressive is consistent with someone from Kaiserreich's view of Germany. Just look at how socially progressive 1910-20s Berlin was. someone from Kaiserreich would think that Germany's loss would most likely cause a liberal backlash against the conservative Government which, due to how unstable Germany would be, could easily be co-opted by a Valkist for their own means. I think that Valkist being nice to both Women and Minorities (as long as they embrace german culture) is interesting. They still do horrific things to their enemies, They still undermine the Press and free speech, They're still undemocratic, They still suppress the media and they're still evil. I think it's interesting that they're both.
The problem I have with it is its just not how dictatorships work. Dictatorships need an out group for the populace to focus their anger on. That can be minorities or it can be the elite(and a case can be made that it is if you take Strasser) but as it stands Valkist Germany simply doesn't have a domestic enemy.

As for sexism, Nazi sexism actually came about for very specific reasons(the fact that, during the depression, a woman in the workplace meant one family had two breadwinners while another then had zero) and I don't see that as being different for the Valkists.

Is it just me, or is the Union State war effort all of a sudden a lot easier with .8?
Really? I quickly rolled them over as the Feds before getting stuck in a war of Attrition with the CSA.
Also, are the Feds supposed to keep Patton now? If so, I'm definitely not complaining.

A lot of text bugs but still lots of fun.

Red America still takes a while but not an OBSCENE amount of time. Mechanics feel more fun.

Feds went down like chumps despite making a game try from DC. AUS was a tougher beast but I just added tank divs and somehow annexed all the Feds when they capitulated?

Really? I quickly rolled them over as the Feds before getting stuck in a war of Attrition with the CSA.
Also, are the Feds supposed to keep Patton now? If so, I'm definitely not complaining.
That’s so strange. Cause I was able to utilize Patton as Huey. Maybe it’s random?

Using militia spam, I was able to push up to Chicago by like September (war starting in February) and knocked the Reds out by December. The Feds took slightly longer because of foreign divisons holding out in Los Angeles.

That’s so strange. Cause I was able to utilize Patton as Huey. Maybe it’s random?

Using militia spam, I was able to push up to Chicago by like September (war starting in February) and knocked the Reds out by December. The Feds took slightly longer because of foreign divisons holding out in Los Angeles.
Maybe it has to do with who gets elected and if MacArthur is in charge or not? @herkles

As the Feds I immediately abused the hell out of absolute Air and naval supremacy; I evacuated everyone out through Norfolk and Washington and just ignored the corridor. Fought a brief guerilla campaign in New England to try to keep hold of it with some motorized, but I eventually abandoned that. Too many French divisions and militia. Then I focused on the march east. I started with the AUS who crumbled like a paper bag before Patton's motorised, cavalry, and tanks. Got stuck along the Mississippi, but then decided to just Navally invade Florida as a distraction. There's not much more to that story. The CSA was a bitch to invade. the Appalachians sucked before, now their a living hell. Eventually I got a couple breakthroughs and finally finished the war in 1940.

Maybe it has to do with who gets elected and if MacArthur is in charge or not? @herkles

As the Feds I immediately abused the hell out of absolute Air and naval supremacy; I evacuated everyone out through Norfolk and Washington and just ignored the corridor. Fought a brief guerilla campaign in New England to try to keep hold of it with some motorized, but I eventually abandoned that. Too many French divisions and militia. Then I focused on the march east. I started with the AUS who crumbled like a paper bag before Patton's motorised, cavalry, and tanks. Got stuck along the Mississippi, but then decided to just Navally invade Florida as a distraction. There's not much more to that story. The CSA was a bitch to invade. the Appalachians sucked before, now their a living hell. Eventually I got a couple breakthroughs and finally finished the war in 1940.
Funny, I did literally the opposite. I evacuated the entire West via Texas and plopped a bunch of divisions in DC. Then I pushed North and South, securing the 13 original colonies, and from there pretty much recreated Manifest Destiny.

One odd thing I saw was Schleicher couping, but then a month later the Bundesrat was restored. I'm just imagining peak Kaiser Bill as he rages and throws things at Schleicher for daring to suggest that Kaiser Bill's wonderful people can't make the right decisions or something like that. Sometimes, a leader with massive ADHD is a GOOD thing.

One odd thing I saw was Schleicher couping, but then a month later the Bundesrat was restored. I'm just imagining peak Kaiser Bill as he rages and throws things at Schleicher for daring to suggest that Kaiser Bill's wonderful people can't make the right decisions or something like that. Sometimes, a leader with massive ADHD is a GOOD thing.
Well, thats actually part of the event chain. Basically, Schliecher is super corrupt and is planning to institute a dictatorship(which the Kaiser didn't sign up for, he just wanted him to fight Syndicalism) and when Wilhelm finds out he can either say "meh" or have Schliecher arrested and appoint someone else. Presumably thats what he did in your game.