Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

chankljp

Donor
Which begs the following question: how did Andorra, San Marino, and Liechtenstein fare in Kaiserreich's TL? 🤔 🤔
Lichtenstein is still around
This might be old lore, but in the DH version of the mod, if some version of Austria-Hungary no longer exist for whatever reason, a non-syndie Switzerland will get a flavoring event about Lichtenstein turning to them for protection and joining an economic union with them the same way that the country did after the end of WW1 in OTL.

A interesting thing, Zaitao (Father of PuYi) was alive until 1951, cool! I wonder what Wang Jingwei (who tried to murder him on the 1900s) would do to him after taking Beijing

What about writers or private detectives?
Writers would probably have amateur press associations (there was a pretty bustling scene in the US after World War I that collected dues and contributed articles and fiction to specific journals and literary magazines, for example) while private detectives would probably have some sort of professional organization to handle licensing and such

Writers would probably have amateur press associations (there was a pretty bustling scene in the US after World War I that collected dues and contributed articles and fiction to specific journals and literary magazines, for example) while private detectives would probably have some sort of professional organization to handle licensing and such
Makes sense. I wish the wiki would explain it better.

I had two campaigns on the same day as the Qing, on the vanilla and in KR

Vanilla

unknown.png

KR

unknown.png

To say that the difference is night and day is a understatement.

On Vanilla you have four officers, with one being Yoshiko Kawashima who was not a real army officer. You have four possible ministers, three are useless (fortification engineer, armaments minister and the third is a capitain of industry you can only get if you don't challenge Japan) and a illusive gentlemen, who is not needed in KR since you can pay 150 PP to get one there. I got von Falkenhausen through a focus, but everyone in China can get him so he doesn't count.

There is only two events in the whole vanilla campaign, one about your independence war and a second for when you unify China.

The only positive thing I think I can mention about vanilla is that you can get achievements.

Last edited:
I’m doing a Japan game. I really like the four dynamic army doctrine trees, one of the coolest things I’ve seen in Kaiserreich and something which really helps emphasize the difference between the doctrine options you can choose, which tbh I don’t think HOI4 does very well.

I decided to go down the “Supremacy of Will” path, which I think is probably the closest to Japan’s OTL doctrine.