Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

This is good. Keep in mind though, Lin is from Puerto Rico, which isn’t part of the CSA. Maybe he‘d make something about the local revolution?
True, but then again the POD is well before his birth, so it wouldn’t be too hard to butterfly away him somehow winding up in the US.

@Gukpard Checking Fengtian's tree again, the path where Zhang Xueliang comes to power explicitly revolves around a powerful cult of personality and an outright celebration of paternalistic rule. You know how Vargas had quite the personality cult? This one might very well be Juche-style, North Korean-style, except minus the totalitarianism and more of a supercharged militaristic Chinese form of the Estado Novo. Zhang's republic will be well-led and well-run, but still incredibly authoritarian and the personality cult reaches into the lives of all Chinese.

Checking Fengtian's tree again, the path where Zhang Xueliang comes to power explicitly revolves around a powerful cult of personality and an outright celebration of paternalistic rule. You know how Vargas had quite the personality cult? This one might very well be Juche-style, North Korean-style, except minus the totalitarianism and more of a supercharged militaristic Chinese form of the Estado Novo. Zhang's republic will be well-led and well-run, but still incredibly authoritarian and the personality cult reaches into the lives of all Chinese.

Assuming you're still talking about Kaiserreich, I'd say the best thing to compare it to is probably Chiang Kai-shek's personality cult on Taiwan.

Assuming you're still talking about Kaiserreich, I'd say the best thing to compare it to is probably Chiang Kai-shek's personality cult on Taiwan.

Of course, but Gukpard is Brazilian and I enjoy making comparisons to his own nation's history to help him understand China better. It's something I try to do with others.

Anyway, yes, that appeared to be the intention in the tree. Fengtian seems to have inherited a lot of the ROC's IOTL problems from the 1930s-40s.

Vince

Monthly Donor
An alternative would be for the US to have the ability to start their own faction. I mean, American Isolationism was kind of a big thing at one point. Plus it's not necessarilly in the US' interests to join the Entente or the Reichspakt: the Entente will probably drag them into a war with the Internationale while the Reichspakt is an alliance that's centered on Germany.

I swear the original (0.8) release had the option of the US joining Germany or Russia's alliance in certain circumstances. The League of American States honestly was just bad as a pseudo-faction.

On the current KR path the Federalist China path cannot allow you to core the entire world.

my-disappointment-is-immeasurable-and-my-day-is-ruined-im-41493927.png

C'mon, they are decentralized, people!

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor

0/10 Cleveland isn't on this map :p My unpopular opinion is that it would make a fine compromise capital between people supporting Chicago and others supporting a capital on the East Coast. On the other hand, if the Entente could naval invade the Great Lakes that suddenly would become a bad idea...

If I could I'd stick this on my wall.