Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Is anyone here able to play?
right now the dev team is
623908207307390986.png

after this launcher update.

It should work, if it doesn't, check the troubleshooting thread here - https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...s-of-iron-iv-on-the-13th-of-november.1273707/

I only play the vanilla when this happens, they update the game and so we have to wait until the mods are updated to play them again...

Deleted member 82792

If upstate New York is part of New England, have they renamed it? Since NYC is part of the CSA.

Ali Kemal?
That's his great grandfather. Actually, it's kind of unclear whether the minister in question is supposed to be Osman Kemal (who later adopted the name Wilfred Johnson) or Ali Kemal, the former's father. The name shown is Osman Kemal, but the portrait used is of Ali Kemal. That could just be because their aren't a lot of pictures of Osman Kemal floating around though. Either way, it's a neat little Easter egg.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Dunno.

Priority 1 for the Dev team right now is making the mod work with the launcher.

It sort of works with the launcher, but I've been having a tough time figuring out whether or not "all the minor countries and the Ottoman Empire sharing Liberia's focus tree" is a side effect of a submod or of the pre-1.8 status of the mod.

It sort of works with the launcher, but I've been having a tough time figuring out whether or not "all the minor countries and the Ottoman Empire sharing Liberia's focus tree" is a side effect of a submod or of the pre-1.8 status of the mod.

Ottoman's definitely shouldn't as they have their own (crappy) focus tree.

I haven't been having issue at all, but I've got a very good PC and don't run any real submods for KR which seems to be the main culprit (the only ones I use are graphical and soundtrack).

1.8... doesn't really have all that much that should be an issue, other than the launcher (one of the HOI4 devs commented that it'd have been 1.7.2 if not for quirks of the launcher unification).

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Ottoman's definitely shouldn't as they have their own (crappy) focus tree.

I haven't been having issue at all, but I've got a very good PC and don't run any real submods for KR which seems to be the main culprit (the only ones I use are graphical and soundtrack).

In which case when I get home tonight I'll test the base mod without submods and test the rest individually alongside KR to diagnose the problem. If I find out the revised focus times one is the culprit I'm going to be mighty displeased, but at least the Alash Autonomy Orda and two dozen other minors won't have claims on Sierra Leone.

1.8... doesn't really have all that much that should be an issue, other than the launcher (one of the HOI4 devs commented that it'd have been 1.7.2 if not for quirks of the launcher unification).

Yup. But still it has. I've found every time there has been a major 1.x update to HoI 4, KR and other mods will be broken for some people for a couple of weeks. Every time.

Ditto Stellaris, but I don't notice it as much with that one as the mods for Stellaris are a lot more subtle than KR is.

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
In which case when I get home tonight I'll test the base mod without submods and test the rest individually alongside KR to diagnose the problem. If I find out the revised focus times one is the culprit I'm going to be mighty displeased, but at least the Alash Autonomy Orda and two dozen other minors won't have claims on Sierra Leone.

Yeah, it's the Revised Focus Times mod. Not necessarily game-breaking but quite the bummer if you play the Ottoman Empire or the Legation Cities or Hungary or something. But still 70 days for most foci is pure insanity. I'll learn to live with it until it updates, or maybe I'll work on that small EU4 mod I've been working on but haven't created cover art for and released yet.

I want to suggest something for the KR team, but before going to github I want to ask you about this.

Totalism is broken into two main groups (correct me if I'm wrong), the first group are those who were communists OTL, the marxist Leninsts, like Maurice Deát, Foster and Browder, the totalist leader of Honduras, Nikita Kruschev, and a few others. The other faction are basically the OTL fascists but on the left, like Mosley and Mussolini.

Based on this, I think it would be interesting to have two possible leaders for the German Union as a totalist state created by France. Right now if the Union is totalist who leads is the leader of the OTL DDR, Wilhelm Pieck, but what if Wilhelm Pieck only led if the Jacobins defeated Germany, as they are Leninsts too, and if the Sorelians made a German Union the leader would be Gregor or Otto Strasser as they were basically NazBols OTL?

Yeah, it's the Revised Focus Times mod. Not necessarily game-breaking but quite the bummer if you play the Ottoman Empire or the Legation Cities or Hungary or something. But still 70 days for most foci is pure insanity. I'll learn to live with it until it updates, or maybe I'll work on that small EU4 mod I've been working on but haven't created cover art for and released yet.
KR is rapidly moving away from 70 day length foci, so you're in luck (almost no foci in the China rework are that long)

I want to suggest something for the KR team, but before going to github I want to ask you about this.

Totalism is broken into two main groups (correct me if I'm wrong), the first group are those who were communists OTL, the marxist Leninsts, like Maurice Deát, Foster and Browder, the totalist leader of Honduras, Nikita Kruschev, and a few others. The other faction are basically the OTL fascists but on the left, like Mosley and Mussolini.

Based on this, I think it would be interesting to have two possible leaders for the German Union as a totalist state created by France. Right now if the Union is totalist who leads is the leader of the OTL DDR, Wilhelm Pieck, but what if Wilhelm Pieck only led if the Jacobins defeated Germany, as they are Leninsts too, and if the Sorelians made a German Union the leader would be Gregor or Otto Strasser as they were basically NazBols OTL?
Right now Gregor Strasser is a natpop HoG of Germany and used to be able to be appointed if the AV wins the 1937 elections (the AV-DkP coalition option appears to have been removed, though), so presumably he and his brother did not turn towards National Bolshevism in legacy lore. I'm not familiar with what's going to happen to him or the German Union in the GER rework, though.