Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by RiverDelta, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Rinasoir Occasional Author

The only "good" Totalist is a dead Totalist.

This message brought to you by the Dear God, Anyone But the Totalists gang

Gukpard, Rion_marcus, mayboro and 4 others like this.
  2. Hindustani Person Bomb-throwing anarchist

What about the NatPops? They are as bad as the Totalists, if not worse.

AeroTheZealousOne likes this.
  3. Rinasoir Occasional Author

Well, yeah.

Basically, everyone who isn't a Social Democrat should be purged :D

4. Gukpard hominem populist

There are exceptions on both sides, for Fop we got baldomiro, and San Martin and the integralists on another side.

I don't know what happened to Ramon San Martin on Kr, he was a pretty good president otl as far as I know.

Hindustani Person and Rinasoir like this.
  5. Kol Active Member

@herkles I realize Legacy china Missed opportunity with the AOG.
    The AOG could've had a collapse event like with Mittelafrika and in my version of Legacy lore it can happen

here's the stuff that I made for my version of Legacy china lore.
    I combined the Legacy lore and the rework together to make my version of it
    Chinese Legacy Lore modifications tags

CHI-Xinmindang (New People's party) [新民党]Led by Wang Jingwei can transform into the left Kuomintang starting cosmetic tag people's revolutionary army

PRC-Yellow Way Society's Shangqing Tianguo

It follows the same organizational structure is it normal legacy counterpart but not made up of the same people

SHX revolts against QiE The Shanxi Army if Imperial party (natpot) is in Control

MAN-puppet Manchuria

MEN-puppet inner Mongolia

SQI- revolts against QiE shandong and Yīguàndào if Imperial party (natpot) is in Control

YUN-Yunnan clique

FNG-Fengtian Republic (奉天民國/中華民國奉天政府)

A "warlord Republic"

ANQ-Tang Jiyao's pacification army (jingjun)

GXC-PI KMT (致公国民党)(中国致公党) can become federalist starting cosmetic tag gui-yue United army

HNN-Cheng Qian's Hunan National protection army (HuguoXiangjun) (NPA)

SZC-revolt against YUN Sichuan army

AOG-AOG

Same as normal Legacy One of the potential paths for reforms Is to transform the Allgemeine Ostasiatische Gesellschaft to the Aufsichtsrat der Ostasiatischen Generalverwaltung

LEP- United provinces if the AOG is turned into The oversight committee

QIE-Qing (大清帝國/中華民國北京政府)

The Qing absolutist Monarchy which currently has low support from the gantry most of the gantry supports A constitutional Monarchy but the radical Germans via the AOG support only a absolute Monarchy

MON-Mongolia

Roman von Ungern-Sternberg's Mongolia is extremely unstable.The only way to stop the instability is to have Sternberg become regent by Abdicating from The throne to the 9th Jebtsundamba Khutuktu

Mongolian army

Tag That are same as in the rework

TAN

ETS

SIK

TIB

XSM

In the German foreign ministry its radicals versus conventional's. The conventional generally favor supporting Zhili clique well the radicals generally favor entryist policy for monarchism in the KMT and the radicals believe a KMT Victory is inevitable while the conventional's Believe a small intervention force is necessary to stop the KMT

Note the Radicals policy is basically " china is our India"

Within the Confédération Générale du Travail it Travailleurs and Jacobins (pro-KMT)vs Sorelians and Anarchiste ( anti-KMT)

PoD 1922The German government recognize the Guangzhou government in the rework The French commune recognizes the The government

With German help they set up the Xiaoguwei military Academy instead of the Whampoa Military Academy in the rework The French help set up Whampoa Military Academy like our timeline Soviet Union

Germans invite Xu Shichang to help found A Monarchist wing in the KMT they previously try to solicit Kang Youwei but he rejected these out of hand

Non-participation in the Second Zhili–Fengtian War

The Guominjun wins the anti-Fengtian War with French assistance and drives the Fengtian Clique Back into the Northeast

KMT civil War

First phase

With German backing Xu Shichang's Monarchist wing moves to expel the the left wing of the party

Soong Ching-Ling is placed under house arrest

Chiang Kai-Shek and Liao Zhongkai are assassinated The left wing of the party is expelled

Which causes Wang Jingwei and other left-leaning the members to declare The peoples revolutionary government ( of The Republic of China )

Ye Ting 13th division and Zhang Fakui 12th division revolt along with Tang Shengzhi entire eighth Army to form the peoples revolutionary army

In response to the rebellion Xu found the provisional army [临时军]within the national revolutionary army most the Republican elements have declared neutrality

After the distraction of the Zhili clique. Wu Peifu forces have been the "Guest" of Hunan governor Zhao Hengti

Xu sent feelers out to Hunan with an offer to join his forces against the left-wing

Wu except Zhao Rejects the offer

Wu forces eject Zhao from Hunan

Wu forces are redesignated The provisional fourth army and begin to March South

Zhang Fakui is killed which cause the peoples Revolutionary Army to collapse

Leftist forces are defeated and Wang and a few others Flee to France

Wang Jingwei found the New People's party . ( Xinmindang)

Second phase

The third Guangdong-Guangxi War

After the defeat of the left-wing of the party Xu begin to move on to the Republican right wing backed principally by the New Guangxi clique

Xu Expels the New Guangxi clique from the party which triggers the war

This causes the rest of NRA to revolt

The provisional army is pushed back to a perimeter around Guangzhou

With German assistance The provisional army drives the rest of the NRA into Yunnan which causes a coup against Tang Jiyao bye Long Yun do his failure to Aid Republican forces in the war he then invades and occupied Sichuan.Yun also begins to use anti-monarchist rhetorics

The provisional army is disbanded and reincorporated into the regular National revolutionary army

The northern expedition , German intervention and The treaty of Nanjing occurs

In response to the German intervention young Japanese officers set up A "warlord Republic" much to The consternation Zhang Zuolin in the form of the Fengtian Republic with it's official Capital in Changchun.Zhang Zuolin instead keeps his Power base in Shenyang

Official restoration of the Qing

Xu Shichang dissolve the Kuomintang

The Yunnan-AOG border conflict begins
    The former NRA forces in Yunnan reforming to the national foundation army(Jianguojun) and New Guangxi Clique is stationed in Yunnan-

Guangxi border

Chen Jiongming is appointed the Guangzhou security brigade commander via his appointed he reestablishes the Guangdong Army (yue jun)

Sun Li-jen is appointed as his deputy and is invited into the public interest party

Tang Jiyao is appointed the commander of Changsha security brigade (jingjun) [pacification army]

Wu Peifu asks the Germans if they could help in the reestablishing the Baoding Military Academy. The Germans reject the request in the rework A German military mission helps in the reestablishing the Academy

The public interest party is reformed into Kuomintang

von Falkenhausen becomes Governor General of the AOG

Constitutionalist become increase dissatisfied with the absolutist nature of the New government began to turn to the revolutionaries for support

The Xinmindang begins infiltration into the AOG and makes contact with the national foundation army and the New Guangxi Clique

The KMT begins to form an underground army

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  6. halfcoop Well-Known Member

I mean that’s kinda what happens to the League of Provinces in the upcoming update

phrynolatry and Kol like this.
  7. Kol Active Member

I know that's why I like it

8. Hindustani Person Bomb-throwing anarchist

Can’t wait for the China rework. Maybe it’ll be out as a Christmas gift for us!

9. terranova210486 Well-Known Member

Any word on Hawaii?

10. ThatOneGuy Fite me m8, swer on me mum

President of the South Carolinian Republic
    What about Hawaii

MadFrog and Hindustani Person like this.
  11. Gukpard hominem populist

Guys, I heard that you do not like the Totalist CSA, well, I got this friend, Carl Ingram Albert, he wants to know your location.

Also:
    [​IMG]
    Source

Nivek, Ferd42 and RiverDelta like this.
  12. terranova210486 Well-Known Member

What are doing during the 2ACW?

13. Augenis Latvia isn't real

Fanfiction, nothing about Tukhachevsky's path implies that he's passive on the domestic front (which is also a problem of the Soviet content being old and undeveloped)

14. ThatOneGuy Fite me m8, swer on me mum

President of the South Carolinian Republic
    They dont do much, go independent or join the PSA. If they go independent they can join the Entente, Japanese Sphere or rejoin the US peacefully or through conquest

15. Mumby im that bob

Personally, I think there are too many ideological categories in Kaiserreich atm - and it can lead to situations where Market Liberal Canada won't let in Social Conservative country for whatever reason.

I think it should be more like;

Parliamentary Syndicalism - systems like the UK where the unions have become the legislature
    Anarcho-Syndicalism - systems which have avoided 'statist' centralisation
    Market Democracy - capitalist states which have regular, free elections
    Traditionalism - encompasses constitutional monarchies in which the monarch still retains a great deal of power, and other not-explicitly totalitarian traditional governments
    Market Autocracy - military dictatorships, corrupt oligarchies, colonial remnants etc etc
    Totalitarianism - both Totalism and National Populism

CountofDooku and terranova210486 like this.
  16. 1SaBy Enlightened Radical Alt-Censtrist

Those ideologies would be just too broad.

17. Uebeltank Just wanting a better world.

Yeah. On the extreme side you have vanilla Hoi4 where anything that doesn't feed neatly into the big 3 is "unaligned".

18. Thande I could not fail to disagree with you less Donor

Apologies for double posting, I didn't realise there was a primary discussion thread for this.

Hi - I'm not a HoI person, but if I can do a bit of cheeky advertising, some of you may not be aware that Sea Lion Press publishes a book called The People's Flag (by our founder, @Meadow ) which attempts to do a vaguely more plausible take on the Union of Britain in Kaiserreich. See below - taken from the updates I post on this SLP update thread.

See purchase page on the SLP site here.

19. terranova210486 Well-Known Member

What ever happened to Buckingham Palace in England after the Syndicalists took over?

20. akoslows Well-Known Member

I think you’d have more luck asking this question on the KR Discord server.

Ferd42 and terranova210486 like this.