Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by RiverDelta, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Gukpard hominem populist

Something I like a lot is that there is one ottoman empire for each vision.

Do you want the ottoman empire to be a English like constitutional monarchy? You can get it, just elect the soclibs and follow the path.

Oh, you prefer a German like monarchy with the sultan preventing the parliament from overstretching it's power? Just go for the kemalists and reform the system.

What, you played too much euiv and wants to restore the old ottie empire plus adding late 20th century Islamism? You can, just collapse the soclibs and allow them to take over.

I see, you like the armed forces, right? So allow the Islamists to fall and create a military dictatorship like Japan in WWII, no worries.

2. ThatOneGuy Fite me m8, swer on me mum

President of the South Carolinian Republic
    Though by the devs on words that is the worst path

Kol likes this.
  3. Gukpard hominem populist

I know it is, I never would play it.

Still you need to have paths like that to be realistic, all countries have one crapsack path.

Gladsome and Worffan101 like this.
  4. ThatOneGuy Fite me m8, swer on me mum

yeah, and tbh I just want to play it to see how bad things can get. I love craptastic paths like Pelley's AUS or Burnham's CSA in American Totalists. Its so much more fun than another successful democracy.

Nivek, halfcoop and Ice34 like this.
  5. Twiggierjet Well-Known Member

IDK, for me there are 2 kinds of craptastic paths. The ones that are fun and the ones that just make me feel like an asshole. Pelley's AUS is firmly in the second camp. I still went through it real quick just to see what happens, but that's about it.

6. ThatOneGuy Fite me m8, swer on me mum

Yeah, me to. Thats my thoughts on it.

On that note, outside of the Commonwealth AUS what do you all thing is the most craptastic path in the game right now?

7. Augenis Latvia isn't real

The Iron Guard is pretty up there.

Turkestan could go full ISIS in Darkest Hour (their events are actually in the HoI4 mod too, but they never fire because whoever made them bungled up all the event flags and nobody bothered to fix it)

Gladsome, Worffan101 and Whiteshore like this.
  8. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

Brief summary?

9. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

In terms of damage to the wider world? Definitely a Sorelian/Jacobin France, the Russian State, or NatPop Japan. All three would be nasty revanchist/militarist dictatorships with jingoistic foreign policies and great military strength.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
  10. Augenis Latvia isn't real

upload_2019-10-30_12-10-21.png
    upload_2019-10-30_12-11-16.png

11. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

At this rate, they might as well have had an option to restore the Mongol Empire owing to the fact Mohammad Alim Khan was in real life the last heir to Temujin's legacy, being the last descendant of Genghis Khan to reign as a national leader. (I know they actually don't, but my comment reflects the craziness of "ISIS Turkestan")

Nyvis likes this.
  12. AvatarOfKhaine Eldar God of War

I mean if I recall the Turkestan Caliphate predates ISIS in terms of updates but I could be wrong.

13. Rinasoir Occasional Author

Ah, Darkest Hour KR. Back when Men were Men, Women were also Men, and the Kaiserreich Dev-team was made up of nothing but generous, handsome Gods among men.

That I was (to a minor degree) part of that team should have no bearing on my statements of the past.

14. Admiral Fischer Well-Known Member

You are right. It even predates the Darkest Hour game. It was in the mod at least before the May 2010 version, the earliest iteration of the mod I could find from my hard drive.

EDIT: If there's any interest, this is Kaiserreich 1.2 for DDA (HoI 2 Doomsday Armageddon) released on July 24th 2010, just for everyone's research purpose.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2019
    Whiteshore likes this.
  15. Rinasoir Occasional Author

This is probably the best KR fanart I've seen yet
    [​IMG]

16. terranova210486 Well-Known Member

SomeFollowTheStars likes this.
  17. ThatOneGuy Fite me m8, swer on me mum

I think its part of Australasia or the African French

18. MadFrog Well-Known Member

Maybe, but I wonder where they got so many T3 Christe tanks.

Rinasoir likes this.
  19. Rinasoir Occasional Author

Dunno. It's supposed to be a CSA armoured group on a country road so domestic production?

I don't agree with a lot of the equipment choices that are in place for the various American factions (or a lot of nations as a matter of fact) as far as the world building is concerned, so I can overlook the designs.

20. ThatOneGuy Fite me m8, swer on me mum

I think that could easily be done as submods tho, its not to important that they should take resources away from country devs to fill out name lists for guns for all the nations that can/do exist. Im sure a mod for 'fixing' name lists does exist tbh