Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Any details?
It's actually still a thing in Darkest Hour Kaiserreich.

You need to be Ottomans, annex the SRI and release Sicily. You will receive this event on the government of the independent Sicilian state:

1.png

I still think that this is not a great change, and would've preferred a less obviously terrible candidate to be on the throne, especially if Poland isn't going to start in the Reichspakt.

Actually, all indications including accounts of Wilhelm II himself show that Archduke Charles Stephen was the main contender. Where did you get this info from?
I'm not the Polish dev specifically, so I can't explain everything to you in any acceptable detail. But the thing is that, as explained by Count Burián in his memoirs, Poland choosing Charles Stephen would mean a German annexation of the Polish Border Strip, and Germany pressured Poland with these territorial demands to instead elect a king of their liking.

Regardless, a Habsburg monarch was not chosen by the dev team for our own reasons, which I can't really speak of.

Deleted member 107125

I'm not the Polish dev specifically, so I can't explain everything to you in any acceptable detail. But the thing is that, as explained by Count Burián in his memoirs, Poland choosing Charles Stephen would mean a German annexation of the Polish Border Strip, and Germany pressured Poland with these territorial demands to instead elect a king of their liking.

Regardless, a Habsburg monarch was not chosen by the dev team for our own reasons, which I can't really speak of.
Also a lot of people seem annoyed about Lithuania, can you respond to this?-https://www.reddit.com/r/Kaiserreich/comments/dbx7p5/lithuania_rework_is_historically_absurd_not/

Also a lot of people seem annoyed about Lithuania, can you respond to this?-https://www.reddit.com/r/Kaiserreich/comments/dbx7p5/lithuania_rework_is_historically_absurd_not/
Anger from Polish KR players is to be expected, since, as far as I'm aware, they only treat KR Lithuania as Polish expansion space.

The "sources" this person in particular uses is nonsense - just some wikipedia pages he throws out to make it seem like he isn't pulling ideas from his ass.

Also I'm convinced that he didn't actually read the PR, only checked a few of the linked images and projected the rest - especially since he yells that Jewish influence is unrepresented, that they should have their own party, when they take up an important part in the PR and are stated to have their own party

@Augenis your a dev for kaiserriech? Got a question is there pan-islamic/ islam focus tree for the ottomans since there rework? As the reddit thing about them was about turkish nationalism.

@Augenis your a dev for kaiserriech? Got a question is there pan-islamic/ islam focus tree for the ottomans since there rework? As the reddit thing about them was about turkish nationalism.
I'm Verified (so the lowest on the dev pyramid) and I only work on EE-Rework, and occasionally DH Kaiserreich. I know nothing about the ongoing Otto rework.

In more news from KR, the worst possible idea ever that isn't Pelley:

https://old.reddit.com/r/Kaiserreich/comments/divi3f/a_small_teaser_from_eastern_europe_the_polish/

August Wilhelm
, a hardcore German ultranationalist and Nazi fan, who thinks that Poles are an "inferior" race that should be exterminated according to current German lore...

is King of Poland.

Brilliant. /s

Not even Kaiser Bill can stand this guy!

Current German lore is from the same place where you get Germany running half of China and SRI being based in southern Italy. Ignore it

While I get now where Auwi came from as a possible candidate, I'm still unsure why Charles Stephen wasn't chosen. The memoir seems to indicate that it was only if Poland decided to elect Kaiser Karl as king, therefore entering into personal union with Austria-Hungary, that Poland need fear annexation of the Polish strip. It even seems to indicate that Kaiser Wilhelm was on board with electing Charles Stephen. So I'm guessing from what information was made available that the choice was made to choose Auwi to sow some chaos in Poland and leave open the chance for Austria-Hungary to intervene and place Karl Albrecht on the throne or to pull a Serbia/Flanders-Wallonia and kick Auwi out and invite Karl Albrecht themselves. In any case I have faith in the dev team to create something interesting and fun, I just preferred the Habsburg candidate and thought it most logical.

Tiburon

Banned
Could Ireland be used as a plausible Canadian staging base for an attack on England? Even if they join the Reichspakt and only allow access?