Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by RiverDelta, Dec 30, 2017.

1. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Perhaps he'll show up in Mittelafrika as someone... not too fond of Göring's rule?

2. Worffan101 Ain't done nothing if I ain't been called a Red

I actually have been thinking about this! It might be overly romantic/whitewashing, but I can definitely see Lettow-Vorbeck gaining a lot of respect for some of the local black cultures after using them as Askari, and even becoming sort of progressive in a '30s racist way. "The Ngoni and waHehe are true warrior races, possessed of dignity, honor, and martial prowess that would make them the envy of Europe, had they only industry, modern science, and sound leadership from Berlin to get them on their feet. I made men of those peoples officers in my army in the Weltkrieg, and they served me loyally for seven long years as well as any white man under my command. What von Göring has done to their land is a disgrace and an insult to the dignity of these folk that we should be looking in the eye as equals as we raise them to be our partners on the Dark Continent to keep the ungrateful rebels from overrunning our domain!"

Probably overly optimistic, but Lettow-Vorbeck always was a pragmatist, and he did tell Hitler to sod off OTL, so there's potential there considering that he spent 2 more years living as the leader of a glorified nomad tribe with guns and good discipline while the war raged on in Europe.

3. Garetor Well-Known Member

Just played my first Savinkovist Russia game after going as the CSA for my first game. My god, that's satisfying after the mire and muddle of the ACW. A clean few years of buildup, then you're smashing enemies like tenpins all over the map. Got pretty sloppy near the end, but the margin of victory was high, and and I couldn't imagine Savinkov giving a crap about more land once he's got the Tsar's old borders and a little extra for buffer.

4. 1SaBy Enlightened Radical Alt-Censtrist

I take it you avoided the second civil war then?

5. Garetor Well-Known Member

Yeah, I figured the "Vozhd of the Peasants" wouldn't be too harsh on his workers when they're striking, and so just agreed to whatever they wanted in strikes. It did mean that I didn't get any real industrial tailwinds until I began conquering the old Russian empire and finished Pereistroika.

6. Ice34 Well-Known Member

Hey, so it's not quite Kaiserreich but it is a Central Powers Victory thing. On discord due to the popularity of the TWR RP Conference, we started another Conference based on German victory over France in 1918 but with Britain and the Entente in power in the rest of the world. Currently we need players for Entente majors like Britain and France, so if you're interested please come by.

terranova210486 likes this.
  7. terranova210486 Well-Known Member

Ferd42 likes this.
  8. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

9. Worffan101 Ain't done nothing if I ain't been called a Red

10. 1SaBy Enlightened Radical Alt-Censtrist

11. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Submod idea for when the Chinese Rework comes out: reintroduce the AOG as a tag... specifically, as a cosmetic tag that can be applied to German East Asia if the Indochinese Revolution succeeds.

12. Whiteshore Defender of Myrcella Baratheon

Well, there's also GEA's Pacific islands and OTL Malaysia/Singapore.

13. Vince Optimistic Pessimist

14. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

When did "leak" become used for "teaser/teased", anyway?
    EDIT: Aw, Paneuropa is out.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
  15. Augenis Latvia isn't real

Leaks are different from teasers. Teasers are material pre-planned in advance to be put out in order to keep the public engaged. Leaks are just one dev throwing something out as a way to amuse themselves. :p

Admiral A. Kolchak likes this.
  16. AeroTheZealousOne Forever in debt to your priceless advice

Hey, we missed you, Augenis! I'm a little late to the party but welcome back!

Yeah, leaks are more sanctioned whereas traders are often smaller and with less context.

Augenis likes this.
  17. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

Indeed, but the balance of power in the GEA would clearly shift towards the German holdings (and it was a "can be", in other words I considered it as event that could go in another direction).
    The ways leaks are often used in HOI4 modding, they seem practically identical to your definition of teaser.

18. GDIS Pathe Well-Known Member

Unless the AOG can somehow usurp the Kaiserliche Marines control of the region and considering that said KM controls the ships, troops, and has jurisdiction over the entire region while said AOG only has control over a handful of enclaves in China enclaves which may have been lost upon the conclusion of the Indochinese Revolt due to the LEPlosion

CountofDooku likes this.
  19. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

May being an important word, no?

20. GDIS Pathe Well-Known Member

Not really without the KM those AOG enclaves aren't worth a damn. Unless you somehow expect a board of advisors to manage to overrule Imperial Navy