Kaiser Wilhelm III !!! WE NEED YOU!

I know doug unfourtantly ended Empty America. You briefly said that you would like to continue it. Do you plan to? I hope so. You can email him too.

Constantinople said:
I know doug unfourtantly ended Empty America. You briefly said that you would like to continue it. Do you plan to? I hope so. You can email him too.

Well, more precisely, I asked if he minded if shw-i collectively continued it, turning it into a joint timeline like For All Nails. I don't have time to continue something Empty America solo. (Ye gods, the backlog for DoD posts at the moment is already into double figures - five written by other people I need to edit and seven of my own in varying states of completion). But I'd be happy to co-ordinate some of it, write occasional posts, and encourage others to finish posts.

Neroon

Banned
Constantinople said:

WHAT?!

When and why did that happen?
EA was the only reason left for me to go to the newsgroup and and dig my way through all those counspiracy theories in order to get to it.

BTW: A collaborative continuation makes a lot more sense than loading more work on poor Kaiser III. Otherwise he´d end up more stressed out than Kaiser Reinhard von Lohengram :) .

The Doge asked the Khan to invade Sicily, to take it from Aragon, and the Khan does. This sets off a nasty chain of events. The Pope, who authorized King Jaime of Aragon to take it in the first place, writes a blistering letter to Sartak, condemning his action. Sartak, goaded by conservative Mongols who say "I told you so" over the Pope's "arrogance" in thinking he can judge a Khan, breaks with the Pope, severing the Catholic church within the Empire and directing the election of a more compliant Pope, who will preside in Rome, in kind of a Vatican City type arrangement. Sartak also cancels the Great Council, ending any prospect of reconciling the Reformed Church with the Catholic Church. Isolated in Constantinople, Gregory starts drifting even closer to the Greeks, desperate to form some kind of unified front against the schizmatic in Rome. This sets off events that leads the French to call a council and declare Gregory deposed and elect their own Pope. in the process, they declare that the King of France is the heir of the HR Emperor, and grant the King of France a power once purportedly held by the Emperor - to cast the first vote for Pope. So now there are three popes, with no signs that the situation will end any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator: