Jour J - French AH Comics collection

Volume 46 and 47 of Jour J is coming febuary 2022

Jour-J.jpg

Les Noces de Sang 1/2
1936, the poet García Lorca is murder by franquistes.
Salvador Dali decide to avenge him and start incredible conspiracy to stop Franco.
But we talk here about Salvador Dali, with him nothing is normal...
His revenge takes international proportions what change future of Europe...
(I hope that part 2 is: Salvador Dali vs Adolf Hitler)

71iXy99XzYL.jpg

Le Chevalier noir de Camelot 1/2
Bobby Kennedy is save by young afro American in 1968
He is victorious against Nixon and return to White House
but next to program for new America, he has another matter:
Find the ones who killed his brother John...

Last edited:
Jour-J.jpg

Had the chance to read it
it's a Mess,

Arlem artwork is not consistent, some time good, some time you can't recognise Dali,
It look like the artist rush to finish that Album for a pay check.

The Script by Duval and Pecau, in short Dali provoke an International Disaster with allot of dead French.
And pull France into Spanish Civil War, next to that Leo Trotsky pops up in Spain.
I expected more of the Story more of Dali surrealism and his eccentric behaviour,
But the three only manage produce moderately bad comic instead...

Some changes happen At Delcourt
Le Chevalier noir de Camelot 1/2 is push to february 2023 as Volume 48

instead volume 47 has second part of Les Noces de Sang 2/2
and it's worst shit show as first part,
This could have better called "Let's Kill Trotsky!" with pushing Dali to a side character that barely in Comic...

Last edited:
Le Chevalier noir de Camelot 1/2 is out and its good story & artwork.
Robert Kennedy survive, is victorious against Nixon and return to White House.
But next allot national problems like Vietnam, he want to find the ones who killed his brother John...
and those want to kill him too...

The second part could be end of this year

Being that this is a French comic book, I am surprised that Joan of Arc- who is, after all, only France’s national hero- has not appeared more often(yes, I know in issue 26 a bandit leader called Jeanne D’arc is a character but is that all there is on her?)

81HOKV+P7VL._SY466_.jpg

50th issue of Jour J coming in January 2024.

1685 King Phillipe VII rules over New France in North America.
He plans on re-conquest old France in Europe, but the British will not allow this...

Last edited:
Who the hell is Phillipe VII ?
The French kings in this period were Louis XIII and Louis XIV. Was it a minor noble or a scion of the Royal family ?

Last edited:
Who the hell is Phillipe VII ?
The French kings in this period were Louis XIII and Louis XIV. Was it a minor noble or a scion of the Royal family ?
King Louis XIII had son named Phillip
He look allot like that Phillip VII guy on cover
361px-Portrait_painting_of_Philippe_of_France%2C_Duke_of_Orl%C3%A9ans_holding_a_crown_of_a_child_of_France_%28Pierre_Mignard%2C_Mus%C3%A9e_des_Beaux-Arts_de_Bordeaux%29.jpg

Also, what the hell would be the POD?
Could be the Fronde a civil war in France from 1648 to 1653,
About how the King has to rule France.
Here the french king Louis XIII and his family had to flee from Paris at one time of war.
In this conflict help Spain the French nobility and intervene military in France.
In the end the French king won (with help of England war against Spain) and establish the absolute monarchy.

Seems here the Fronde had very differente outcome and Phillip VII rule now over French colony in America
but i have to wait until album is on sale to read it.

France had had already six Philips on the throne, the first back in the 11th century, the last, Philip VI, in the 14th century
Seems something happen to prince Louis during the civil-war, making his Brother to Phillip VII of France.
This Civil-war about who control the French Nation: the nobility or the King absolute rule.

Seems something happen to prince Louis during the civil-war, making his Brother to Phillip VII of France.
This Civil-war about who control the French Nation: the nobility or the King absolute rule.
Something similar to the last entry in the period with the Last Musketeer storyline.

Is this a sequel to Musketeer storyline ?
Actually it is. I just checked it in my library and it just announces this sequel in the last page. I completely forgot about it.
Long story short, Louis XIV was killed in the Fronde, and Philippe VII was made king of a rump state centered on Paris, and at the end, the English and the Spaniards eventually partitioned France between them, while King Philip escaped to New France.

As sloppy as most of these offerings had been, I really did miss these, as they are AH graphic novels for the sake of AH. Yes, they can very silly, but I had good times reading these, so glad to see they are getting on track.

I really did miss these, as they are AH graphic novels for the sake of AH.
90% of Jour J series is this Junk, but there some good albums in series
like issue 6# "L'imagination au Pouvoir ?"

Being that this is a French comic book, I am surprised that Joan of Arc- who is, after all, only France’s national hero- has not appeared more often
i wonder also, that there is no french AH comic/novel about Joan of Arc.
seem it's some kind of taboo under french publisher...

i wonder also, that there is no french AH comic/novel about Joan of Arc.
Joan, or more likely an alternate version of her, has actually appeared in Le Bal des Pendus (Hanged Men's Ball?*) and Le Dieu Vert (The Green God?) among Jour J's album.

*These are litteral translations of the French title. I'm not sure if these are the actual titles in English.

But these two weren't necessarilly very good albums... The story is more or less the Black Plague having gone worse for Europe and fucking things over, allowing Mali to become a major power because of less European interferences. And a new religion to sprout because that obviously shows up easily...

Oh and Joan was somehow a lesbian... That dies minutes after she starts kissing a woman she's about to have sex with on the beach... All for the sake of a gratuitous Shymalan-style twist to have Zheng He's expeditions be revealed to be more militaristic minded...

Otherwise, I haven't really seen an AH story involving her. Unless you count her imagery being used by Fascist France in the Omega trilogy (which is also Jour J).
seem it's some kind of taboo under french publisher...
Considering that Jour J did an album that had Christ basically go the Ben Laden route instead of getting Crucified...

I mean, if you're willing to allow that, I don't see why there would be any kind of taboo regarding any historical character, even Joan of Arc.

More likely it's because Joan is actually not that popular a figure to use in terms of AH compared to others. I mean, think about it: in French history alone you've got Napoleon, Louis XIV, De Gaulle and a few others that would have a bigger impact. And if you start going for World History, Joan's not on the top of the food chain.

Joan's not on the top of the food chain.
She is one of France national symbol...
Joan, or more likely an alternate version of her, has actually appeared in Le Bal des Pendus (Hanged Men's Ball?*) and Le Dieu Vert (The Green God?) among Jour J's album.
it unclear if this Joan is Joan of arc, look more this Joan is spoof on SM Stirling work and his flavour for lesbians...