Jour J - French AH Comics collection

new Volume 38 for August 2019

The Last Musketeer. 1 of 2

883c5bc7dfa053d3d7c131a1fd9785af.jpg

* Fronde des princes was a series of civil wars in France between 1648 and 1653, occurring in the midst of the Franco-Spanish War.
Oh man, I want this in English. The cover is a take off on the famous (in its day) Henri Motte painting of Richelieu at the Siege of La Rochelle, so the twist here is curious and made me pay attention even before I realized we were going full bore into the Dumas romances.

I'm all in on this, thanks to silly plot and good cover. But staying away from the hallucination voodoo stuff and DRACULA~ plots of previous iterations.

Richelieu-Marine-Le-Pen.jpg

Is it me, or have they stopped doing translations into English on these works over the last two years? Is it some kind of economic thing, or changes in taste? 2017 to 2018 there was a mini-boom of Jour J translations and backfilling of the releases. Now, crickets. Considering English language AH comics that are not based on alternate takes of a given superhero are not done often, I for one will miss it.

News on "le dernier Atlas"
The unique Alternate history won in France and Belgium some of highest award in Sci-fi and Comic.
now volume 2 will arrive after 3 April 2020 in Belgium and french Bookstores

9791034737642-couv-M800x1600.jpg

The Last Musketeer. 2 of 2
arrive after 24 April 2020 in Belgium and French Bookstores

odd, Delcourt give no info for the coming next volumes of Jour J
A sign this comic series is in shutdown ?

b920cb8e88b4d45604ec7a299cee536b.jpg

What its about.

French Algerian Ismael Tayeb is a lieutenant in a criminal gang. His boss gives him an order he can not refuse: find a nuclear battery ...
For this he will have to restart and use the last Atlas, one of those huge French robots who managed titanic constructions works to the middle in the 1970s,
but after a serious nuclear incident during the Algerian war, all were dismantled ...
with the exception of Nr°13 "George Sand" who lies on scrapyard in India.
At the same time, Françoise Halfort, a former war reporter, finds herself confronted in the Algeria.
with an unprecedented ecological and seismic phenomenon that will upset the balance of the world ...

This mixture of a good Luc Besson thriller, Gigant Robot, politic and alternate History
is a surprise hit in Belgium and France
i read it and highly recommend it

odd, Delcourt give no info for the coming next volumes of Jour J
A sign this comic series is in shutdown ?
Possibly. I have a harder time finding Jour J in the place I usually saw them. That said, it might just be in the one store I usually go to to have a look...

I do have the impression that they're taking more and more time to release a story though.

News on "le dernier Atlas"
The unique Alternate history won in France and Belgium some of highest award in Sci-fi and Comic.
now volume 2 will arrive after 3 April 2020 in Belgium and french Bookstores

9791034737642-couv-M800x1600.jpg

Ohh, thanks, didn't know when the second album would be released.

Given the country-wide – or even continent-wide – lockdown due to the coronavirus epidemic, I have the feeling that most publishers are massively rescheduling their releases.

Good news
"le dernier Atlas" volume 2 and Jour J volume 40 are ship out to Online shops and Bookstores

Strangely no info about Preview on Next "Jour J 41" neither "Wunderwaffen: Zepplinwar" at there publisher
i know for Wunderwaffen is could be publish end of Year, but the chance are marginal...

According to Amazon, this is "J. Jour" #41:

On the moon the revolt is launched and the factories are on strike. Ardan, despite himself, takes the lead of the insurgents. The mysterious Babette seems to be pursuing her own interests. As for the Vors, the fearsome mafia that reigns with an iron fist over the helium mines, it seems to hesitate to choose sides. Will the rebels of the Moon triumph or perish?

See: https://www.amazon.com/Jour-T41-Lune-Rouge-French/dp/2413022236

Last edited:
According to Amazon, this is "J. Jour" #41:

strange publisher Delcourt give no information about JJour#41 on there Homepage

"le dernier Atlas" volume 2 is good
Ismael Tayeb manage to get Nr°13 "George Sand" to it's destination, but Situation worldwide escalate that the UN has to intervene...
Again good mixture out thriller, Gigant Robot, Sci-fi, politic and alternate History
The backstory focus more on Algeria and it's alternate version of Civil war that ended in a nuclear disaster...
136124.jpg

514eAKKTUoL._SX373_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Here is the cover for people interested...

strange publisher Delcourt give no information about JJour#41 on there Homepage

"le dernier Atlas" volume 2 is good
Ismael Tayeb manage to get Nr°13 "George Sand" to it's destination, but Situation worldwide escalate that the UN has to intervene...
Again good mixture out thriller, Gigant Robot, Sci-fi, politic and alternate History
The backstory focus more on Algeria and it's alternate version of Civil war that ended in a nuclear disaster...
If anything the release isn't until September 20, 2020. As such, I will definitely take a look at "Le Dernier Atlas"....

news from Delcourt
Another trilogy of Jour J

9782413023937-001-X.jpeg

The Big Secret 1/3
New York 1943
The USA arrange Peace talks between The Third Reich and Britain
After there defeat during the Battle of Britain by Luftwaffe
Churchill resignation from office, to make place for a British Pro German Government
in Mean time FDR try to persuade Capitol Hill to declare War on The Third Reich...

Jour J 43 is out

The Big Secret 1/2
Two OSS agents in Europe Discover the truth what a the SS do to Jews in Ausschwitz
Are they able to warn there chiefs in USA about it ?

good news
in September comes 3 and final Volume of Le Dernier Atlas
will Ismael Tayeb manage to save the World and him self and his loved ones ?

E0jmCcLX0AI-oaK

new issue of Jour J in october
9782413011156-001-X.jpeg

volume 45 L'Affaire Ravaillac
14 mai 1610, French King Henri IV survive the murder attempt by Ravaillac
The King order a investigation and find surprising results....

The translations of the Jour J really stopped right at the start of the pandemic. Sad. I was looking forward to some of them. Considering the AH English language market by sheer numbers is larger than the French one, they are leaving money on the table by not trying to get these translated.

i had the chance to read "Le Dernier Atlas" volume 3
it furious, violent climax, some times confusing do Politics, social lecture and Alternate History.
but a dam good to read
i hope that one day they make English Translation of it.

Here interview on French TV News with the Author Fabien Vehlmann on Trilogy

Last edited: