John Brown Lives: Anti-KKK Fighter During Reconstruction?

This idea actually came from a friend where he thought John Brown would have served history better had he not been executed and either never did Harpers Ferry or managed to escape to friendlier pastures. He believed the civil war was inevitably gonna happen soon anyway and really all Harpers Ferry did was through fuel onto the fire.
So what would John Browns actions likely be had he lived? He probably be ecstatic that the war against slavery has finally been started. He’d certainly fan the flames of abolition but also likely lead volunteers in the Civil War. But probably what could be very interesting is if he gets hired by the Lincoln Administration on dealing with Confederate partisans in Union occupied territory or even starting some Unionist insurrections behind Confederate lines due to his experience in Bleeding Kansas.
But could he also be used in Reconstruction as a military leader against the different white supremacist partisans like the KKK, Red Shirts and White League?
I had seen plenty of questions about if John Brown succeeded but I haven’t seen any on what if he survived so I’m possiting this question if any of these possibilities could’ve happened in this scenario?