Jewish Mongols

Glen

Scarecrow said:
WI the mongol hordes were converted to Judaism? a Mongol Middle East? :D

Actually, I've wondered some similar things in the recent past (spin off musings from my Khazar researches).

The Middle East probably not, but Central Asia might very well be Jewish. Wonder how that might have impacted things...

oy genghis!...all day out there riding on the steps...you never call...you never write...your father and I get so worried...!

1978 said:
oy genghis!...all day out there riding on the steps...you never call...you never write...your father and I get so worried...!

hehehehe. Now thats funny.:D

Genghis's parents must have been so dissapointed in him, he conquered half the world, but they would have been so much happier if he had been a doctor or lawyer.

ay gevalt, he never made his mother proud. she couldnt brag about her son to all the other mothers in the retirement community in UlaanBaatar

There's several ways one could go with this. Would Europe be as antisemitic, assuming these Mongols still lust for expansion?

Glen

Wendell said:
There's several ways one could go with this. Would Europe be as antisemitic, assuming these Mongols still lust for expansion?

Well, depends on what you mean by antisemitic, I suppose...

There may be a lot of hatred for the dread Mongolian Jewish hordes...but it would also make it a bit harder to justify making them the scapegoat for everything since instead of being a homeless minority, they now have the Mogol Jewish states to go to/complain to....

Glen Finney said:
Well, depends on what you mean by antisemitic, I suppose...

There may be a lot of hatred for the dread Mongolian Jewish hordes...but it would also make it a bit harder to justify making them the scapegoat for everything since instead of being a homeless minority, they now have the Mogol Jewish states to go to/complain to....
Would Jewish Mongols be acceptable allies for Papal-sponsored adventures into the Middle East?

Wendell, that might be likely... Europe wants Alexandria, the Jewish Mongols want Jerusalem, but that would also mean that Europe will have a easy access to Asian Trade. and won't seek Naval Routes to the West.. of course, that would mean No Columbus, etc.

Will the Jewish diaspora in Europe flee to Monol held domains in the west? to Jerusalem itself after it is conquered?

Hmm... the Mongols in OTL, didn't have a strong, unifying culture... if the Jewish culture spread through out the Mongol world, then they might attempt convert all of their subjetcs to Judaism, resulting in a large number of Chinese Jews... China might become more trade positive and receptive to foreign ideas than in OTL.

Elidor said:
Wendell, that might be likely... Europe wants Alexandria, the Jewish Mongols want Jerusalem, but that would also mean that Europe will have a easy access to Asian Trade. and won't seek Naval Routes to the West.. of course, that would mean No Columbus, etc.

Will the Jewish diaspora in Europe flee to Monol held domains in the west? to Jerusalem itself after it is conquered?

Hmm... the Mongols in OTL, didn't have a strong, unifying culture... if the Jewish culture spread through out the Mongol world, then they might attempt convert all of their subjetcs to Judaism, resulting in a large number of Chinese Jews... China might become more trade positive and receptive to foreign ideas than in OTL.
I still think that Europe would take to the seas. There were too many inefficiencies in overland travel, and many would still claim that the Jews killed Jesus. As such, they may not trust their Jewish allies as time goes on...

yeah, but that would kill the orifginal incentive of westwards sea travel for some time, so well, while Europe may set sail, it is likely that will st sail sometimes later than 1492.

That could change history as we know it.

Elidor said:
yeah, but that would kill the orifginal incentive of westwards sea travel for some time, so well, while Europe may set sail, it is likely that will st sail sometimes later than 1492.

That could change history as we know it.
I'm not sure that it would kill that incentive. As you would agree, much can change in several hundred years. Besides, would the Mongol hegemon hold in TTL?

I wonder what a Jewish China would look like. For one thing, lot's less pork, although the Chinese might be receptive to Judaism, because Confucianism and Judaism share many common traits.

{QUOTE=Wendell]. Besides, would the Mongol hegemon hold in TTL?[/QUOTE]

probably,
since they have a unifying religion...

Wendell said:
. Besides, would the Mongol hegemon hold in TTL?

Elidor said:
probably,
since they have a unifying religion...
That assumes it takes hold among all Mongols. BTW, how long before the Mongols assert themselves as a "lost tribe of Israel"?

Not long....

The lost tribe of Israel has always been a lucrative way of showing that your civilization is older than it really is :)

Elidor said:
Not long....

The lost tribe of Israel has always been a lucrative way of showing that your civilization is older than it really is :)
And it can be used to "justify" a hierarchy based on ethnicity:rolleyes: