Japanese occupation of Australia WWII

Would anybody like to design a TL where the Japanese succeed in invading and holding Australia during and after 1942 ? WI the IJA instead of OTL rejecting IJN plans to invade as being unfeasible given Atrmy commitments in China, Manchuria, and on the Russian border, actually did somehow commit to an invasion of Australia ? How would a post-WWII Japanese-occupied Australia look ? And what about Gen MacArthur, the Australian govt and the Brisbane Line of defence (whereby in the event of invasion all Australian territory north of Brisbane would be abandoned to the Japanese and subject to a scorched-earth policy, with Australian and American forces pulling back around Brisbane to better defend the southeastern seaboard with its predominance of Australia's population and industry)- how would this policy have worked ?

Melvin Loh said:
Would anybody like to design a TL where the Japanese succeed in invading and holding Australia during and after 1942 ? WI the IJA instead of OTL rejecting IJN plans to invade as being unfeasible given Atrmy commitments in China, Manchuria, and on the Russian border, actually did somehow commit to an invasion of Australia ? How would a post-WWII Japanese-occupied Australia look ? And what about Gen MacArthur, the Australian govt and the Brisbane Line of defence (whereby in the event of invasion all Australian territory north of Brisbane would be abandoned to the Japanese and subject to a scorched-earth policy, with Australian and American forces pulling back around Brisbane to better defend the southeastern seaboard with its predominance of Australia's population and industry)- how would this policy have worked ?

The IJA was right it WAS unfeasible, if they tried to invade they would have wound up ruling some desert land, at best.

Japanese defeat is all that comes to mind. They may have had enough manpower to occupy various Pacific Islands but occupy Australia? I think the same problems with logistics will come into play as when we discuss the possibility of the Japanese seizing Hawaii, they don't have the capabilities.

David S Poepoe said:
Japanese defeat is all that comes to mind. They may have had enough manpower to occupy various Pacific Islands but occupy Australia? I think the same problems with logistics will come into play as when we discuss the possibility of the Japanese seizing Hawaii, they don't have the capabilities.

Only worse.

David S Poepoe said:
I would also wonder if quicker.

It would depend on how remote a place they land. If they land in the middle of nowhere they might last a while. Of course they also haven't accomplished much besides burn up oil and show the flag then.

Jap ivnasion of Australia? I can see an incursion up in the Northern Territory or northern Queensland, maybe seize a little bit of continental territory and a few off shore islands. But any attempt to stage a serious invasion of Australia (i.e. have a crack at the major East coast cities) will be driven off with heavy losses
Edit to add:
And what about Gen MacArthur, the Australian govt and the Brisbane Line of defence (whereby in the event of invasion all Australian territory north of Brisbane would be abandoned to the Japanese and subject to a scorched-earth policy, with Australian and American forces pulling back around Brisbane to better defend the southeastern seaboard with its predominance of Australia's population and industry)- how would this policy have worked ?
From what I have heard it sounds like the "Brisbane line" was at most only vaugly considered for a short period of time. However I can see some of the logic in it (withdraw troops to defend the more heavily populated areas etc.)

Would a Japanese invasion of New Zealand be in the works, or would that be even harder to do than invading the Australian Outback?