Italian fascists opinion on Romania?

What did the italians think about the eastern latin speakers? What place would they get in the italian impelialist vision? Small brother? Shield against the USSR? Integral part of the empire?

Italy wanted to make Romania close ally and satellite if not a colony the way Albania and Yugoslavia would've been. The Romanian fascists had relatively internationalist view that aspired to build a European fascist "civilization", in order to prevent the victory of their marxists competitors to replace a liberalism that appeared to be moribund.

Italy wanted to make Romania close ally and satellite if not a colony the way Albania and Yugoslavia would've been. The Romanian fascists had relatively internationalist view that aspired to build a European fascist "civilization", in order to prevent the victory of their marxists competitors to replace a liberalism that appeared to be moribund.
So, in an ideal situation, would the italians defend romania's territorial integrity against hungary and the USSR? As far as I know, the hungary-romania interwar border was the result of the german favoritism for hungary. By ideal I mean an europe were the italians get to draw borders however they want on ideological grounds.

So, in an ideal situation, would the italians defend romania's territorial integrity against hungary and the USSR? As far as I know, the hungary-romania interwar border was the result of the german favoritism for hungary. By ideal I mean an europe were the italians get to draw borders however they want on ideological grounds.
Most likely, yes. Italian fascism made things up as they went along to begin with, but Italy likely would've supported Romania against Hungarian revanchism. Getting both Budapest and Bucharest on Rome's good side would be very difficult, but Hungarian revanchism could still be aimed at Czechoslovakia or Yugoslavia.
Italy_aims_Europe_1936.png

BigBlueBox

Banned
Most likely, yes. Italian fascism made things up as they went along to begin with, but Italy likely would've supported Romania against Hungarian revanchism.
Do you have any evidence for this assertion? Every source online says that Italy sincerely supported the Second Vienna Award and Treaty of Craiova. One of Fascist Italy’s primary goals in Europe was expansion into Yugoslavia, which they planned on doing with the assistance of Hungary and Bulgaria. Romania’s primary goal was keeping the Hungarians down with the help of Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.

Do you have any evidence for this assertion? Every source online says that Italy sincerely supported the Second Vienna Award and Treaty of Craiova. One of Fascist Italy’s primary goals in Europe was expansion into Yugoslavia, which they planned on doing with the assistance of Hungary and Bulgaria. Romania’s primary goal was keeping the Hungarians down with the help of Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia.
Yeah, compared to the nazis, the italians were a lot more pragmatical so its harder to imagine an italian "new european order", thats why I asked to know if maybe an important figure of the fascist party/movement/government at some point said something regarding the romanians or romania.

You're probably right then, I don't have a lot of expertise on Mussolini's foreign policy. I knew they planned on making Romania some kind of ally or client, but basically zero knowledge of the Italian position in the Second Vienna Awards, Berlin seemed to wearing the pants in that conference.