Is there a way to get a Anti-American Japan?

Perhaps, Japanese internment in the US could be worse, with most Japanese-Americans eventually being deported to Japan at the end of the war. (Not sure how to make this happen other than some really racist politicians coming to power in the US.) The expelled Japanese-Americans then form a very angry voting bloc in Japan.

I suppose the US could have propped up some asshole to be a West-friendly dictator in Japan, a la the Shah in Iran. Even that probably wouldn’t be enough - Japan probably liberalizes in the 80s, same as ROK and Taiwan.

You want to piss off the Japanese, it starts with demanding a truly unconditional surrender - OTL the Japanese asked to have their emperor protected from prosecution for war crimes. If Truman and Co. tell Japan to go fuck itself and prosecuted the emperor anyway, disbands the royal family, and props up a West-friendly asshole to rule the ROJ with an iron fist, expect Hirohito to become something of a resistance figure even in death. The message the Japanese will get is “they leveled our cities, unleashed the fires of hell itself on us, killed our beloved emperor, shamed us to the world, and look at who they put in charge!” This has “future coup” written all over it, and you can be certain they’ll hate all things American and more justifiably so than in Iran.

Perhaps, Japanese internment in the US could be worse, with most Japanese-Americans eventually being deported to Japan at the end of the war. (Not sure how to make this happen other than some really racist politicians coming to power in the US.) The expelled Japanese-Americans then form a very angry voting bloc in Japan.
Consider that Harry Truman's VP Alben B. Barkley (D-KY) was a "Dixiecrat". As such, he might have proposed the policies...

Consider that Harry Truman's VP Alben B. Barkley (D-KY) was a "Dixiecrat". As such, he might have proposed the policies...

And he could be his own man at times, he nearly took Truman's place but FDR refused him. A few years prior Barkley opposed a $10 billion tax hike because he thought it did not do enough for small businesses and got a variant bill passed with only a $2.3 billion raise. It may have been the first revenue bill vetoed by a president but i'm not sure.

I've been asking myself about a scenario where Japan hates the United States after the World War 2
so is it possible to get an Japan that is on the same level as Iran, North Korea, Somalia but it has to take place after World war 2?
Can you answer me if it's possible.
If Japan somehow stays out of World War 2 and survives into the Cold War as an independent power, they’d likely be more hostile to the United States.

I suppose the US could have propped up some asshole to be a West-friendly dictator in Japan, a la the Shah in Iran. Even that probably wouldn’t be enough - Japan probably liberalizes in the 80s, same as ROK and Taiwan.

You want to piss off the Japanese, it starts with demanding a truly unconditional surrender - OTL the Japanese asked to have their emperor protected from prosecution for war crimes. If Truman and Co. tell Japan to go fuck itself and prosecuted the emperor anyway, disbands the royal family, and props up a West-friendly asshole to rule the ROJ with an iron fist, expect Hirohito to become something of a resistance figure even in death. The message the Japanese will get is “they leveled our cities, unleashed the fires of hell itself on us, killed our beloved emperor, shamed us to the world, and look at who they put in charge!” This has “future coup” written all over it, and you can be certain they’ll hate all things American and more justifiably so than in Iran.

it seem like it would be a good idea, Does anyone come up with a Timeline Name?
Like The Day Where America angers The Japanese or Tokyo Vs. Washington or your own timeline name for that timeline?
That Timeline will be an Pop-culture Timeline, Ok?

I Apologize for not posting since Feb 17, 2020 but alright.

Sabre77

Banned

Eh.....even then, I wouldn’t say “justifiably“considering that Japan had literally gone on a years long rampage across Asia committing horrific atrocties to the point where even European colonial rule looked good in comparison.

it seem like it would be a good idea, Does anyone come up with a Timeline Name?
Like The Day Where America angers The Japanese or Tokyo Vs. Washington or your own timeline name for that timeline?
That Timeline will be an Pop-culture Timeline, Ok?

I Apologize for not posting since Feb 17, 2020 but alright.

Black Dragon Renaissance: The New Empire of Japan. How’s that for a title?

McPherson

Banned
I've been asking myself about a scenario where Japan hates the United States after the World War 2
so is it possible to get an Japan that is on the same level as Iran, North Korea, Somalia but it has to take place after World war 2?
Can you answer me if it's possible.

Simplest way is to put someone other than MacArthur
in as Shogun. Also listen to this incompetent: Ruth Benedict.

Summary; do not allow an autocrat and prima donna showman, who understands how to kabuki dance in the terms of both American and Japanese cultural context to manage societal reforms. Instead put in "alleged experts" to run things who are entirely clueless as to cultural sensitivity and the need to respect the people of Japan as they see themselves. That will engender the pre-war ginned up hatreds and continue the racism that led to so much misunderstanding in the first place.

Simplest way is to put someone other than MacArthur in as Shogun. Also listen to this incompetent: Ruth Benedict.

Summary; do not allow an autocrat and prima donna showman, who understands how to kabuki dance in the terms of both American and Japanese cultural context to manage societal reforms. Instead put in "alleged experts" to run things who are entirely clueless as to cultural sensitivity and the need to respect the people of Japan as they see themselves. That will engender the pre-war ginned up hatreds and continue the racism that led to so much misunderstanding in the first place.
Who would be the leader in Japan if Japan were occupied by America and Ruth Benedict would be the perfect way to end the American-Japanese Relations.

Anti-American Propaganda Would be shown within Post-war Japan, Banning of Japanese-Made Cars well as Japanese-Made Video Game and Anime & Manga, etc in America.

How's that?

McPherson

Banned
Who would be the leader in Japan if Japan were occupied by America and Ruth Benedict would be the perfect way to end the American-Japanese Relations.

1595793673617.png

This guy.

Leftcom

Banned
Japan quickly goes Communist in any scenario in which America tries a land invasion supported by nukes.

McPherson

Banned
So What would Joseph Stalin do to Jeopardize the American-Japanese Relations? besides if America unsuccessfully negotiated with Japan, who replaces America's Ally?

The short answer is Stalin could miscalculate and try to peel off Hokkaido. NTG. Kind of a Korean War situation, only bigger. Might see China as an ally. Mao was not THAT STUPID. As long as the Russians supported his policy, the Moscow Beijing alliance would hold, but if Stalin goes off playing 19th Century Russian imperialist with Japan, then it will be the Russians in 1890s Manchuria all over again. China was the big loser in that Russo Japanese contest. Substitute the Americans for the Japanese? Maybe Mao grits his teeth and toes the Stalin line, but it is more likely that he will see the Americans as a counter-influence to Russia tearing off a chunk of China in the ATL. The only reason China fought in Korea was they saw the Americans seemed to be playing the Japanese role in trying to tear away a part of China. It comes down to smart Go play in Washington. Can the Americans make the mental adjustment that Mao is better than Joe as an Asian partner?

The short answer is Stalin could miscalculate and try to peel off Hokkaido. NTG. Kind of a Korean War situation, only bigger. Might see China as an ally. Mao was not THAT STUPID. As long as the Russians supported his policy, the Moscow Beijing alliance would hold, but if Stalin goes off playing 19th Century Russian imperialist with Japan, then it will be the Russians in 1890s Manchuria all over again. China was the big loser in that Russo Japanese contest. Substitute the Americans for the Japanese? Maybe Mao grits his teeth and toes the Stalin line, but it is more likely that he will see the Americans as a counter-influence to Russia tearing off a chunk of China in the ATL. The only reason China fought in Korea was they saw the Americans seemed to be playing the Japanese role in trying to tear away a part of China. It comes down to smart Go play in Washington. Can the Americans make the mental adjustment that Mao is better than Joe as an Asian partner?
So Japan would be allying with Soviet Union after the World War 2? well, how can Japanese-made Anime and other products be included in a hypothetical american sanctions? What will most Japanese companies do?