Is there a way Spain could have gotten the area of the 13 colonies?

Although I'd stray away from such things and try to keep it as realistic as possible.
But of course. The mods take a dim view of messing around with anything natural and remand them to ASB. So I threw that out there, but then focused on human-driven ATL innovations (alternate Native American crops for the northerly climates, not too implausible but hard to do right) before settling back on "Spanish explorers discover OTL Georgia upland gold deposits" and focusing on that alone. No ASB elements there I think, and it makes for a pretty weak and uninspiring extension of Spanish reach, not very far, not very deep, and doomed to fall to the British eventually I suppose. Mainly because of the lack of ATL intensive Atlantic coastal civilization complexes to piggy-back on in classic Empire of the Indies style; the Spanish having to import the labor to dig the mines puts a damper on it, leaves it desultory and marginal, surviving as long as it does mainly because of slow English/British expansion to the north and a later British interest in piggybacking on established Spanish colony trade rather than seizing them wholesale--which I suppose they still do by the second half of the 18th century; the point being even a weak, minimally developed claim can hold that long, but then lack the sort of solidity say Cuba or Mexico had to deter casual land grabbing.

Then I went off on a not very Spanish centered extrapolation of USA versus two BNA centers, the Florida one being pretty gigantic in potential versus OTL Canada. (Complimentary though; both British zones can trade unique products to the other, overall though the ATL British Floridas have vastly more potential and will probably siphon off settlers who OTL emigrated to Canada, to Australia and New Zealand, South Africa and also to the USA. If slavery is gone (though probably not versions of American racism in both the rump USA and British Floridas)by the mid-19th century we probably have a somewhat rosier balance in humanitarian terms--can't say I love the boxing in of the USA but I think any major breakout west of the Mississippi is unlikely between those two British holdings and British ambitions to secure Pacific coast colonies as well. I would doubt the British are keenly interested in seizing Mexico in general and might well leave all of the OTL maximal recognized Spanish claims to some combination of direct Spanish rule and successor state Mexican rule--or anyway limit themselves, as in South America, to patronizing schismatic strong man caudillo states where they enjoy privileged access to investment markets. Maybe California and Russian-Alaskan gold rushes will change their minds regarding those two zones, but I'd think by mid to late 19th century they'd just rely on indirect rule. But these sorts of interests are what deters the sandwiched Yankees from doing anything drastic, and settling for a truncated version of what was won from Britain at the peace negotiations in the early 1780s--by the time the limited USA could reasonably hope to prevail in taking either the northern dominions or the southern, key US and British interests would be so intertwined as to discourage either side from getting feisty with the other; even a USA limited to a quarter or less our OTL sprawl would be a major player by the 20th century, and tend to overshadow the combination of ATL Canada and the British Floridas put together, though by a slim margin, with the latter especially having some great advantages. Even if 1890s Yankees get imperial fever and try to pick up low lying fruit, we'd be blocked from the Pacific and African colonies would be not so attractive I think. A major variable I did not get into is WI British Floridas go secessionist themselves, and one reason not to go there is that the most pressure on them to do so would be over the slavery issue, which would come to a head quite soon after the Loyalist settlement there, which traps the Anglo-Floridians in an ideological dilemma that might be best resolved by rolling with Parliamentary directives. That saves me from considering some very ugly possibilities of an ATL kind of Dixie slavocracy nation with no restraints internally.

Anyway as noted all this late 18th century on family quarrel among English speakers has little to do with the Spanish legacy, largely paved over into the deep infrastructure of regional common law, and that overriden by Anglo preferences wherever British settlers find it inconvenient.

For a strong persistent Hispanophone society, we need at least the agricultural POD I think. Going farther with ATL metal/gems is ASB indeed by all the site rules.