Is the United States still Eurocentric without or avoiding WW1.

I often notice American views of Europe is much more hostile or isolationist until ww1. With the exception of some immigrant groups, many Americans seemed to view Europe like modern Russia views Western Europe or the EU. It only seems to be the world wars that makes American rekindle with Britain and the European identity. Without this does the US still goes towards a Eurocentric outlook or a more regional base outlook? Could a US hostile towards “western or European influence and culture” become a thing?

I'd say so. I'd think that without American participation in the WWs, the Americans would see themselves as being better than the warring Europeans. They wouldn't be hostile though, but more indifferent. Most Americans, as many do today, wouldn't even think of Europe at all, so for them to be actively hostile is unlikely, aside from some minor feeling so superiority. You'll still have your American Euro-philes of a type, but I doubt it really be more or less than in real life.

I'd say so. I'd think that without American participation in the WWs, the Americans would see themselves as being better than the warring Europeans. They wouldn't be hostile though, but more indifferent. Most Americans, as many do today, wouldn't even think of Europe at all, so for them to be actively hostile is unlikely, aside from some minor feeling so superiority. You'll still have your American Euro-philes of a type, but I doubt it really be more or less than in real life.
I could see that being the view of government and most average Americans but could the immigrant population create issues with this as time passes and travel is easier? They are probably less assimilated in this pod. Couldn’t it be a situation where the American people causes more issues with Europeans then the other way around? Would the US have to worry about young men volunteering and fighting in various European conflicts? If Irish American are joining the IRA and bringing weapons from the US to British Ireland couldn’t that lead to issues? Or Americans taking part in revolutions in Europe? Doesn’t the government have to worry about its population who is more tied to Europe pissing off European powers more so then themselves?

The US got rid of their Royals in 1776 and have been trying to get them back ever since. Look at all the daughters of rich industrialists married off to poor European nobility at the turn of the century.

Look at what Americans were reading. Think of modern China's approach to copyrighted material then realise that is how the US behaved to the point some European authors refused to sell there.

Which city of lights was where any self respecting artist went to get street cred? Why did any musical artist who did well go on a tour of Europe. Preferably a tour of European royalty.

Germany was the at the centre of physics research to the point German was the lingua franca and Germany the world capital of chemistry.

The cultural power of Europe was huge and would remain huge. It is hard to see that changing.

The US got rid of their Royals in 1776 and have been trying to get them back ever since. Look at all the daughters of rich industrialists married off to poor European nobility at the turn of the century.

Look at what Americans were reading. Think of modern China's approach to copyrighted material then realise that is how the US behaved to the point some European authors refused to sell there.

Which city of lights was where any self respecting artist went to get street cred? Why did any musical artist who did well go on a tour of Europe. Preferably a tour of European royalty.

Germany was the at the centre of physics research to the point German was the lingua franca and Germany the world capital of chemistry.

The cultural power of Europe was huge and would remain huge. It is hard to see that changing.
That first comment is more New England and a lesser extent New York especially if your talking about the upper classes like industrialists. New England stayed much more connected to Britain and Anglo culture then the rest of the country. I would consider New England Britain more liberal(in classical sense not modern) child. A lot of their culture mimics British bourgeoisie and Victorian values. Also heavy influence by British enlightenment thinking. New England was considered “east coast elites” or looked at the same way many Americans now look at California. New England also had much stronger trade and economic ties to Britain. It’s one of the reasons they industrialized first in the US. Boston Brahmin families married into noble British families for the same reason middle class Brits did. It gives them more political and economic influence and it also gives the family a bit of prestige. It’s much easier to do business on both sides of the ocean when you have family and citizenship in both. If you look at every president during world wars you will notice they are either industrialist Brahmin families or have ties to New England. Roosevelts and Wilson both had ties to that region or group.

The rest of the country drifted much further from Anglo culture especially since many had much more heavy early Celtic(Protestant Scots and Irish) influences and roots like the south. Besides people less separated Europe, rest of the country cares little about Europe. The old money families in the south either stayed to themselves or connected themselves to Brahmin families. They didn’t associate with Europe as much. The south kind of saw themselves and American as its own thing. You will notice southern politicians and leaders are usually more focused towards the Americas and Far East more so then New Englanders. Regional and ethnic differences could be important here

It literally did in real life. None of these things are really a thing anymore. Mostly because of the World Wars, which are not stated to not have happened in the OP.

It literally did in real life. None of these things are really a thing anymore. Mostly because of the World Wars, which are not stated to not have happened in the OP.
The world wars can happen but the US has to stay neutral in them. You can either do a pod where the US is neutral in them. Or to be a bit lenient you can have them in a World War but it has to be at least the 40s when the US joins. I just go with the no world war pods because I find them to be the most interesting and I prefer them. You can pick any pod or idea you want within these bonds for this as long as you explain it well.

That first comment is more New England and a lesser extent New York especially if your talking about the upper classes like industrialists. New England stayed much more connected to Britain and Anglo culture then the rest of the country. I would consider New England Britain more liberal(in classical sense not modern) child. A lot of their culture mimics British bourgeoisie and Victorian values. Also heavy influence by British enlightenment thinking. New England was considered “east coast elites” or looked at the same way many Americans now look at California. New England also had much stronger trade and economic ties to Britain. It’s one of the reasons they industrialized first in the US. Boston Brahmin families married into noble British families for the same reason middle class Brits did. It gives them more political and economic influence and it also gives the family a bit of prestige. It’s much easier to do business on both sides of the ocean when you have family and citizenship in both. If you look at every president during world wars you will notice they are either industrialist Brahmin families or have ties to New England. Roosevelts and Wilson both had ties to that region or group.

The rest of the country drifted much further from Anglo culture especially since many had much more heavy early Celtic(Protestant Scots and Irish) influences and roots like the south. Besides people less separated Europe, rest of the country cares little about Europe. The old money families in the south either stayed to themselves or connected themselves to Brahmin families. They didn’t associate with Europe as much. The south kind of saw themselves and American as its own thing. You will notice southern politicians and leaders are usually more focused towards the Americas and Far East more so then New Englanders. Regional and ethnic differences could be important here

Orwell speculates in his essay Riding Down From Bangor that the reason the literature of New England remained popular in the UK was that it represented the last gasp of a cultural style that had already died out across the Atlantic.