Is it possible to get a American Tojo Hideki?

well, I almost made an American Fidel Castro thread but then I realized it's already taken by someone else.
so Is it possible for Tojo Hideki from Japan to be an American?

Tojo separates from the IJA (by backing the wrong senior officer who falls out of favor?) and in a huff, moves to California and opens a dry goods store despite his OTL sour grapes over the Treaty of Portsmouth.

Last edited:
well, I almost made an American Fidel Castro thread but then I realized it's already taken by someone else.
so Is it possible for Tojo Hideki from Japan to be an American?

For the start, his translated name would be Timber Tojo. Maybe his family moves to the USA before he is born for some reason.

When you say an 'American Hideki Tojo' do you mean a Tojo-esque figure rising to power in the United States, or literally the same person moving to the United States at some point?

This is pretty interesting. Here is my take.

Hideki Tojo could instead be "Hank Tojo" or "Harry Tojo"... a Japanese American Nisei, who follows into an illustrious military career in the United States Army, rising through the ranks while fighting against racism to prove himself as an American. His parents decide to move to America and Tojo is born in the United States in the West Coast (likely Hawaii or California). I imagine American Tojo could end becoming one of the early Asians to graduate from West Point (alongside Vicente Lim). Tojo then fights in WW1 being one of the few Asian-Americans to see action in the Western Front serving with distinction. In the interwar period, Tojo continues to rise in ranks of the U.S Military while fighting against racism to prove himself. WW2 breaks out and Tojo becomes a Major or perhaps Lt. Col in the 442nd Infantry Regiment, being one of the highest ranking officers in the regiment and fights in WW2. At the end of the war, Tojo is reassigned to the Occupation of Japan, given a responsibility in it... If he does not die on OTL 1948, then he could end becoming an Asian-American politician, like Daniel Inouye, perhaps he rise even further to attaining a cabinet level position in the Federal Government, perhaps he could run for president and become the first minority president... The possibilities are big if he is born in the United States.

In the end, Tojo would also being a figure amongst the Asian-American community and I imagine his life and struggles especially in his memoirus and in history books would reflect the Asian-American struggle of living in the United States.

This is pretty interesting. Here is my take.

Hideki Tojo could instead be "Hank Tojo" or "Harry Tojo"... a Japanese American Nisei, who follows into an illustrious military career in the United States Army, rising through the ranks while fighting against racism to prove himself as an American. His parents decide to move to America and Tojo is born in the United States in the West Coast (likely Hawaii or California). I imagine American Tojo could end becoming one of the early Asians to graduate from West Point (alongside Vicente Lim). Tojo then fights in WW1 being one of the few Asian-Americans to see action in the Western Front serving with distinction. In the interwar period, Tojo continues to rise in ranks of the U.S Military while fighting against racism to prove himself. WW2 breaks out and Tojo becomes a Major or perhaps Lt. Col in the 442nd Infantry Regiment, being one of the highest ranking officers in the regiment and fights in WW2. At the end of the war, Tojo is reassigned to the Occupation of Japan, given a responsibility in it... If he does not die on OTL 1948, then he could end becoming an Asian-American politician, like Daniel Inouye, perhaps he rise even further to attaining a cabinet level position in the Federal Government, perhaps he could run for president and become the first minority president... The possibilities are big if he is born in the United States.

In the end, Tojo would also being a figure amongst the Asian-American community and I imagine his life and struggles especially in his memoirus and in history books would reflect the Asian-American struggle of living in the United States.
Well, I like this sound of this. can you suggest me a timeline idea? thanks in advance.

Well, I like this sound of this. can you suggest me a timeline idea? thanks in advance.
"President Tojo".... Tojo a Veteran of two world wars, becomes the first ever Asian-American of Japanese descent and POC president sometime between the 1960s - 1970s (?).

I think you can take a lot of routes with an American Tojo. I would suggest looking up on Asian-American studies including cultural studies of other minorities (Latin Americans, African-Americans etc) if you are going to write an alt hist if Tojo is a Japanese American. Feel free to contact me more through PM if you wish to talk more about it. 👍

"President Tojo".... Tojo a Veteran of two world wars, becomes the first ever Asian-American of Japanese descent and POC president sometime between the 1960s - 1970s (?).

I think you can take a lot of routes with an American Tojo. I would suggest looking up on Asian-American studies including cultural studies of other minorities (Latin Americans, African-Americans etc) if you are going to write an alt hist if Tojo is a Japanese American. Feel free to contact me more through PM if you wish to talk more about it. 👍
Alrighty. I can write a PM with you as you can write a Collaboration Timeline, ok?