Is anyone else having problems with copying from Word documents.

Discussion in 'Help and Rules' started by allanpcameron, Sep 28, 2017.

1. allanpcameron CMII awarded 19 December 2016 Donor

Each time I've been copying and pasting from my word document, I have to do some editing in terms of font and size and spacing. But over the last wee while when it is posted it has something like this where I've moved paragraphs:

[SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][FONT=Georgia][SIZE=4][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Georgia][/FONT][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=Georgia][/FONT]

This doesn't appear in the preview, but does once its posted, which means that I then have to go back and edit the post, removing all these bits.

What am I doing wrong, or how can I fix it, without having to manually fix it every time?
    Allan

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  2. Pkmatrix Godzilla Fanboy Monthly Donor

Hm...

Well, personally, I usually avoid directly copying from Word or Google Docs onto the Forum specifically because of weird formatting issues like this. It's usually for the best to copy into something like Notepad to erase all the formatting, then manually redo it before posting (at least IMO).

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  3. allanpcameron CMII awarded 19 December 2016 Donor

Thanks, but that doesn't explain why this is happening recently, when it didn't happen previously.
    Allan

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  4. allanpcameron CMII awarded 19 December 2016 Donor

This is still a problem. Which is making me a bit annoyed at having to have to edit, post, then edit the post again. Really, am I the only one struggling with this?

5. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Only issue I've seen is additional spacing after paragraphs.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  6. TC9078 Empire

Italics and such don't transfer over for me, personally, in addition to that.

7. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

Haven't seen that. I was dreading it, considering how often I have warship names in my stuff.

Guess I'll have to keep my fingers crossed.

Ddmkm122 likes this.
  8. allanpcameron CMII awarded 19 December 2016 Donor

I haven't edited the latest post where this is a problem. Am I missing something. It is happening when I reset the paragraphs. It doesn't show up until it is posted.
    Allan

9. Gannt the chartist Well-Known Member

Just tried resetting and reformatting a fairly complicated thing from word 16, created in another version, format, bold, italic, indent blah blah blah

No issues came out with just the additional para

only thing I can think of is something with the way you have word set up at start and thats grasping at straws

10. CalBear Your Ursus arctos californicus Moderator Moderator Donor

I figured out the paragraph issue. The default in Word, for whatever reason was showing here as a double double space (i.e. 4x space).

I changed the default as the last post seemed okay.

Ddmkm122 likes this.