Ireland Challenge (semi-serious)

Tongue in cheek, Irish settlers go to South America, they colonise a large chunk of Argentina (they did arrive in large numbers in RL) the whole Falklands thing happens early 20th century, Argentina wins, becomes most powerful state in SA, decide to free the mother country, invade, the Brits are busy with WW1, Ireland liberated, union with Argentina, side with the Germans, WW1 ends in pretty much stalemate,
Brit's don't loose but don't win either, New Hibernian union decides that some land aquistion of it's own is in order, takes Uraguay, part's of Chile, Peru ect, weakend UK Scotland decides on independence, large numbers of Irish/Scots want union, ethnically cleanse Scotland, union, now named the Gaelic union, war with Colombia, union wins annexes the country, Brazil signs non aggression pact, large art's of Canada with dominient Irish/Scots populations vote to leave and join union, non aggresion and friendship pact with the US, encourage insurrection in Australia and NZ, GU attempts first manned moon landing, pilot drunk ship crashes, pilot refuses to be breathalized, insurence on ship null and void, many people annoyed, GU invades rump English state, resistence collapses due to the huge amount of Irish and Scottish people keeping the construction industry and pubs going refuse to work and join in an insurrection, the World desends into 1000 years of peace and contentment under the benevolent rule of the Celts.....:D

If you REALLY want Irish power...

See if any of Patricial Kennealy's "Keltiad" series are around. As an Earth Ship starts probing stars FAR away, they run into a mighty starship--with a crew that speaks Gaelic..and came from Earth...

MrP

Banned
You suck even as a joke thats insensitive

It's insensitive to suggest teasingly that a large number of people worldwide claim to be Irish, despite never having visited Ireland, never having met anyone Irish, having about as much Irish blood as most of the "Hated English," and despite having so little connection to Ireland that just about all they can associate with it is Guinness and Jameson's? Right. :D

67th Tigers

Banned
Ha apparently you all have not realized it yet, but there is a an Irish Empire that rules the world. Its called the US of A.

The one with an English American president?

Incidently, P, the average Englishman is 1/10th Irish (although by genes the average Irishman is 1/2 English), the average American is 1/33rd Irish...

Well, my mothers maiden name is Ramsey, so I think I cam accurately claim some Irish ancestry without being too much of a poesuer...
Besides, the Irish rock!

As I believe I said to one of my Irish friends once when we were discussing Irish Americans

"Hell, my gran was Irish. That means if I was American I'd be Irish!" :D

I'm English btw

Well on my [maternal] grandmother's side, her maiden name was "Conley". We don't know if the family was originally from Cork or Galway - I'm thinking Cork.

Then again, there's also a bit of Welsh in there - there are actually people in the geneaology with the last name of "Davies", and one of them was a Freemason.

Rocano

Banned
It's insensitive to suggest teasingly that a large number of people worldwide claim to be Irish, despite never having visited Ireland, never having met anyone Irish, having about as much Irish blood as most of the "Hated English," and despite having so little connection to Ireland that just about all they can associate with it is Guinness and Jameson's? Right. :D
Heah i dont know if that was meant for me but i go to Ireland alot

Ha apparently you all have not realized it yet, but there is a an Irish Empire that rules the world. Its called the US of A.

More like Anglo-German Empire.

attachment.php

Soon it will be a German American Female president but america will always have an Irish heart.

I wouldn't call Hilary German American. At least one of her grandparents is British.
And German Americans are a lot cooler then Irish Americans and don't moan on about it all the time :p

We ah...wiped out the original inhabitents to a large degree:eek:

Linguistically, you mean. "Wiped out" rather suggests ethnic cleansing, and I don't think there's any evidence to suggest that.

As far as anyone can tell, the Dalriada aristocracy effectively took over the main power centres of the Picts, probably peacefully, which would suggest some Picts remaining in positions of power. Then over a couple of centuries, Q-Celtic Scots replaced P-Celtic Pictish as the language of court and commerce.

This thread is incredible!

People falling over themselves to claim Irishness!

My Mum is Irish, (and my Dad half-Irish) and I used to live there, yet if anyone calls me Irish, I feel the urge to hit them :mad: