Iraq monarchy survives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this go hand in hand with discussions about Farouk staying King of Egypt?

Avoiding Suez and thus having the British withdrawal from the Mid East be less abrupt and chaotic would be a big help yes. OTL there just wasn't enough time between 'we don't like Britain, but can't really kick them and their puppets out due to the power balance' and 'there's nothing stopping us' for the Iraqi monarchy to make any sort of adjustments that could have saved the throne.

What if the Iraqi Monarchy survived today.

I think honestly King Faisal the II is a really great king. But if he did die. I am wondering. If he had a son probably named Prince Faisal the III about to be the new king. But if Faisal the III existed. I think he would make a large army to Destroy the Kingdom of Levant, and possibly The Imperial State of Iran. and also i think maybe After that he would be assassinated in 1988 and probably make the new heir to the throne Prince Ganhzi the II, which may have been the ruler of Iraq for only a few months in 1988 before also getting assassinated.

Avoiding Suez and thus having the British withdrawal from the Mid East be less abrupt and chaotic would be a big help yes. OTL there just wasn't enough time between 'we don't like Britain, but can't really kick them and their puppets out due to the power balance' and 'there's nothing stopping us' for the Iraqi monarchy to make any sort of adjustments that could have saved the throne.
Wait what. Didn't Farouk Get overthrown in 1953. THATS LIKE 4 YEARS OVER BEFORE FAISAL THE II WAS KILLED

Honestly. Why did Jordan and Kingdom of Iraq at the time merge. I mean literally during the time, Jordan's ruling Dynasty was the Hashemites. But the Hashemites was also the leader of Kingdom of Iraq. If it did happen i think it could have been named, The United Hashemite Kingdoms of Iraq and Jordan.

Status
Not open for further replies.