Instead of amalgamation with Northern Nigeria, Southern Nigeria and Lagos form Goldiesia in 1914

Protectorate of Southern Nigeria and Lagos Colony are merged to form a new white-minority ruled dominion called Goldiesia after George Dashwood Taubman Goldie (1846-1925) in 1914 instead of merging with Northern Nigeria to form a protectorate of Nigeria, how much European immigrants could Goldiesia attract until 1960? More or less than 10,000? When will it transform into majority rule and could it change its name from Federation of Goldiesia and Lagos to Federation of Biafra-Goldiesia under majority rule (like Zimbabwe Rhodesia)? Would Port Harcourt or Lagos be formed as a Federal Capital Territory?

It is interesting to get more colonial states randomly named after some dude. Actually is Rhodesia the only country, colonial or not, to do that? Especially when the guy wasn't even the direct ruler or discoverer.

It is interesting to get more colonial states randomly named after some dude. Actually is Rhodesia the only country, colonial or not, to do that? Especially when the guy wasn't even the direct ruler or discoverer.

Upingtonia, a boer republic was named after a premier of the Cape colony to get his support via flattery. Then there are Bolivia and Columbia of course. I've invented Barretia and Quirosia too

I guess I phrased it poorly because Rhodes and Goldie, being administrators, were actually direct rulers. I was thinking of Georgia and the Carolinas as non-examples because they were named after reigning monarchs and were never actually countries.

Most improbable. Unlike Rhodesia, South Africa or the Kenyan uplands or even Uganda, Southern Nigeria had tropical heat and very high mortality and sickness rates. West Africa was seen as a hardship posting and most merchants and colonial administrators did not bring their families there. It was seen at the time as not being "white man's country" and as many responsibilities as possible were devolved to "loyal" Africans and people of mixed race who were felt to be able to stand the climate and local diseases better. Having Nigeria gain independence as two (or more) separate states is highly plausible, only needs two or three administrative decisions to be taken differently . A white settler republic or self-governing Imperial territory is virtually impossible.