Infinity Wanderers magazine

Grey Wolf

Donor
Re-using the name of my old website from 20-23 years ago, a new magazine has been launched, titled INFINITY WANDERERS

www.infinitywanderers.com
is the main home for it, currently redirecting to a sub-domain of the Scimitar Edge imprint

Infinity Wanderers is a new magazine publication, aiming at being half alternate history and associated genres, and half real history, with travel and biography. In addition it supports an element of poetry, art, and review.

Issue 1 has a lead story 'The Nostalgia Machine' by Hannah Hoare, an interview with author Christopher P. Mooney, history article Under Six Flags by L.G. Parker, poetry from Ron Torrence, and Simon R. Gladdish, stories 'Stalin's Bunker'; by John F. Keane, 'Galatea' by Anselmo J. Alliegro, 'Barbarella and Kenton' by Rusty Gladdish, 'Mr Capone Was Our Milkman' by Christopher P. Mooney, 'The Bullet' by K.M. Mohr and 'Inside The Pale' by Robert Wexelblatt. Further history articles come, posthumously, from Brian G. Davies with 'Memories of Kings School, Ely, in the Wartime 1940s' and from Jon N. Davies with 'William Gough, Captain, Royal Navy', a biographical study of the man who was Byng's 1st lieutenant on the Ramillies at Minorca.

Book reviews and adverts complete the magazine.

Buy Infinity Wanderers #1

Paperback
Amazon.Com - www.amazon.com/dp/B09Y1X1RPJ
Amazon.Co.UK - www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09Y1X1RPJ
Amazon Canada - www.amazon.ca/dp/B09Y1X1RPJ

Kindle and Epub editions will be sorted out next week
iw-logo.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Grey Wolf

Donor
Just wanted to pop in and congratulate you on an absolutely fabulous cover!
Thank you!

This is the full cover

small if 1.jpg

Violett who did it is EXCELLENT at taking my vague explanations of what I wanted and turning it into something magnificent!

Grey Wolf

Donor
The Kindle version is now available at

Having a problem with the epub as Draft2Digital won't allow us to choose BISAC codes for both fiction and non-fiction, even though that is more or less the point of the magazine!

Grey Wolf

Donor
Issue 2 is taking submissions to editor@scimitaredge.com

Issue 1 of Infinity Wanderers out across all platforms. The sales links are:-
1) Print via Amazon

2) Kindle via Amazon

3) On epub sites

Grey Wolf

Donor
Whilst we are propagating issue 1, issue 2 is taking submissions editor@sciimtaredge.com

* Alternate History
* Science Fiction
* Urban Fantasy
* Philosophical Fantasy
* Historical Fiction
* History
* Biography
* Travel
* Reviews

All are welcome. Issue 2 is planned for release in July 2022

If anyone has anything for issue 2 it would be very welcome. We've got the major columns done but there is space for up to half a dozen stories, or narratives, etc

Email editor@scimitaredge.com or DM me

Thanks
Grey Wolf
I see a July 2022 publication date, so assume there is a hard deadline coming up for those submissions?

I'm not sure if I have anything thematically appropriate, but I'll have a look through my files.

Grey Wolf

Donor
I see a July 2022 publication date, so assume there is a hard deadline coming up for those submissions?

I'm not sure if I have anything thematically appropriate, but I'll have a look through my files.
Thank You

July 14th is the deadline. After that drafts will be sent out for checking, without any new additions.

Would be nice to have something from your illustrious self

Grey Wolf

Donor

Hi, the absolute deadline is 20th July now if you do have something you would like to see in Infinity Wanderers 2

I'm in Aberystwyth most of next week, but will be working on the file in the evening ready for a 23rd July publication

THANKS AGAIN
Jon

Grey Wolf

Donor
Issue 3 of Infinity Wanderers is now live

Buy Infinity Wanderers #3

Paperback
Amazon.Com - www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHL5X6BL
Amazon.Co.UK - www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BHL5X6BL

Ebook Versions
Kindle at Amazon.com - www.amazon.com/dp/B0BHPTGH82
Kindle at Amazon.co.uk - www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BHPTGH82
Epub Retailers - https://books2read.com/u/3kYBlK

Issue 3 of Infinity Wanderers magazine has a lead story by Haley Receveur 'Alea Abiecerat' and additional fiction from Rusty Gladdish with 'Damage Remedy', Ralph Greco with 'Julie Haversmith Calls the Clone Inc Hotline' and 'The Wind Talker Sets Saik', Matthew Spence with 'The Hotel Detective', Alfred Shou with "Is This..." and Grey Wolf with the first part of 'A Dream of Empire'. Poetry comes from Linda M Crate and Simon Gladdish, whilst L.G. Parker's column Small Causes looks at Kokoda. He also contributes 'Life Lived Large', a historical overview of some larger than life figures. The late Brian G. Davies has his 2009 travel article 'A Yorkshire Odyssey' published, as the places and experiences remain as fresh today as they were then. Jon N Davies continues his history of the Goughs of Ynynscedwyn with his article on the Reverend James Gough Aubrey. Genealogical articles on 'A Story From a Photograph', Family History Short, and a One Place Study (Part 1 of 2 Juniper) complete the
main features of the magazine.

infinity-wanderers-issue-3.jpg

Last edited:

Grey Wolf

Donor
Issue 4 of Infinity Wanderers www.infinitywanderers.com
will be the Christmas, New Year and one year anniversary of my dad's death issue

I aim for it to be around 200 pages and am inviting anyone to submit
I would love it to have the special feel that issue 4 of Innovate had in 2014

We have a special cover from Robin Stacey
Final deadline is 8th December
Email editor@scimitaredge.com

Grey Wolf

Donor
Issue 4 of Infinity Wanderers is now becoming live

Issue of 4 of Infinity Wanderers is the first Christmas and New Year special. The lead story is Night Mare in Coal Country by Paul Leone. Other stories carried are: I Am The Night by Alex Shalenko; You Can't Cheat an Honest Man by M. L. Williams, Alea Abiecerat Part 2 by Haley Receveur; The White City and The Black Tram by Sonya Kudei; A Dream of Empire part 2 by Grey Wolf; and The Smiling Tiger parts 1 and 2 by Rusty Gladdish.

Issue 4's poetry comes from Luke Dylan Ramsey with poetry from The Library, from Simon Gladdish, and the seasonal 'Christmas' from the late Brian G. Davies.

Infinity Wanderers is dedicated to publishing history and genealogy in a similar measure to the fiction and poetry it prides itself on. The articles in issue 4 are:
Urban Warfare Part 1 - Stalingrad by L.G. Parker;
One Place Study: 2 Juniper, the Early Interior;
Singapore: The Lion City by the late Brian G. Davies;
Caleb of Cennan with His Pet Rabbit by Hilary Bryanston;
Hezekiah Fleming and His Family by Jon N. Davies;
and Small Causes 3 - Pearl Harbour and Midway by L.G. Parker.

infinity-wanderers-4.jpg

Paperback
Amazon.Com - www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPV78WRS
Amazon.Co.UK - www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BPV78WRS
Amazon Canada - www.amazon.ca/dp/B0BPV78WRS

Kindle
Amazon.Com - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BPV78WRS
Amazon.Co.Uk - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BPV78WRS

Epubs *(all links listed at this URL)

Last edited:

Grey Wolf

Donor
Having trouble getting the contributor issues uploaded as my new mobile dongle refuses to connect to FTP and they are too big for pub wifi which is just cutting them off. Will sort something out when my brain finally resets after the meds do their work on this chest infection

Grey Wolf

Donor
The base image for issue 5, the SPRING 2023 edition, has been created. It is hoped that Robin Stacey will be able to continue to build on the theme throughout 2023. Here you see an ancient Greek scene, with added daffodils, symbolising the coming of Spring

fgmlZbg1.jpg

mspence

Banned
Hope you are feeling better
I have another submission idea if you are interested & still open for submissions