India Subdivision Flag Project

like with my "Chinese Provincial Flag Request", I request help with the following:

Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Andhra Pradesh
Arunachal Pradesh
Assam
Bihar
Chhattisgarh
Delhi
Goa
Gujarat
Haryana
Himachal Pradesh
Jharkhand
Karnataka
Kerala
Madhya Pradesh
Maharashtra
Manipur
Meghalaya
Mizoram
Nagaland
Orissa
Punjab
Rajasthan
Tamil Nadu
Tripura
Uttarakhand
Uttar Pradesh
West Bengal

Bold = Most needed

For Ideas:
Vexilla Mundi's India Page does have some unofficial/secessionist flags and some governmental flags (seal on white) for some of them but not all.

Last edited:
For Chhattisgarh, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, and Tamil Nadu you should just use the flags on Vexilla Mundi. They're all solid designs.

That site's design for Kerala is also good, but if you want a different flag you could use the flag of the Kerala Congress

For Arunachal Pradesh, I made a design based on their seal.

CGPu8.png

And here's one for Andhra Pradesh. Green, white, red, and gold are the four colours featured in their seal. The four stripe design also bears a resemblance to a Telegana separatist flag.

7uRnU.png

Can I at least get help with East Punjab (non-religious please), West Bengal, and Nation Capital Territory of Delhi;

Also I found a flag for Gujarat made by Thoughtless Miscreant
gujaratap4.png

Last edited:
Here's an attempt at Punjab. The colors represent the long, bicultural history of the province, with green representing the lush, Dravidian-inhabited Indian lands and the red representing the Aryans and their religious influences on the subcontinent. The text is Punjabi for "Punjab."

Punjab.png

Tripura's flag. As the state is small and borders Bangladesh, the cultural proximity has given the flag a similar design.

Tripura.png

Could you please remove the provinces which no longer need flags? It's becoming a pain to hit Ctrl+F so frequently. Also, Assam is completed. The tea leaf had to be drawn from scratch in Inkscape, and it still looks bad, but here you go. The tea leaf represents tea, and the colors are that of the Indian flag, to reiterate that the almost-exclave state is in fact Indian.

Assam.png

I cannot edit the 1st Post please see below and thanks agian

Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Bihar
Chhattisgarh
Goa
Haryana
Himachal Pradesh
Jharkhand
Karnataka
Kerala
Madhya Pradesh
Maharashtra
Manipur
Meghalaya
Mizoram
Nagaland
Orissa
Rajasthan
Tamil Nadu
Uttar Pradesh
Uttarakhand

Bold = Most needed/Top Priority

Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The green on blue represents the strip of land in the middle of the ocean that is the islands, and the stars represent the six major islands.

Andaman and Nicobar.png

Flag of Bihar. The swastika is taken directly from the state's seal, and is for that matter the reverse of the NSDAP insignia. The colors are also from the state seal, which represents the heritage of its people.

Bihar.png

Flag of Chhattisgarh. The colors are taken from the state emblem: the gold is a two stylized wheat crops representing cyclical agriculture, and the blood-red line represents the Mahanadi river, which is the lifeblood of the province. The gold stripes represent the mountains surrounding the province's fertile valley.

Chhattisgarh.png

Flag of Goa. The wavy stripes are taken from the field of the old Portuguese coat of arms, and represent sea trade as well as Portuguese heritage. The gold stripes represent the fortune the province's trade provides, as it is one of the wealthiest provinces of India.

Goa.png

Alternate Indian flags: AP,AR,AS
image.png

Andhra Pradesh
The base map is of the Vijaynagar empire, with the map of Andhra in black.

image.png

Arunachal Pradesh
The orange colour signifies striving. The sun/moon signify the major native religion of the state. The Foxtail Orchid is the states official flower.

image.png

Assam
The orange signifies Majority Hinduism and yellow as the official colour of Asom's people. In the right, Assam is written.