Independent Judicate of Arborea: where's the love?

the Judicate of arborea was an independent state on the island of sardinia that lasted several centuries before being conquered by the aragonese in the late 1400's. it was a very progressive state for its time and at times ruled almost the entire island. I think it could make a fascinating topic for an alternate history, which is why its so disappointing to me that aside from one TL apparently aborted before it even began, I have yet to see a single timeline with Arborea at the center. where's the love guys?

What's special about it? At least from the Wiki, it looks like a fairly standard independent duchy or county except with the title of 'judge'

When calling it progressive, are you referring to the Carta de Logu ? Or to the concept of consens to domination? Because while I find the Judicates interesting, they don't strike me as especially out of the norm for Italy.

I am sorry to say I never heard of this state Crazymachines. Will consult the copy I have of Will Durant’s great
HISTORY OF CIVILIZATION that covers this period to see if I can learn more about it- sounds intriguing.

I am sorry to say I never heard of this state Crazymachines. Will consult the copy I have of Will Durant’s great
HISTORY OF CIVILIZATION that covers this period to see if I can learn more about it- sounds intriguing.

I still have my beloved copy of the Durant books, but I wouldn't consider them useful history these days. So out of date!

I still have my beloved copy of the Durant books, but I wouldn't consider them useful history these days. So out of date!

Have they really becomeTHAT bad? I know many professional historians did not like Durant(the noted Brit-
ish historian J.H. Plumb in particular leveled a broadside against Will that was positively vicious)yet I not only
very much enjoyed his books for his fine writing; I also thought they served as excellent introductions to many areas of history. Then, once you gotten a grounding in the subject from Durant, you could go on to more specialized works. Is Durant not even good for this any more? (Besides, wouldn’t you just love to hear
Will comment on current events &, er, certain prominent people in high places?)