Independence Day: Offically Alternate History

There's all kinds of new technology used. Orbital cannons rotate around the planet for defense. There is a base on the moon for early defense and warning. Two more bases exist on Mars and another on Rhea, which is a moon of Saturn. All are part of Earth Space Defense.

The larger aliens which are running around are the taller of the species and also the leadership.

I wonder what Korea is like in the ID4 universe and also Israel. Both Seoul and Pyongyang were hit in the first attack. Too bad for all those monuments in Pyongyang and especially the Kim Il Sung Mausoleum. One would wonder how Netanyahu would cope with final Mideast peace. Osama Bin Laden was alive during the first attack and I guess Al Qaida would either be out of a job or become part of the new United Earth Military as commandos against the aliens? Any ideas and comments?

I wonder what Korea is like in the ID4 universe and also Israel. Both Seoul and Pyongyang were hit in the first attack. Too bad for all those monuments in Pyongyang and especially the Kim Il Sung Mausoleum. One would wonder how Netanyahu would cope with final Mideast peace. Osama Bin Laden was alive during the first attack and I guess Al Qaida would either be out of a job or become part of the new United Earth Military as commandos against the aliens? Any ideas and comments?

I have a feeling that the Earth is supposed to have become a world peace utopia. The survivors of Earth's various militaries have combined to form a common defense force for the nest upcoming alien invasion.

Korea is probably reunited in the new movie's timeline out of necessity. Not enough Koreans left to inhabit two separate countries. I would say the North Koreans probably fled into China and South Korea once Pyongyang was destroyed and the Dear Leader didn't stop the alien invasion. I can't see the North Koreans being that brainwashed that they would continue to man the border with giant Alien ships blowing everything up. Once the war is over I can't see the Kim regime restoring order. The Dear Leader is most likely dead.

Israel way exist more as a city state. Jewish Israelis would simply go back to living in fortified Kibbutz-style settlements. You may have a coalition government of Arabs and Jews running the nation. Old timers like Netanyahu would still talk about the old days of being on guard against the Arabs. I think secular Arabs would move to the new Israel but you would still have fundamentalists out there. Perhaps a ISIS style state exists in this ID4 universe. If Osama Bin Laden is alive then fundamentalist Arabs of his type will now be preaching that the alien war was punishment from God.

The new featurette about the Moon Tug shows the city destroyers from the first film had legs which they could use to land and allow entry onto the ground with. It looks like the claims of the books were true that once all significant resistance and lifeforms were wiped out, the aliens aboard the ships will exit out and colonize the planet for themselves.

The two hundred foot alien in the trailers is apparently the queen of the hive. She is in control of the entire species.

It would be nice to see what powered the city destroyers' primary weapon. Why did it cause a massive explosion just to be in contact with an object blocking it before it fired such as when Russell Casse sacrifices himself and flies into it over Area 51, totaling the ship.

My only guess is that perhaps the city destroyer is powered by anti-matter. Any contact with a material contact with the beam can cause a massive explosion on scale with a tactical nuclear weapon.

Last edited:
I note in both the released biographies, the trailers and the interviews with Sela Ward that they seem to be setting up President Lanford with a prominent role, and seemingly Whitmore with less of one beyond prophet.

I note in both the released biographies, the trailers and the interviews with Sela Ward that they seem to be setting up President Lanford with a prominent role, and seemingly Whitmore with less of one beyond prophet.

President Whitmore is probably going to die in this film.

I got the E-book for the Mid-quel Independence Day: Crucible. I am looking at the juicy bits for what happened to the main characters for ID4 and introducing to new and old characters in ID:R.

The African Congo nation that rejected ESD and UN help is the National Republic of Umbutu.

There is a running theme that every named character from ID4 to ID:R are orphaned or lose a loved one from the War of 1996 or later in life. Marilyn Whitmore being one example that affected Thomas and Patricia Whitmore.

Well Baghdad wasn't destroyed until the 2nd wave and Tripoli was part of the intercepted wave so in theory both could have survived. But then again they could have died in an alien attacker hit on a military installation they were hiding in or even fell victim to forces in their countries who were handed a chance to act against them ? One thing I think is the case is that if any of those pilots- in the scene which depicted where a group of surviving European ,Israeli and Arab fighter jets are gathering together -were Iraqi or Libyan then they were likely dead.
I don't think so; probably killed in that attack or in the base; the option just dissappeared; because all the other countires (USA and European) interested in getting rid of the so called dictadors would be more concerned in their own survival

Is the two hundred foot one the queen of the entire species or is that some sort of mech suit. In the trailers, all of the fighters swarm around it in a defensive posture. It implies to be a queen.

Independence Day: Silence Zone mentions much taller aliens being in control of others and a twenty foot one even appears at the end while searching for a second crashed fighter other than the one found in Roswell and kept at Area. It relocates the other ship in an ancient village in Mexico where the locals had been worshipping it as a divine being.

The aliens had been visiting Earth and abducting humans for decades before according to this novel. The Pentagon knew about this as far back as the 1970's and some of the scientists even suspected an invasion coming and tried to speak out against it.

I was thinking about the fighter that crashed at Roswell. How did a single fighter make it through deep space to Earth? They are docked in Destroyers and Motherships so there would have had to be one nearby for such a small craft to scout Earth.

I was thinking about the fighter that crashed at Roswell. How did a single fighter make it through deep space to Earth? They are docked in Destroyers and Motherships so there would have had to be one nearby for such a small craft to scout Earth.

The mothership was probably somewhere nearby. All of the fighters also have to be together in groups to power flight. The one found in Roswell and its twin that crashed in Mexico were both brought down by a nuclear test over the Pacific in 1948. At least according to Independence Day: Silent Zone.

For anyone interested, I am listening to the official audio novelisation of the new movie. The audio version has been released surprisingly early.

It's very interesting so far and we learn far more about the aliens this time around. It won't spoil it but from what I listening to I think the film will be very cool.

For anyone interested, I am listening to the official audio novelisation of the new movie. The audio version has been released surprisingly early.

It's very interesting so far and we learn far more about the aliens this time around. It won't spoil it but from what I listening to I think the film will be very cool.

Do we finally learn what the power source for the weapons from the city destroyers are? My has guess has always been dark matter, but I can't write that.

Do we finally learn what the power source for the weapons from the city destroyers are? My has guess has always been dark matter, but I can't write that.
I'm not sure. I was really tired and nodded off at one point but we do learn a lot more backstory about the aliens this time. Also, we're not the only intelligent species that have fought them. If I had to guess there will be a third movie where we (and maybe some new found friends) take the fight to them this time . I don't won't to get too spoilery though haha

Where did you come across this? From what I've seen it's not available until 06/21

The audiobook for this film released early in Europe. I can reveal all kinds of spoilers. I will simply say for now that there will not only be the invading aliens in this film from the first one and the reason they came in the first place was to acquire fuel for their ships. Having read ID4: Silent Zone this is strange because it shows the aliens eating instead deep into the mantle. If anyone wants to know more PM me.