Independence Day: Offically Alternate History

I'm curious but not curious enough to actually spend the money...

How did Julius survive the arrival of the Harvester? I assume he did, since he seems to show up at Area 51...

And how exactly was the president killed off this time around?
Julius survived barely when the Harvester caused a tsunami that pushed his boat a few miles inland. He then was picked up by some evacuating orphans and helped them get to Area 51.

The President was killed when the aliens straight up attacked Cheyenne Mountain, where she was (it's really anticlimactic). The former President Whitmore sacrificed himself to destroy the Alien Queen's ship once it was distracted by the decoy.

saw it last week on DVD. Special effects were spectacular, story wasn't bad, but it all just seemed a bit... off. And the humor all seemed to be forced and not all that humorous...

saw it last week on DVD. Special effects were spectacular, story wasn't bad, but it all just seemed a bit... off. And the humor all seemed to be forced and not all that humorous...

It needed a longer run time and either more developed or less characters

It would still be interesting to see a comprehensive timeline of this.

I agree. It would be interestng to see some Wikipedia infoboxes for this timeline as well. I would also be interested in learning of the cultural, political, and economic effects upon the United States in the first few years following the War of '96. Reconstruction would be interesting.

I agree. It would be interestng to see some Wikipedia infoboxes for this timeline as well. I would also be interested in learning of the cultural, political, and economic effects upon the United States in the first few years following the War of '96. Reconstruction would be interesting.

I actually would have enjoyed a movie about how we got to the beginning of the sequel than the sequel we actually got.

Deleted member 82792

How would people react to making an alliance with the aliens of the refugee planet?

A_H_nikky

Banned
How would people react to making an alliance with the aliens of the refugee planet?
So would likely react negatively as many humans would harbor a distrust and hatred of anything alien. But once it is firmly understood that these aliens are not the Harvesters it would be different.

So would likely react negatively as many humans would harbor a distrust and hatred of anything alien. But once it is firmly understood that these aliens are not the Harvesters it would be different.

A lot would depend on what these aliens were actually like - culturally and, I'm sorry, appearance wise. We are fickle creatures. Also they are bound to be traumatized by the near extinction of their species. They may not be that well adjusted themselves.

The South American ship doesn't make any sense
1st wave - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
2nd wave - São Paulo, Brazil
3rd wave - Buenos Aires, Argentina
Intercepted wave - Caracas ????
The most logical city was Santiago, Chile, or maybe Brasilia or Belo Horizonte, Brazil