Incredible map of Italy

When looking for something else, I stumbled over this site. Its presentation of 19th century European history is quite weak, but the maps really are the most remarkable part.

Behold one example:
pre_war_italy.jpg

What would it take to make this map correct, with PoD not earlier than 1848?

Buried for 10 millennia in a long forgotten crypt, mapthulu is arisen! To merely glance at it's crappy borders and blocky style is to risk madness!

That thrice-damned feeling of morbid curiosity took hold of me. Would that I had heeded your warnings! Instead, siezed by madness I ventured into the abyss, where I discovered...

interwar.jpg

That thrice-damned feeling of morbid curiosity took hold of me. Would that I had heeded your warnings! Instead, siezed by madness I ventured into the abyss, where I discovered...

interwar.jpg
My God, what did they do to you Poland?

Why is the Soviet Union covered in weird scabs?

And that Iraq, I mean, good lord, that Iraq...

Last edited:
Italy in its borders of 1946, Balearic Islands are one giant isle, Romania graciously gave part of its territory, Hungary finally preferred to not annex parts of Czechoslovakia that didn't took it back while still united, Soviet Union annexed Aaland Islands...

I think this map was drawn by a monkey.

decline_rome_germania.jpg

decline_rome_franks.jpg

early_dark_ages_3_frankish.jpg

I never heard maps begging for death before.

Deleted member 6086

modern_europe_ussr.jpg

Somehow I was not aware of the Czech and Slovak SSRs.

Edit: Oh, I think I understand, they're counting the Velvet Divorce as caused by the Soviet collapse. Still very open to misinterpretation.