Imperator: Rome

Faeelin

Banned
I am really curious how this game models Rome's expansion. Also what's with that map? Central spain is unknowable?

Have the devs said anything about an end date? Because part of me thinks some people will want to make a converter to add this to the list of PDox Mega Campaigns.

What's the betting that one of the achievements is "Pyrrhic Victory - conquer XYZ as Epirus"? ;)

Maybe another one is along the lines of "Comin' atcha - do X, Y and Z, as Cleopatra did"?

Have the devs said anything about an end date? Because part of me thinks some people will want to make a converter to add this to the list of PDox Mega Campaigns.
Either the end of the Republic (27 BC) or the death of Augustus (14 AD).

They mentioned the birth of the Roman Empire as an end date, so it might be 27 BC, when Augustus took power.

And preordered. :D

Something tells me this game is going to surpass CK2 as my most played Paradox game, considering this game takes place in my favorite historical peroid.

*ding ~ dong!* The Train now Arriving is the Hype Train for Imperator: Rome.

Is 303 BC a bit too late for Alexander the Great to appear in the main Campaign? If not then my Eye may look Towards Egypt or the Etruscans.

While this Game is an Immediate Buy for me it will probably End up Competing for my Attention as we're Hoping for new Kittens this Year, and if you find yourself Competing against Kittens you always lose if you ask me.

They deliberately set it after Alexander the Great. Well, alive Alexander. The Deluxe Edition has an event chain about claiming his body and building a mausoleum.

Is 303 BC a bit too late for Alexander the Great to appear in the main Campaign? If not then my Eye may look Towards Egypt or the Etruscans.

While this Game is an Immediate Buy for me it will probably End up Competing for my Attention as we're Hoping for new Kittens this Year, and if you find yourself Competing against Kittens you always lose if you ask me.

its set at the beginning of the Diadochi Wars. Also the map is freaking huge with so many countries.

Since you mentioned Italy, here is the map of Italy.

central%20italy%20political.png

I cannot believe how hyped I am for this game, I couldn't help but preorder it despite knowing that vanilla PDX games can sometimes be... underwhelming if you're used to their more matured and fleshed out titles. But they've shown so much already, and I'm looking forward to see how they build on the massive base game they're already giving us.

We now Know the Release Date for this Game ~ 25 April 2019. I will also be having a look at the latest Total War Game [Three Kingdoms] beforehand so it may be a while before I finally buy this...hail, Seizure! Oops, I mean Caesar!

If there were a Imperator: Rome - Crusader Kings II - Europa Universalis IV - Victoria II - Hearts of Iron IV Converter, then my Life would truly be complete.

What's everyone's plans for their first game of Imperator? I'm debating whether or not to play the cliche Rome or play someone who I haven't alrady watched gameplay for.

We now Know the Release Date for this Game ~ 25 April 2019. I will also be having a look at the latest Total War Game [Three Kingdoms] beforehand so it may be a while before I finally buy this...hail, Seizure! Oops, I mean Caesar!

If there were a Imperator: Rome - Crusader Kings II - Europa Universalis IV - Victoria II - Hearts of Iron IV Converter, then my Life would truly be complete.

You'd own most of the planet by the end of CK2. Would be boring.