Imperator: Rome

Beyond hyped. If I recall correctly, the map is labelled 450, and it appears that for whatever reason Paradox are sticking to AUC/AVC for dates just like the old EU Rome.

If Paradox can take some of what learned from CK2 and apply it to give more depth character/political aspect of the original EU:R this might be a case this might be a rare case where I don't wait for a game to go on sale to buy it.

I audibly gasped when I logged into the Paradox forums today and saw this. Suffice to say, I'm very excited for this to be released! The only thing I may have preferred was if it was set slightly later - say, around the height and fall of the Roman Empire - but I'm sure that there'll be a mod released soon after to extend the timeline to that time period, in a similar vein to When the World Stopped Making Sense for CK2. I also find it somewhat weird that they decided to include India but not China, as I'm pretty sure some interesting things were happening in China around this time as well (though I'm not as well versed in Chinese history). Again, though, there'll likely be mods adding in the rest of Eurasia once the game's released.

Grey Wolf

Donor
I audibly gasped when I logged into the Paradox forums today and saw this. Suffice to say, I'm very excited for this to be released! The only thing I may have preferred was if it was set slightly later - say, around the height and fall of the Roman Empire - but I'm sure that there'll be a mod released soon after to extend the timeline to that time period, in a similar vein to When the World Stopped Making Sense for CK2. I also find it somewhat weird that they decided to include India but not China, as I'm pretty sure some interesting things were happening in China around this time as well (though I'm not as well versed in Chinese history). Again, though, there'll likely be mods adding in the rest of Eurasia once the game's released.

Rome had direct contact with India, through seaborne trade, but not with China from anything I read, that mainly came by land through third parties

Can't wait to do a Celtic Greece run. I'm a massive Hellenist, but a Hellenic worshipping but Celtic creole people in modern day Greece to me would always be an interesting thing. I always like having alternate versions of Romanian's place in the Roman languages and a very Greek Celtic language would be interesting to me.

Beyond hyped. If I recall correctly, the map is labelled 450, and it appears that for whatever reason Paradox are sticking to AUC/AVC for dates just like the old EU Rome.
If I remember the reasons for using it in EU: Rome right, one of the reasons is because the engine does not play happy with negative dates.

I'm sorry, but this just looks gorgeous!

ss_39748aa8717393e50f4d16c7ff8bca5f96a255fa.1920x1080.jpg
ss_b33746aa02b2fda863bf09cf043da276d4872108.1920x1080.jpg
ss_f5270fcfb6add8fdb575db14488d4b2c2bcc06c0.1920x1080.jpg
ss_8b32a69cf8ce998426baed5a4a647053053ca25d.1920x1080.jpg
ss_9124af361cb473e498355a216142944ef3fd130e.1920x1080.jpg

Hype is in the air!!! :love:

Seriously, I so excited! It's seems like it's going to be this beautiful love child of EUIV, CK2, and Vic2 set in Antiquity. So pumped! :extremelyhappy:

It will be Samnite start for me. I cannot wait to play it. Start date is 303 bc (450 AVC)

Apparently the map itself is on a globe from what the demo attendees were saying today.

FhhKKJZr.jpg

I did laugh at Johans announcement of the game.
0g3b39eiesy01.jpg

Last edited:
Seems neat so far, really interested in the types of government available. Mechanically it looks a lot like a Vicky game, but with choice parts from their other lines, too.

Seems neat so far, really interested in the types of government available. Mechanically it looks a lot like a Vicky game, but with choice parts from their other lines, too.

Indeed. Johan is the lead designer on this new game and he was the lead designer for Vicky 2.

Someone divided up the regions seen in the map of Italy. So many regions...
9lGfbCv.jpg

I'll be able to play this only when I'll get a better laptop, but it looks epic so far; why are the Germanic tribes not represented though?

I'll be able to play this only when I'll get a better laptop, but it looks epic so far; why are the Germanic tribes not represented though?

Johan said at the demo the screenshot of the map they showed wasnt finished and they had actually added many of the Germanic tribes since then. Iberia wasnt finished either from those screenshots so it is still a work in progress

Johan said at the demo the screenshot of the map they showed wasnt finished and they had actually added many of the Germanic tribes since then. Iberia wasnt finished either from those screenshots so it is still a work in progress

Well, I already know what civilization I will pick, anyway. :p

rome.jpg