Imperator: Rome

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Avalon, May 19, 2018.

1. timmy_khagann Nomad of the Red Plains

Better address the gap between the end of IR and Charlemagne DLC first, wouldn't make sense to skip the Germanic Migrations and the Crisis of the Third Century now would it?

2. Halocon Bay Area Badhistorian

The former could partly be modeled with the When the World Stopped Making Sense mod for CK2, which has a 476 start date

The Tai-Pan likes this.
  3. timmy_khagann Nomad of the Red Plains

Still, there's the 500 years that cover the Dominate and Principate periods of Rome. Might need more mechanics than what we currently have to make a playthrough more engaging.

4. floyd22 Well-Known Member

Has anybody got a Map of the British Isles and the Middle East? I am curious to see just how far the Map of Imperator extends.

The most vital improvement for PURR ~ adox to take into consideration is the lack of Kittens in this Game!!! ;)

Maurya, Macedon, or Possibly a Celtic Tribal culture [I'm partly of ethnic Irish Ancestry on my Mother's side, thanks due to the Potato Famine.]

I don't think so ~ it would provide me with interesting Alternate History ideas for my new scenarios.

5. Zillian Well-Known Member

The Map of Imperator is based on Ptolemy's world map

[​IMG]

There is the ingame map of Imperator

[​IMG]

6. TheReal_McChicken Active Member

@Zillian basically yeah, except with real proportions. i could see someone making a mod where the map is actually ptolemy's map but It might break the balance of the game.

Historyman 14 likes this.
  7. floyd22 Well-Known Member

I wonder how long before the Modding Community turns its attention to this game, bearing in mind it was designed with the modding community in mind.

In my Alternate History Timeline, the Western Roman Empire survives up until 1860, and I am trying to think up some Names for the Caesars.

Is Imperator: Rome more similar to Europa Universalis: Rome or Crusader Kings II in terms of character management?

8. herkles Well-Known Member

I am already part of a modding team for a historical mod for Imperator :D

9. TheReal_McChicken Active Member

What is it?

10. herkles Well-Known Member

11. Evilprodigy Evil Overlord of NWCG Donor

This came out one day after the game.

[​IMG]

The mods will be amazing.

Damian0358, wolfhound817 and Gladsome like this.
  12. TC9078 Empire

Planetos?

13. Evilprodigy Evil Overlord of NWCG Donor

This is Middle Earth, but I would not be surprised if there is already a Game of Thrones mod in the works. Though I'm not sure if it can compete with the CK2 mod.

14. TC9078 Empire

No, I mean, tilt it to the left about 45 degrees and it looks like Planetos.

15. Evilprodigy Evil Overlord of NWCG Donor

I don't see it.

olavops likes this.
  16. herkles Well-Known Member

This weeks dev diary is out and it is talking about the major changes 1.1 is bringing to naval warfare and how each country's omens might be slightly different. Serapis will finally be able to provide for the people of Egypt! :p Also yesterday was a design chat that Johan did on the forums. Which gives us an insight into PDX and the future of Imperator. :)

17. Filo Count of Santa Lucia

Regno di Longobardia, Margraviato di Toscana.
    I like it, but for now it's pretty boring.