Imperator: Rome

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by Avalon, May 19, 2018.

1. Timaeus Βασιλεύς τῆς Ζωσῠνῐ́ᾱς

It's a pity I can't get to China. I want to play as Alexander the Great but end up in Korea because reasons.

Oh well. Jewish empire it is. :p

2. Faeelin Lord of Ten Thousand Years

I am really curious how this game models Rome's expansion. Also what's with that map? Central spain is unknowable?

3. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

The map is just unfinished. One of the devs mentioned they've added more Iberian and Germanic tribes since it was taken.

4. Yorel Well-Known Member

Have the devs said anything about an end date? Because part of me thinks some people will want to make a converter to add this to the list of PDox Mega Campaigns.

5. Analytical Engine Monarchist Collectivist Federalist

What's the betting that one of the achievements is "Pyrrhic Victory - conquer XYZ as Epirus"? ;)

Maybe another one is along the lines of "Comin' atcha - do X, Y and Z, as Cleopatra did"?

6. Avalon Well-Known Member

Either the end of the Republic (27 BC) or the death of Augustus (14 AD).

7. Neoteros Dux Mediolani

They mentioned the birth of the Roman Empire as an end date, so it might be 27 BC, when Augustus took power.

8. TC9078 Empire

I'm super hyped for this game :D

9. herkles Well-Known Member

Reviving this thread, as we have the release date for Imperator. April 25th. :)

10. Nerdman3000 On the hunt for Great Caesar’s Ghost!

And preordered. :D

Something tells me this game is going to surpass CK2 as my most played Paradox game, considering this game takes place in my favorite historical peroid.

minifidel likes this.
  11. Justinianus Banned

OH MEIN GOTT!!!

12. floyd22 Well-Known Member

*ding ~ dong!* The Train now Arriving is the Hype Train for Imperator: Rome.

Is 303 BC a bit too late for Alexander the Great to appear in the main Campaign? If not then my Eye may look Towards Egypt or the Etruscans.

While this Game is an Immediate Buy for me it will probably End up Competing for my Attention as we're Hoping for new Kittens this Year, and if you find yourself Competing against Kittens you always lose if you ask me.

LordInsane likes this.
  13. LordInsane Supporter of the Alliance

They deliberately set it after Alexander the Great. Well, alive Alexander. The Deluxe Edition has an event chain about claiming his body and building a mausoleum.

minifidel likes this.
  14. herkles Well-Known Member

its set at the beginning of the Diadochi Wars. Also the map is freaking huge with so many countries.

Since you mentioned Italy, here is the map of Italy.

[​IMG]

15. minifidel Well-Known Member

I cannot believe how hyped I am for this game, I couldn't help but preorder it despite knowing that vanilla PDX games can sometimes be... underwhelming if you're used to their more matured and fleshed out titles. But they've shown so much already, and I'm looking forward to see how they build on the massive base game they're already giving us.

16. floyd22 Well-Known Member

We now Know the Release Date for this Game ~ 25 April 2019. I will also be having a look at the latest Total War Game [Three Kingdoms] beforehand so it may be a while before I finally buy this...hail, Seizure! Oops, I mean Caesar!

If there were a Imperator: Rome - Crusader Kings II - Europa Universalis IV - Victoria II - Hearts of Iron IV Converter, then my Life would truly be complete.

Historyman 14 likes this.
  17. herkles Well-Known Member

And today is April 25th. Imperator Rome Comes out later today :)

18. TheReal_McChicken Active Member

What's everyone's plans for their first game of Imperator? I'm debating whether or not to play the cliche Rome or play someone who I haven't alrady watched gameplay for.

19. Historyman 14 Well-Known Member

Here you go.

20. The Tai-Pan The Pagemaster/Plogmonger

You'd own most of the planet by the end of CK2. Would be boring.