Waiting for the update patiently. You are a very good writer. Anyways I had this foolish and insane idea that Napoleon II might marry Queen Victoria. I mean, he is eight years older than her, but maybe some diplomats wanted a Franco-British union( I know this idea has zero percent chance). Anyways I hope that u can send the update as soon as possible!

Waiting for the update patiently. You are a very good writer. Anyways I had this foolish and insane idea that Napoleon II might marry Queen Victoria. I mean, he is eight years older than her, but maybe some diplomats wanted a Franco-British union( I know this idea has zero percent chance). Anyways I hope that u can send the update as soon as possible!
Not happening. Most likely, Napoleon II was a Catholic marrying Protestant, so one of them has to convert. And also, no Frenchmen would accept being under British sovereignty, especially during an age of Nationalism

Waiting for the update patiently.
Its in the works. I'm just waiting to publish it after my finals end in a few weeks.

Anyways I had this foolish and insane idea that Napoleon II might marry Queen Victoria. I mean, he is eight years older than her, but maybe some diplomats wanted a Franco-British union( I know this idea has zero percent chance).
There might be some weird romanticized idea of a Franco-British Empire in some circles as this period. I'm thinking that for Britain the 19th Century would be called the Victorian Era while for France its the Second Napoleonic Age.

Most likely, Napoleon II was a Catholic marrying Protestant, so one of them has to convert.
Napoleon having a "superior" title of Emperor might insist that the other party convert instead.

And also, no Frenchmen would accept being under British rule
True. Though the Quebecois question does complicate the issue.

There might be some weird romanticized idea of a Franco-British Empire in some circles as this period. I'm thinking that for Britain the 19th Century would be called the Victorian Era while for France its the Second Napoleonic Age.

This Anglo-French union would definitely be a more prevalent Anglo concept than a French one, but I doubt it'd ever be a mainstream one.

Now I'm imagining this timeline's Victoria 2 being called Napoleon II 2.

Napoleon having a "superior" title of Emperor might insist that the other party convert instead.

Wasn't Victoria Queen-Empress, Queen of Great Britain and Empress of India, wouldn't the British emphasize her Indian title whenever they meet with other European Emperors to expose themselves as 'equals', unless Napoleon and Victoria are able to mend the split, I doubt either one would ever agree to convert.

True. Though the Quebecois question does complicate the issue.

Quebec was the most loyal part of Canada, well, to Britain they were, I doubt that they are going to try and rock the boat.

This Anglo-French union would definitely be a more prevalent Anglo concept
It would likely be revolving discussions about a scenario where England won the Hundred Years

I think it might be something a bit different as it would be published by a more French publisher in a vastly different world than ttl. Plus with every Emperor adopting the regnal name "Napoleon" in honor of Napoleon I, I don't think it would fit in protocol to so openly use the monarch's name for a consumer product. For a more modern example, in Japan, mentions of the throne, or the Emperor are considered taboo.

One thing I plan for this world is that it would be much more monarchical than otl which might mean that depending on the region/nation lese-majeste laws might still be in place/enforced for better or worse.

Quebec was the most loyal part of Canada, well, to Britain they were, I doubt that they are going to try and rock the boat.
True though Quebec isn't the only French speaking part of North America in the 19th Century.

I'm looking forward to your next update....
Glad you like it! The new update should be coming sometime today or in the next few days.

AND a TL involving England winning the HYW and an Anglo-French Union
I'm not sure if I'll write such a tl. Though that does seem interesting. I'm not really familiar with late Middle Ages England/France, so I'd have to do a lot of research for that.

*French Historians:Laughs in Louis the Lion
Its funny how close he was to conquering England.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
i laughed for 5 minutes because what i read was" Napoleon Tutù" and was imaginating Napoleon II dressed for a classic dance opera.

Edit: here is what my mind thought

napoleon tutù.png

Last edited:
i laughed for 5 minutes because what i read was" Napoleon Tutù" and was imaginating Napoleon II dressed for a classic dance opera.

View attachment 651457

That was kind of the joke, that and the redundancy, at least I now know I'm not totally useless at humour.

Well, that's a mental image I never knew I needed until now :)

Everyone needs a miniature dancing "Son to the God of war" moving around in their head to a catchy jingle.

View attachment 651457
Well I'm never gonna unsee that again lmao.

Well, that's a mental image I never knew I needed until now :)
Funny enough I could see the British somehow pull this off as a form of anti-Napoleonic propaganda after Napoleon II makes his opening moves on the continent.

That was kind of the joke, that and the redundancy, at least I now know I'm not totally useless at humour.
your jokes are fine as well. So many memes come to mind when I think of some of the later developments in this timeline I'm planning.

Everyone needs a miniature dancing "Son to the God of war" moving around in their head to a catchy jingle.
Is this a reference to something?

Anyway as for progress with the next update, I'm almost finished with it for the most part. I'm likely gonna have it ready within the next few weeks after my finals are over. I'm glad all of you guys enjoy this tl. I kind of feel a bit bad about the slower pace of updates though.

Is this a reference to something?

A few things, though only two are important, one: Napoleon is the God of War, and two: Ares/Mars learned first to be a dancer before he dabbled at war, and was often described as dancing around the battlefield, and then a few other things that I'm not going to bother tackling. I was trying to take a jab at that, but my sleep deprived, addled, and headache riddled mind instead shortened it down so far that it's essentially unintelligible to any of it's original meaning.

I was trying to take a jab at that, but my sleep deprived, addled, and headache riddled mind instead shortened it down so far that it's essentially unintelligible to any of it's original meaning.
While Napoleon II will try to incorporate Roman aesthetics into his government/propaganda, I don’t think the pagan references would really work. He’s more likely try to bring up Carolingian imagery/concepts to sort of tie himself to Charlemagne and his father.

I have a question would we still see the revolt of 1857 in India?
Ah yes the Sepoy Mutiny. It’s hard to say tbh as I haven’t planned that far ahead. It’s honestly though a bit sad in my view despite me being Indian-America my knowledge of earlier Indian history is pretty lacking compared to Medieval or European history. I’ll probably need to do some heavy research for this though.

Almost certainly not, given butterflies.
Well not necessarily. The tensions between the Indians and the foreign British administrators were building up by this point. The issue of the ammunition cartridges being sacrilegious to both Hindus and Muslims was more or less the spark that lit the whole powder-keg alight. And depending on some pod’s the revolt could have potentially been much worse than otl