Would French republican propaganda look like this:
The tyrannical king said that he would see that the people should not dictate how a state would be run and that republics lead to tyranny of the majority rather than the tyranny of a single person. He deposed the rightful king and rules with an iron fist and oppresses the common people while giving them gifts to mask the fact that he has made them into cattle slaves.

Also If I wrote and published it how much jail time am I looking at?
I feel like that's too long for an effective form of propaganda. I think propagandists on both sides would want to simplify their message to make it more digestible to the average person. A key part of Napoleonic France involved the mass-mobilization of the populace. This was how Napoleon won a plebiscite overwhelmingly to take the throne as Emperor. Though while he had huge margins (I think around 87% ) he rigged the ballot box further to give him 99% of the vote.

If anything Napoleon would play up the legacy of the First Republic which was a period of chaos (the Reign of Terror) and that Napoleon would bring back order and glory to France while safeguarding its "traditions." So if anything he'd likely need the middle-class/business interests, the Clergy and more devout French Catholics, and the army on his side. Though if anything the Republicans might later on side with the more liberal members of the court faction trying to move towards Liberal Constitutionalism.

When I get to Napoleon II's actual coup, I plan on devoting some time to flesh out the various factions emerging in the new French Empire. The older Napoleonic Veterans for the most part might be more conservative preferring a general military buildup so that France could "regain its lost honor." This would likely impact the culture in France making it more militaristic than otl.

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
1623679048555.png

Maybe a pied piper Cartoon of Napoleon II leading a bunch of cattle.
I feel like that would be way too overt for any sort of opposition movements. Though some ad-hominems might be circulated in the British Press against Napoleon II. Though Napoleon might also fund some similar types of propaganda as well to discredit his opponents.

Though I'm kind of stumped on how exactly to write Victor Hugo's role this tl. If anyone has any ideas I'm all ears.

Is that image from the original Frankenstein movie?

So, with your idea that the British Monarchy remains more powerful than OTL, maybe we could have the Tories be more powerful in British politics ITTL?

Okay cool I was just really looking forward to it, thanks for telling me. Also do you plan on updating it more often or is it still going to be a every couple months thing?

Okay cool I was just really looking forward to it, thanks for telling me. Also do you plan on updating it more often or is it still going to be a every couple months thing?
I'm planning on updating it more frequently around a weekly basis. Though if you want to talk about LMR I think we should take this discussion to PM's as to avoid derailing this thread.

I'm planning on updating it more frequently around a weekly basis. Though if you want to talk about LMR I think we should take this discussion to PM's as to avoid derailing this thread.
I will do that the only reason I asked on this story was because its been over two weeks since you updated LMR and I couldn't post on it.

Love this timeline. I am eagerly waiting for the fate of France, USA and Austria!
Glad you like it! As for France, there'll be some stuff related to it in the coming decades. As for Austria, things would be mostly similar to otl with things largely being stable under Kaiser Franz.

As for the US, the Young Republic seeking glory was left with its teeth kicked in and now it burns for a desire to end their humiliation. Though as for whether or not this leads them down a descent into darkness or a period of renewal after a long crisis is yet to be seen.

Though the British Empire though will have some interesting developments further down the line.

As for the focus of this tl, I'm thinking of going to Haiti before covering the events going on in Portugal/Spain. Do you guys have any suggestions/ideas about potential fates for Haiti?

As for the focus of this tl, I'm thinking of going to Haiti before covering the events going on in Portugal/Spain. Do you guys have any suggestions/ideas about potential fates for Haiti?
The Bourbon Restoration government invades it in a bid to gain popular support similar to Charles X's actions in Algeria IOTL?

The Bourbon Restoration government invades it in a bid to gain popular support similar to Charles X's actions in Algeria IOTL?
I'm not sure if invasion would really be desirable. Though I'm not sure Charles X would be type of person to invade where Napoleon himself failed.

Instead of the vandalic sack I hope it is more like the Gallic sack of Rome for the US this humiliation.
Well a large part of the city ended up in ruins so the US will probably have to completely rebuild the capital now. This would probably somewhat alter the future development of Washington DC as a city.

Though there would also be serious discussions about possibly moving the Capital to Philadelphia or perhaps New York.

As for the US, it would probably have more of a siege mentality than in otl which might deter ideas like Manifest Destiny or perhaps reinforce as a means to gain defensible territory.

Well hope America starts conquering stuff soon.
Well they have to get their own house in order after the British kicked the door in and ransacked the place. The US economy has fallen into ruin thanks to the war with the government teetering on bankruptcy.

What will be Napoleon II's stance be on press censorship?
Will Napoleon II hire caricature artists to attack his foes?
It's too early to say, but I think it might be similar to what Napoleon III did in otl, though maybe it would be accompanied with some more dynamic action from the Imperial government. So there would probably be state sponsorship of various individuals to run propaganda to counter the narratives asserted by Napoleon's opponents be they Royalists, Republicans, or others. He might take example from his grandfather who was known for operating an effective and elaborate spy network within Austria.

Though it should be noted that Napoleon III's Empire had a later problem of widespread corruption due to this sort of pseudo-state patronage. Though Napoleon III brought back some practices used under Louis XIV where non-nobles could buy aristocratic titles and gain favors in government. While this helped Napoleon III maintain power, it backfired when it came to the French military whose elites became set in their ways resisting Napoleon III's plans to reform the army. Though the Second Empire did field quite a number of innovative weapons during the Franco-Prussian War, and had the French Army been able to reform itself and gain better leadership it probably could have won the war.

France learned its lesson later with General Boulanger whose reforms helped to modernize the army. Though he was quite a destabilizing force in French politics as well as he nearly brought down the Third Republic. Napoleon II has to manage the system with caution within France as well as abroad to avoid losing total control in this age of Revolution and disruption.

What would Napoleon II do to arrest the demographic decline of France?
Well I have some plans in mind immediately he take the throne that would probably address this somewhat.

As for specific policies, it's too early for me to say as while France's population growth rate is concerning, it didn't really become noticeable until mid to late 19th century. Funny thing is that I was reading some research articles/studies about this topic when I got the notification for your post.

How would the Capetian Dynasty (including the Houses of Valois and Bourbon ) be remembered in this Napoleonic France?
Well its complicated to say the least. Napoleon II in some ways might present himself as maintaining the traditions of France. Though at the same time he would likely have to cast himself as distinct from the Bourbons/Capetians.

I'd say they'd probably be viewed in a similar vein to the Merovingians, or Carolingians who had various periods of ups and downs before their dynasty faded away into irrelevancy. Its quite ironic that the Carolingians got deposed in a similar manner to the Merovingians though unlike the last Merovingian who was forced into a monastery, the last Capetians lived on as the Counts of Vermandois until the early 12th century with Countess Adelaide's passing. Though the family's legacy died with her brother Eudes I (Otto) "the insane" as the legitimacy and honors of the Carolingians passed through the male line according to Salic Law.

Though knowing this, Napoleon II would probably be quite worried about the future of his dynasty and would probably try to entrench its roots within French society and maintain its relevance and position among the rest of Europe's royalty. Though unlike with Napoleon who father was impoverished minor noble from Corsica, Napoleon II is the grandson of Kaiser Franz and Napoleon I the man who nearly conquered Europe.

This is great!! Hope there are more updates in the works :)
Yeah there are many more in the works. I'm just doing some more research and revising some of my old plans.

One thing that I've had to scrap is how I envisioned the development of the Balkans in my tl after learning some more about the Russo-Turkish War of 1828 and the Greek Revolution.

But What about the Bourbon Restoration in Spain?
That chapter is in the works.

How's Sicily doing right now?
I have an outline about Sicily/Naples which essentially parallels the War of the Sicilian Vespers.

Also someone needs to make a meme showing the Murats as rats.
I wouldn't say they were all rats. The major Bonapartists though would probably be more mad at Murat and Caroline than anything else. I could see an attempt at reconciliation being made when Napoleon II eventually takes the throne, but as I already already alluded to the Bonaparte-Murat blood feud, I guess you can imagine how that would turn out.

Though Murat Naples would likely be a major center for the Cabonari and many other more prominent Bonapartists who may be exiled from France or other parts of Europe.