Art and Media #1
I was thinking of eventually doing some sort of art for this timeline and some of my other fics. I was thinking of creating some art pieces for some of the major historical figures here in ttl. Here's one I made today of Charles X.

What do you guys think? If you guys want to make your own artwork or memes for this timeline as well feel free to do so!

SXWZ1ah.png

I like and encourage these sort of discussions. I've also learned many new things I wasn't aware of through these sorts of discussions. An example would be how my opinion of the Habsburgs changed over time. In my school here in the US, European history is mostly a footnote, and the Habsburgs are generally looked upon with disdain for their inbreeding which got really out of control in the 15th and 16th Centuries. The way I once thought of the Austrian Empire was that it was always doomed to collapse, but as I began to learn more about the nature of the Habsburgs' rule and the specifics behind the various crises they faced, I changed my mind. The same was true for France. It was only really after I got on AH that I really learned that there was even a Second French Empire.

I don't see the discussions as really delaying the updates as they sometimes help me change my perspective in a much more positive light. This could help orient what was my original draft to something more plausible and realistic that what I actually wrote.
In this case, don't bother so much, you don't have a set update schedule yet that can keep your readers calm. Remember that the first publication was in March and the second in early August, I could say that we are impatient.

I was thinking of eventually doing some sort of art for this timeline and some of my other fics. I was thinking of creating some art pieces for some of the major historical figures here in ttl. Here's one I made today of Charles X.

What do you guys think? If you guys want to make your own artwork or memes for this timeline as well feel free to do so!

SXWZ1ah.png

I support the motion (although I am not an artist ;v).

In this case, don't bother so much, you don't have a set update schedule yet that can keep your readers calm. Remember that the first publication was in March and the second in early August, I could say that we are impatient.
I'll try to post an update as soon as I can lol. Though it would probably be after I get used to my new school schedule and routine.

I support the motion (although I am not an artist ;v).
Great to hear!

There's also the potential to publish it as a PDF novel. I've seen @Red_Galiray do his own version for his timeline Until Every Drop Of Blood Is Paid: A More Radical American Civil War and you can do the same as well.
That sounds like an interesting prospect. I'm not sure how exactly that will work though once I finish this timeline though. While I'm open to continuing this timeline into the 20th and maybe the 21st Century, I'm not quite sure at the moment how that will work. After all with the things I'm planning, the circumstances leading up to ttl's 20th Century will be very different to what happened in otl. Though I've got to say @Red_Galiray's timeline is a pretty interesting read.

This is a Napoleon II timeline, I think that it wouldn't go amiss with many if you go having him be the center stage for whatever you do, maybe him being crowned?
That could also work as well. Though I like the image at the beginning of the thread already though.

Just read this. Very interesting. Watched!
I'm glad you're enjoying this so far.

Ficboy

Banned
That sounds like an interesting prospect. I'm not sure how exactly that will work though once I finish this timeline though. While I'm open to continuing this timeline into the 20th and maybe the 21st Century, I'm not quite sure at the moment how that will work. After all with the things I'm planning, the circumstances leading up to ttl's 20th Century will be very different to what happened in otl. Though I've got to say @Red_Galiray's timeline is a pretty interesting read.

That could also work as well. Though I like the image at the beginning of the thread already though.

I'm glad you're enjoying this so far.
Did you read any books to gain greater insight into making this timeline?

Did you read any books to gain greater insight into making this timeline?
I mean I read mostly some books about Napoleon before deciding to write this timeline. I just got a book about the court of Charles X, and I have a book about Napoleon II on my phone as well.

I'm reading a lot of other articles and stuff though from my school library as well to help me with some research on this period. But obviously with the pandemic, my access to that has mostly been limited to online.

Do you have any other books/sources you recommend?

Last edited:

Ficboy

Banned
I mean I read mostly some books about Napoleon before deciding to write this timeline. I just got a book about the court of Charles X's court, and I have a book about Napoleon II on my phone as well.

I'm reading a lot of other articles and stuff though from my school library as well to help me with some research on this period. But obviously with the pandemic, my access to that has mostly been limited to online.

Do you have any other books/sources you recommend?
In general, just read books about the Napoleonic Wars, Charles X and Napoleon II to get a greater understand of what might have been.

Art and Media #2 Cover Art
Same here! For the Empire!
Vive la France! Vive L'Empereur!

Here's some cover art I finally finished. It features Napoleon II here and I based it off this painting by Leopold Bucher. Though I I reworked it from the original painting depicting him in a white uniform, and I changed the colors scheme to depict something more similar to otl's Second French Empire's uniforms. I also added a shoulder epaulette and a Royal sash. I based this on other contemporary paintings of Napoleon II and other ones on Napoleon III. The background painting is called "Return of the troops to Paris" by Emannuele Masse. Its one of my favorite later 19th Century paintings depicting the French Army.

What do you guys think? I'm thinking of making this timeline eventually a pdf when I finally complete it and use this art piece as the cover art. What do you think of it?

ONTmzVT.png

edit: Made some corrections to the background image.​

Last edited: