Imam Hussein flees to India?

It is said that the 3rd Shiite Imam Hussein Ibn Ali wished to escape his persecution by fleeing to India. If I am correct he had somewhat of good relation with the Mohiyal Brahmins. What would happen if he actually fled to India? What would the Sunni-Shia schism be like? How would a Shi'ism based out of India look like?

Husayn ibn Ali, if he travelled there, would be leaving his community of supporters in Iraq. He also, would only leave with a small number. If he arrived in Hindustan, you can write what you wish in my view. However, it should be remembered that Shi’ism as it developed, is divergent in many ways from what we term Sunnism. So, any changes made to the Shi’a, should be made according to what the Shi’a evolved in otl.

I mean I’d assume he goes back to Arabia in a few years, or at least be constantly conspiring to be able to go back. As long as he expects to go back and retake his place in Islam, I’d doubt he’d inspire any Indian philosophy based movements. If he resigns himself to making what converts he can in India, there’s less pressure to adhere to a purist Islamic viewpoint and he can take what he sees as good from Indian religions, most likely Buddhism of the Theravada sort with at least heavily monist tendencies. It’d be an interesting timeline where he inspires a Buddhist revival.

Khanzeer

Banned
my due respects but Al-Hussain had trouble getting support from kufa and basra how will he escape to India ? these fables of brahmins are just fanciful tales w/o any basis in reality

though it is true that in first battle of basra , many indian muslims fought on side of Ali against aisha

Hussain should have gone to Yemen , perfect defensive terrain to frustrate ummayyad armies.Ali had several very loyal supporters there and Bani Tai owed a big debt to Ali's family and showed it with fierce loyalty

also shiaism is a product of teachings of Al Baqir and Al Sadiq , hussain or Ali b abitalib would not recoignize any of their present beliefs