Far from halting environmental devastation like Thanos intended, the Decimation made it even worse. The above picture is of the Amazon Rainforest after the snap in which half of it vanished off the face of the Earth, a occurrence that loggers could only dream of. This sudden loss of trees caused Earth's temperatures to intensify over a five year period.

Thanos did not destroy anything but intelligent beings. As a ultraradical-Malthusian he believed that there were too many of them compared to resources. His goal was to eliminate half of intelligent beings to make the other half's life better. AFAIK he did not destroy any infrastructure or natural resources. There was even a mention in the Avengers: Endgame that wildlife was recovering on much less populated Earth (I think it was about whales).

senator-kelly.jpg

Senator Robert Kelly of Kansas. Kelly, a former Congressman and lawyer who once worked as a legal counsel for SHIELD, won the special election to replace the incumbent Senator who had perished in the Decimation. During the rise of the Mutants in the mid-2020s, Kelly would become (in)famous for his vocal support of policing and registering Mutants.

Ipad-Babylon-6.jpg

The Babylon motto-ambulance. Originally conceived as a light weight self-driving vehicle designed to ferry injured people out of inaccessible areas. The Babylon was put into service in mass after the Snap to relieve the strain on emergency medical services caused by a shortage of ambulance drivers and helicopter medevac pilots.

(Taken from this concept: http://imaginactive.org/2017/09/babylon/)

Last edited:
77525926-3A07-4613-8FAA-E568D89BCD3B.jpeg

Manhattans Grand Central Station faced severe damages during the Battle of New York in 2012. It’s repairing would take roughly a year alongside any damaged infrastructure in Midtown. Near it’s completion, the terminals clock would be erected with a memorial to honor the first responders of the Battle of New York.

80098835-E626-4E55-9DB3-FCABE44788F8.jpeg

A paparazzi photographs Steve Rogers aka Captain America in public in Washington D.C., a few months after the collapse of SHIELD.

05DB624B-2E2B-49BD-9B7B-FC5A57014E6B.jpeg

After her two daughters would fall victim to the Decimation. Former First Lady Michelle Obama would hold therapeutic sessions with orphaned teenagers in her hometown of Chicago, Illinois.​

Last edited:
hqdefault.jpg

Fighter planes tracking a private jet who's pilots were both "dusted" in the Decimation with the surviving passengers doomed to die once the plane runs out of fuel.

Africa-SAelections3-20110525.jpg.jpg

A woman voting for first wakandan presidential election of 2018. After entire royal family has been dusted out due to decimation, Okoye declared a republic, which had clause which orders it to dissolve if surviving member Royal family were found.

Last edited:
belgrade-serbia-october-9-2014-tanks-on-street-of-belgrade-at-usce-J30AF7.jpg

A scene in Belgrade, Serbia, on the day after the Decimation as the Serbian Government sends in the military to help restore order after the post-Decimation wave of rioting which swept through Belgrade.

tank.jpg

A Leopard 2 moving during Martial Law being imposed in Canada after the Decimation

north-korea-soldiers-879967388.jpg

Pro-Kim Jong-chul soldiers in the North Korean Civil War which followed the Decimation as a result of Kim Jong-un being "dusted" during the Decimation with Kim Pyong-il and Kim Jong-chul (or more accurately, the clique of generals and bureaucrats who use him as a puppet) being the main contenders in said civil war, having both survived the Decimation.

Were they both "dusted" or did one or both of them die in Decimation-related accidents?
Both of them were “dusted.”

They call it the Blip now
In the Midtown School of Science and Technology. I would assume the ‘blip’ is the reappearance of the vanished. Moreover, as an American teenager, I can assure you that my generation would meme the shit out of the end of the world. :p

Oh come on, you're making me cry. What happened to Barack?
Gone, reduced to atoms. jk

In all seriousness, I myself have a theory on what Barack Obama in the MCU would’ve been up to, it’s a bit dark. My theory was Obama getting assassinated in 2011, and his VP being Matthew Ellis - assuming the Presidency. I don’t want to get too near to current politics, but if you want to learn more about this little theory of mine, DM me.

Last edited:
thanos thing.png

The Church of Thanos was an extremist cult movement formed not long after the snap. This group believed that Thanos was in fact a god, and that the wiping out of over half the life in the universe was his punishment for the mortals such as Tony Stark and the being claiming to be Thor either claiming godhood or attempting to supposedly make themselves like Gods. This cult would go on to see its largest numbers of followers in Johannesburg, Sakovia, and other cities and regions which had been badly damaged or decimated as a result of the Avengers actions.
Their symbol is pictured above.

DD419USSWainwright04.jpg

The USS Wainwright(DD-419), after being shrunken down to 1:192 of her original size by exposure to Pym Particles. According to public records the Wainwright was sunk following use in the Bikini Atoll nuclear tests in 1948, though this was actually a cover story so the ship could be used in later SSR/SHIELD experiments.

Untitled1.png

Refugees from the Eastern European nation of Sokovia leave their home country for better pastures in the wake of the Snap. Sokovia, already dealing with multiple hardships such as government corruption, poverty, and of course, the attack on the capitol by the rouge android Ultron in 2015 left the nation in a delicate balance. The Snap would prove to be the greatest blow yet and turned the fragile country into a failed state almost overnight.

As the government quickly collapsed, citizens would leave in droves, nearly emptying Sokovia within a year. Many would head into Sokvoia's neighboring country, the Kingdom of Latveria, when the nation's mysterious ruler, King Victor, welcomed refugees from nearby countries with open arms despite Latveria's normally isolationist foreign policy.

Would the public even know who Thanos was? I would've assumed the Avengers and SHIELD would've kept that information close to their chests.

If I recall correctly some civilians in Endgame, I believe in the therapy session, refer to Thanos directly. The information was divulged to the public in some way.

Well, in my mind, telling the public it's just a bizarre cosmic phenomenon would be easier than saying 'your relatives disappeared because of a purple alien snapping his fingers after finding a reality-altering gem in a country that's previously been off-limits to the outside world'.

Why? The public already knows aliens exist after the battle of New York.

True, but how is the public going to accept something like the Infinity Gauntlet or the Infinity Gems? The idea that an alien can just wipe out millions of people with just a snap of a finger and his own thoughts? Just because we accept this stuff so readily doesn't mean the population in-universe will.
They live in a universe where the old Nordic gods are real and live up to a lot of the legends, magic is real, giant space holes occur over major cities with concerning regularity, space rocks cause people to develop mutant Inhuman powers, killer robots picked up an entire city....magic space gems seem a lot less out of the ordinary and unbelievable if that’s becoming your new norm

Last edited: