GettyImages_1205319380.jpg

A few months after the Snap- tourist spots are empty after the disappearance of 4 billion people...

6FFF7113-1B9D-4D79-BF8D-CAF859A5C82E.jpeg

A recently resurrected man who was on an airplane that was taking off when he perished in the Decimation expresses some confusion at his current situation, having reappeared safely at the airport he was departing from.

Eddie.jpg

Journalist Eddie Brock prepares to interview Adrian Toomes aka The Vulture for an article about how America's prisoners are doing following the Decimation.

Last edited:

dcd

Banned
donald-trump-mcu-1159470-1280x0.jpeg

Donald Trump at a public function celebrating the victory against Thanos and the return of the fallen.

dcd

Banned
Both of them were “dusted.”

In the Midtown School of Science and Technology. I would assume the ‘blip’ is the reappearance of the vanished. Moreover, as an American teenager, I can assure you that my generation would meme the shit out of the end of the world. :p

Gone, reduced to atoms. jk

In all seriousness, I myself have a theory on what Barack Obama in the MCU would’ve been up to, it’s a bit dark. My theory was Obama getting assassinated in 2011, and his VP being Matthew Ellis - assuming the Presidency. I don’t want to get too near to current politics, but if you want to learn more about this little theory of mine, DM me.
I checked the wiki-apparently Obama only served one term and was succeeded by Ellis.I imagine that things going to hecks!@t under his watch,coupled with Ellis having more charisma than Romney OTL was sufficient to tip his already struggling campaign over the edge.

latest

President Ellis on his way to his inauguration ceremony in Jan 2013. Only days after winning the 2012 election he had been kidnapped by Adrich Killian and rescued by Iron Man.

dcd

Banned
Will we be running with the assumption(as I do)that Trump defeated Ellis in 2016,in part thanks to the Accords shitstorm,the Killian shitstorm,pretty much everything in Agents of SHIELD,all under Ellis'watch?
The Accords in particular shattered the Avengers and weakened Earth's defenses-Trump could easily call out Ellis for "selling out our heroes to the plutocratic globalists to apologize to rest of the world that uses us as scapegoats."

Will we be running with the assumption(as I do)that Trump defeated Ellis in 2016,in part thanks to the Accords shitstorm,the Killian shitstorm,pretty much everything in Agents of SHIELD,all under Ellis'watch?
The Accords in particular shattered the Avengers and weakened Earth's defenses-Trump could easily call out Ellis for "selling out our heroes to the plutocratic globalists to apologize to rest of the world that uses us as scapegoats."
If you go with the Agents of SHEILD, Ellis is still president in March 2017. Personally, I think it would be better to use a stand-in character for Trump. Less real world baggage and more creative freedom

If you go with the Agents of SHEILD, Ellis is still president in March 2017. Personally, I think it would be better to use a stand-in character for Trump. Less real world baggage and more creative freedom
I see Ellis as more of a Mitt Romney analogue given their reputations.

latest

teaser poster for RWBY Volume 5, scheduled to be released on october 2017.the hope was even more there due to Entire Roosterteeth employees surviving the decimation for some reason. however, the chaos following the decimation meant RWBY Volume 5 went on hiatus until 2023.

Last edited:
I checked the wiki-apparently Obama only served one term and was succeeded by Ellis.I imagine that things going to hecks!@t under his watch,coupled with Ellis having more charisma than Romney OTL was sufficient to tip his already struggling campaign over the edge.
It wouldn’t be logical. Matthew Ellis appears in Iron Man 3 and canonically, it takes place in December of 2012 - a month after the election. Going by your take, he’d be President-elect and wouldn’t wield the amenities and authority of the President until sworn in. That’s why, at the time, I came up with that theory that Ellis might’ve served as Barack Obama’s VP.

dcd

Banned
It wouldn’t be logical. Matthew Ellis appears in Iron Man 3 and canonically, it takes place in December of 2012 - a month after the election. Going by your take, he’d be President-elect and wouldn’t wield the amenities and authority of the President until sworn in. That’s why, at the time, I came up with that theory that Ellis might’ve served as Barack Obama’s VP.
Hmm,well...there's nothing anywhere about Obama being dead(that would be headline material),so now we're just confused.Thanks a lot,Disney.😠
Actually,Obama being assassinated by Killian would be a good opening to IM3...For now,let's just go with Ellis beating Obama and the discrepancy being a sign of damage to space-time.A lead in to a Secret Wars type event?

dcd

Banned
Too much of a copout.I hate it when fictional presidents are used just to avoid potential controversy.It's bad worldbuilding and blatant cowardice.

Too much of a copout.I hate it when fictional presidents are used just to avoid potential controversy.It's bad worldbuilding and blatant cowardice.
It's worse world building to just use real world politicians and try and bend them into some of the weirder aspects of the MCU. As for cowardice or copping out, I meant just to avoid controversy on this board, cause someone is going to post something that will lead to argument needing mod intervention, especially with current events. It's easier for all to say like the chairman of Roxxon Energy attempting to run for president is being investigated for possible ties to Wilson Fisk's criminal empire then deal with the shit storm that would arise if someone were to imply it about Trump or three pages of arguments about if Trump is pro/anti mutant rights.

dcd

Banned
It's worse world building to just use real world politicians and try and bend them into some of the weirder aspects of the MCU. As for cowardice or copping out, I meant just to avoid controversy on this board, cause someone is going to post something that will lead to argument needing mod intervention, especially with current events. It's easier for all to say like the chairman of Roxxon Energy attempting to run for president is being investigated for possible ties to Wilson Fisk's criminal empire then deal with the shit storm that would arise if someone were to imply it about Trump or three pages of arguments about if Trump is pro/anti mutant rights.
It would be somewhat more controversial,but also more interesting and intelligent-to see how this world really works realistically.I don't think there would be a shitstorm so long as everyone is firmly accurate.So,Trump is accused of ties to Fisk the way he is accused of ties to Putin and responds accordingly.We can just ask him with regards to mutants- or surmise,if we have to,based on his attitude toward minorities in real life-ie,that he would deliberately attract support from both mutants and anti-mutant groups.
Which reminds me,what do you think David Duke would think of mutants?See,interesting. He's not a mindless hatemonger,so he wouldn't automatically succumb to fear and hatred.Would he attempt to reach out to mutants who agree with him like Richard Spencer has done with groups like the Nation of Islam or Jewish Defense League?For that matter,what would Richard Spencer think?
See?Interesting.

Honestly- leave Trump out of the MCU.

I think we/Marvel would be better off using fictional Presidents from Ellis onward- makes life a lot simpler, and AoS, Avengers: Endgame, and Far from Home, never mention a President Trump- so I am running with its a fictional Pres rather than anyone from real life, as cop out/unlikely as all that.

So Ellis is elected for the for the first time in 2012, then again in 2016, (he is referenced in 2017 as Pres), he's still there come SNAP day on May 31st 2018 - date from: https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/2018.

Way back at the start of the Thread @NickRome posted Secretary of State Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross becomes President after "President, Vice President, Speaker of the House, and President pro tempore of the Senate were all confirmed to be among the billions who vanished." - Lets run with that.

For Reference: Hulk's snap is on October 17, 2023 - https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/2023
Far from Home: the trip would be June 27th-July 3rd 2024.

Last edited:
actor-william-hurt-3375_large.jpeg

Dust cover photograph of Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross from his biography Struck Twice. Secretary of State under President Matthew Ellis, Ross ascended to the position of President himself when the Thanos Decimation wiped out much of the Presidential line of succession. Ross's tenure as President was marked by extreme instability both at home and abroad and the assumption of significant emergency powers to handle the fallout of crisis. The stress of the Decimation would have a significant effect on Ross's health, particularly the loss of his daughter. Ross would surrender much of this power as the situation in america stabilised and announcing he would not be running for election in 2020, saying he'd "rather be remembered as a Cincinnatus then a Caesar"