Images Of Kara's First Day: Pictures Of Red Dawn's WW3 And The Aftermath

1676175031606.png

East German soldiers in occupied Colorado after a resistance attack. The men pictured have evacuated their barracks due to Molotovs being tossed in by local guerrillas, forcing them to leave and catching them in an ambush.

1676175260965.png

Soviet tank convoy in Texas. Mountain passes were a favorite ambush site by resistance fighters, who blocked off potential escape routes with explosives before attacking the vehicles themselves. Such attacks greatly weakened the Warsaw Pact supply lines in the occupied US.

1676175594402.png

Soviet soldiers in a ruined house in the occupied zone. This duo was photographed during a general withdrawal from the town they were originally posted in, hence the exhaustion on their faces.

Last known photograph of Ronald Reagan on board Air Force One shortly before his death, taken just before takeoff. The President was killed when Soviet jets intercepted Air Force One over the Midwest.

Sorry, but I'm afraid you got the date of the picture wrong. President Reagan never made it out of D.C. before it got nuked.

Removed but I thought the East didn't get attacked.

There were two nukes on the East Coast, that I can remember. One was apparently a one-off sub launched missile* that was fired just off the coast and hit D.C. The second was planted on a barge on, I think the East River, and nuked Manhattan. I do know Columbia University got hit/destroyed by the blast, but I honestly don't remember which Borough it had been in.

For the Midwest, Kansas City, I think it was, got hit, due to being a major crossroads city, along with SAC Headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska. I assume several of the ICBM Fields got hit, but there weren't actually many nukes used on the North American Continent during the War. There are repeated, unconfirmed stories**, about another potential nuke carried by a Spetznaz Team which was targeting Mount Weather, where Bush might have been. It's been confirmed, publicly, that there was a Spetznaz attack on the mountain, but there's only unconfirmed speculation on whether or not there was a nuke. All we know for sure, was that shortly after that raid, we openly nuked a couple of command bunkers in Russia.

There was also a nuke fired by a Royal Navy Boomer Sub, when Argentina was ramping up another attempt at taking the Falklands. They did hold off on launching in order for us to send a guy down to try to talk them out of invading the Falklands, but the attempt failed, and so the Brits nuked the harbor/port where the invasion fleet was gathering.

* - There was actually some debate over this over on the old, old board, due to the initially planned option, of a sub launched cruise missile not actually existing at the time. I can't remember exactly what the decision about it was, but it was either a special one-off missile, or a SLBM launched at a very low trajectory, to hit D.C.

** - Spoiler: There was actually a story on the old, old Board, talking about the War in the Southwest, and it included a segment where Adam Lodge was questioning a DGI Illegal, who caught got running agents. He showed her the news report on the raid, followed by the reports on us nuking Russia and basically walked her through why we had nuked Russia. It was part of him turning her, pointing out that we had nuked Russia in retaliation, with no response from them, and Cuba was working really hard to really piss us off, like the Russians had done.

Edit: I added the first "*" Section, explaining the history behind the D.C. Missile Nuke.

Last edited:
There were two nukes on the East Coast, that I can remember. One was apparently a one-off sub launched missile that was fired just off the coast and hit D.C. The second was planted on a barge on, I think the East River, and nuked Manhattan. I do know Columbia University got hit/destroyed by the blast, but I honestly don't remember which Borough it had been in.

For the Midwest, Kansas City, I think it was, got hit, due to being a major crossroads city, along with SAC Headquarters in Omaha, Nebraska. I assume several of the ICBM Fields got hit, but there weren't actually many nukes used on the North American Continent during the War. There are repeated, unconfirmed stories*, about another potential nuke carried by a Spetznaz Team which was targeting Mount Weather, where Bush might have been. It's been confirmed, publicly, that there was a Spetznaz attack on the mountain, but there's only unconfirmed speculation on whether or not there was a nuke. All we know for sure, was that shortly after that raid, we openly nuked a couple of command bunkers in Russia.
I'm surprised that the war never went nuclear the moment New York, D.C., and Omaha got hit. That would have been grounds for retaliation, but for the sake of the lore, let's stick to that.
There was also a nuke fired by a Royal Navy Boomer Sub, when Argentina was ramping up another attempt at taking the Falklands. They did hold off on launching in order for us to send a guy down to try to talk them out of invading the Falklands, but the attempt failed, and so the Brits nuked the harbor/port where the invasion fleet was gathering.
That reminds me of Protect & Survive where a Royal Navy SSBN nuked Buenos Aires in the days after The Exchange because an RFA vessel near the Falklands was attacked by the Argentine Navy. This was because Britain was crippled after The Exchange and it no longer had resources to fight Argentina.

Russian soldiers in Alaska.

Those are US soldiers; the M16s are a dead giveaway. Specifically Alaska National Guardsmen from the 207th Infantry Brigade (Scout). The Alaskan Scouts remained very active, even after the Soviets occupied the main population centres of the State.

Last edited:
A Canadian missile detachment from 129th Air Defence Battery, RCA equipped with Blowpipe. The gunners are defending a forward airfield which came under chemical attack in March 1987. Most Canadian Army AD batteries had been re-equipped with the far mor effective Javelin by this point. The 129th being one of the last to still use the Blowpipe.
CanadianBlowpipe.JPG

HMS Blake (C99) on her way to take part in the Liberation of Iceland.
HMS_Blake_%28Tiger-class_cruiser%29_.jpg

A Harrier GR.3 in an urban hide during the 2nd Battle of Vancouver. After much fighting, that battle was to free the city from Soviet occupation.
174FtHarrier.jpg

Having written that event into RDverse canon, that particular bit is news to me! :eek::)

This was because Britain was crippled after The Exchange and it no longer had resources to fight Argentina.

The UK did it in the RDverse for similar reasons - it had no resouces to reinforce the FI.

Having written that event into RDverse canon, that particular bit is news to me! :eek::)

I assume you've been on the other Board(s), but Adam Lodge had several family members amongst the Argentine Leadership, so the US sent him down to try to talk the Argentines out of launching the attempt, but it failed. It's in Adam Lodge's backstory, although with the rebuilding state of the new Board, a lot of the stories that establish that are currently missing/not republished, yet.

Those are US soldiers; the M16s are a dead giveaway. Specifically Alaska National Guardsmen from the 207th Infantry Brigade (Scout). The Alaskan Scouts remained very active, even after the Soviets occupied the main population centres of the State.
I love the movie that screenshot is from! It was the second movie I reviewed. If you liked "World War III" (1982), you should check it out.

-HC

D1504C3D-A0D3-48A3-B412-8A81454D3505.jpeg
A captured MI-24 Hind conducting USCG narcotics interdiction operations in the Caribbean, October 1993
77ACAD26-0562-4914-8F8B-D99572233B9C.jpeg

A F-14A from VF-114 near Odessa Tx, early June 1988. COMBLOC forces sabotaged much of the oil infrastructure in the Permian basin after the failure of the Midland-Odessa offensive in May 1988. The region would not see a return to its pre-war level of production until the turn of the century.

6FD6BF5B-67CB-4690-A7F9-568B3BE9C881.jpeg

The 163rd Calvary Regiment from the Montana National Guard prepares to defend the Casper Line, June 1986. The successful defense of I-90 became known as the COMBLOC’s “high water mark” and was notable for being conducted largely by National Guard formations from Colorado, Wyoming and Montana.

Last edited:
View attachment 809533
East German soldiers in occupied Colorado after a resistance attack. The men pictured have evacuated their barracks due to Molotovs being tossed in by local guerrillas, forcing them to leave and catching them in an ambush.

View attachment 809539
Soviet tank convoy in Texas. Mountain passes were a favorite ambush site by resistance fighters, who blocked off potential escape routes with explosives before attacking the vehicles themselves. Such attacks greatly weakened the Warsaw Pact supply lines in the occupied US.

View attachment 809541
Soviet soldiers in a ruined house in the occupied zone. This duo was photographed during a general withdrawal from the town they were originally posted in, hence the exhaustion on their faces.
so i was right all along about East Germans in occupied US when they sent their infamous Stasi secret Police now speaking of that did they sent Libyan Soldiers theres a part of that When a Libyan colonel with a pelvic wound captured by a Marine unit refuses to talk, his interrogators point to their Jewish battalion surgeon, who supposedly has already taken the liberty of castrating other Arab POWs. He becomes very cooperative. The surgeon (who didn’t actually cut anyone’s balls off) thinks it’s hilarious.

HMS Yarmouth (F101) during the Battle of the Baltic Exits. The 'Crazy Y' became famous as the last RN vessel to take a prize, when she captured a disabled Soviet Krivak class frigate.
300px-HMS_Yarmouth_F101.jpg

HMS Fearless (L10) heading north to take part in the liberation of Iceland.
l10_unk_a.jpg

HMS Bulwark (R08) launches helicopters during the operation to liberate Gibraltar.
06_hms_bulwark_r08.jpg

there's a story on The evacuation of NASA's Johnson Space Center when they had to evacuate the Astronauts Facility Personnel various museum pieces equipment documents and research where the Soviet Forces been arrived after they able to Occupied Houston the Johnson Space Center been stripped empty to the bare walls and they left a note Catch us if you can!

Last edited:
HMS Tiger (C20) while on covoy duty around 1986. Tiger and her sister Blake were often used to head ASW support groups. Both cruisers provided Naval Gun Fire Support during the liberations of Gibraltar and Iceland.

WNBR_6-50_mkN5_Tiger_pic.jpg

A Warrior IFV of the 1st Battalion, The Black Watch during operations in western Alberta, late 1987.

45149688os4.jpg

A Mig-29 in the gunsight of a Tornado F.3. Taken during the confused fighting over the North Sea that acompanied the Battle of the Baltic Exits.

Mig in Tonka's gunsight.jpg

Vickers VC10 C.1K of No.10 Squadron, RAF operating over the North Sea. While the C.1K was prefered for transport duties, it was used in its secondary AAR capabilty when needed. This variant of the VC.10 was known as being something of a 'rocket-ship', as it combined the fuselage of the standard VC.10, with the wings and more powerful RR Conways of the Super VC.10.
VC10_C1K.jpg

VC.10 K.2 of 101 Squadron refulling a pair of F-4J(UK) of Tiger Flight, during their transit from Bermuda to the USA.

VC10F4J.JPG

VC.10 C.1K at CFB Gander during the winter of 1985/1986, while on a trooping flight. Note that it is still in the pre-war livery,
VC-10Gander.jpg