Images Of Kara's First Day: Pictures Of Red Dawn's WW3 And The Aftermath

Gotcha, I was going with the PoD from the Original Movie, which I think was the Wheat Harvest which caused the Soviets to take the Great Plains. Check out my movie review above, we get pretty deep into some of that.

-HC

To the best of my knowledge, it's the 1986 Soviet Wheat Harvest.

-HC
I'm not sure whether or not you're familiar with the movie, Red Dawn, from 1984, but's basically a timeline expansion from that movie, but focusing in other areas, such as with @Matt Wiser's character being an F-4 pilot, who over the course of the war, rises to command his Air Force Fighter Squadron. Mostly, the background comes from that movie, but there are certain changes, such as the UK is still fighting, and so on. As for a POD, it was speculated on one of the old boards that the likely POD was Reagan choosing somebody else as his VP for his First Term, I think Buchanan, and that he dropped him and chose George H.W. Bush for his Second Term, with the War kicking off around Labor Day, 1985.
Gotcha, I was going with the PoD from the Original Movie, which I think was the Wheat Harvest which caused the Soviets to take the Great Plains. Check out my movie review above, we get pretty deep into some of that.

-HC
With Mexico and Nicaragua turning red, the NATO alliance apparently splintering, I'd like to think the POD dates back to the 1970s.

guys are you going to create the emblem of ALA (American Liberation Army) is a military/security force raised in the occupied states. It's membership ranges from people who are forcibly conscripted, reluctantly join for free food, criminals looking for a reduced sentence and a lot of power, and of course, true-believers a bunch of American Turncoats working for the Soviets akin to Vichy Milice.

With Mexico and Nicaragua turning red, the NATO alliance apparently splintering, I'd like to think the POD dates back to the 1970s.
I've always taken it that the PoD was after 1984, but that's a good point that a bad harvest didn't cause the Communists to take over in Central America. Mike over at ww31987 did a bit on it. He puts the PoD at 1980, and it seems pretty tight.

-HC

I've always taken it that the PoD was after 1984, but that's a good point that a bad harvest didn't cause the Communists to take over in Central America. Mike over at ww31987 did a bit on it. He puts the PoD at 1980, and it seems pretty tight.

-HC
In other fanfictions, the POD is even in 1976.

Just like this story:

In other fanfictions, the POD is even in 1976.

Just like this story:
Very Cool! It's always interesting to see different perspectives when you have your PoDs around the same time. I have to admit, I didn't really hone in on the PoD in my series, so hard core AH fans will shred me in the reviews.

The Soviet Domination story that James is telling covers so much familiar territory. Iran and Central America blowing up like that. It's very cool to read someone else's thoughts on how that might unfold.

-HC

Two shots from operations in East Germany in 1990.

A Chieftain Mk.11 of 7 Royal Tank Regiment advancing in challenging conditions.

ChieftainGermany.jpg

A Challenger 1 Mk.2 (ACB) of the 23rd Hussars, during an engagement with a reserve Motor Rifle Division of the NVA.

Challenger1Germany.jpg

A Tracked Rapier of 16 Air Defence Regiment, Royal Artillery, engages a low-flying Soviet jet. The picture was taken during the 2nd Battle of Vancouver.

tracked_rapier_1_live_firin.jpg

Okay, I'm dense, but I've finally figured out what's going on here lmao.

F-4.png

A flight of F-4 Phantoms of the 335th Tactical Fighter Squadron, May, 1987,

900dc2638b1a3e4b2657b11848a1cdc5.jpg

Algerian Special Forces deployed to Costa Rica to oversee the return of American and Canadian POWs in Cuba as a result of mediation by Malaysia, India, and Algeria, March 4, 1990. Costa Rica was chosen as the destination by the U.S. and Cuba due to its neutrality during WWIII.

900dc2638b1a3e4b2657b11848a1cdc5.jpg

Algerian Special Forces deployed to Costa Rica to oversee the return of American and Canadian POWs in Cuba as a result of mediation by Malaysia, India, and Algeria, March 4, 1990. Costa Rica was chosen as the destination by the U.S. and Cuba due to its neutrality during WWIII.
i can imagine if Israel got involved like they'll sent elite forces.

0.jpg

A view from Lawrence, Kansas of a Soviet nuclear warhead initiating over a SAC missile Launch Control Centre on Day 1 of the Third World War.

43Stornoway.jpg

A Phantom FG.1 of 43 (Fighter) Squadron operating from RAF Stornoway. Circa 1986. 43 (F) Squadron normally operated from RAF Leuchars and would re-equip with the Tornado F.3 in late 1987.

ZE362v_ZE359j_74sqd.jpg

Two F-4J (UK) of Tiger Flight, RAF, returning from a MIGCAP mission to Sheppard AFB in February 1988 . Note they are still wearing the markings of 74 (Tiger) Squadron. Tiger Flight was attached to the 335th Tactical Fighter Squadron for a period in early 1988. Once the deployment was over, the surviving F-4J (UK) were returned to the US Navy. However, the Flight would pave the way for the deployment of two RAF manned F-4E(UK) squadrons to the Southern Theatre later in the year.

vbc6d5y04e201.jpg

Elements of Task Force MARAVICH advance near the town of Arnette, TX , May 1988. Ad hoc task forces of USMC and Army paratroopers were common in the early phases of GULF HAMMER, as Marines pushing up from the Gulf beachheads made contact with the 101st and 82nd Airborne LZs. Operating essentially as light mechanized cavalry, these troops were instrumental in seizing almost of all 6th Shock Army's supply routes into Houston, cutting off what had been up to that point one of the most effective COMBLOC formations.

news-061616f-lg.jpg

The first stage of the Saturn V rocket SA-514 seen on a barge in Gulfport, MS, June 1986. The rapid evacuation of almost all of the key components and personnel from the Johnson Space Center in Houston was one of the few bright spots in the early months of the war.

DtgfhJEVYAAOV63.jpeg

President Bush, accompanied by a plainclothes Secret Service agent, takes a ride on an Abrams tank during a visit to the newly opened Wilmington Arsenal Tank Plant in Delaware, March 1986.