"Images of 1984" - Stories from Oceania

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow

I spent most of the night/day reading this (couldn't sleep) and I'm hooked I love 1984 and this is very chilling and so very plausible consider me subscribed.

If "Oceania" was isolated Britain, how do you explain the regularly public display and shootings of Eurasian/Eastasian POWs?

Surely, after 25 years of killing them to maintain the illusion, there would'nt have been any foreigners left in Britain.
It's very possible that the "POWs" could very much be a mixture of political dissidents, prisoners, and even disgraced INGSOC members. We must understand that the telescreens within the book are probably very grainy have low projection quality and are in black and white. Beat some guys up, dress them up in old uniforms (not that the people would remember what the uniforms are from), and shoot the lot. A win-win scenario for the party.

It's very possible that the "POWs" could very much be a mixture of political dissidents, prisoners, and even disgraced INGSOC members. We must understand that the telescreens within the book are probably very grainy have low projection quality and are in black and white. Beat some guys up, dress them up in old uniforms (not that the people would remember what the uniforms are from), and shoot the lot. A win-win scenario for the party.
Bruh, the thread has not had any replies for ten years.

YOU'RE TOO LATE HE-MAN! NOW THAT THIS RANDOM THREAD ABOUT AN OVERRATED DYSTOPIA IS PINNED, I CAN MAKE AS MANY JOKES ABOUT THE MODERATION AS I PLEASE! NYE-HAHAHAHAHA!
293vmj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.