I'm Gonna Try...

Listen, I want to make a TL. Which of these is most interesting?

The Roman South- Considering if the Romans colonized more down to Africa in the South. Perhaps leading to a African Free State after the Fall of Rome. I don't know.
Without a Fighter- WI Lee didn't accet either offer from the CS or US and became neutral? Also, Grant dies in Mexican War. Who takes over as the two controllers?
The Flight That Never Was- Leonardo's flying machines work. He devolops human powered gliders, and Semi-Steampunk.
World War .5- The Franco-Prussian War becomes a free for all pitting France, Russia, the Scandanavian countries against Prussia and AH. A possible British German allaince and German colonial empire.
We Did Start the Fire- ASB, where a copy of "We didn't Start the Fire" is sent back to every capital in the world on New Years' Eve, 1899. It plays anywhere, is invenruable and in every language.

World War .5- The Franco-Prussian War becomes a free for all pitting France, Russia, the Scandanavian countries against Prussia and AH. A possible British German allaince and German colonial empire.
I disagree with those alliance systems. ;) I wrote something about that awhile ago, maybe I'll dig it up again or revise it for these boards. Be interesting to see somebody else's perspective on a late 19th century pan-European conflict though.

Any word on implementation for most of these - namely, PoD - or is that to be hashed out later?

On one hand, FFA in Franco-Prussian war is my favourite thing to do in Victoria the game (Russia, Sweden, Denmark, France vs. Austria/Germany. Doesn't go well for Austria/Germany, creates Scandinavia and then I tend to release Poland including Austrian and German partitions).

On the other hand, I want to see an Africa integrated far more into European history on account of common Roman experience. So the latter.

On one hand, FFA in Franco-Prussian war is my favourite thing to do in Victoria the game (Russia, Sweden, Denmark, France vs. Austria/Germany. Doesn't go well for Austria/Germany, creates Scandinavia and then I tend to release Poland including Austrian and German partitions).
That doesn't make any sense. If anything, it would have been Russia and the NGC allied (along with the south German states, excepting possibly Austria-Hungary) against the French and maybe the Habsburgs, with Italy probably joining the NGC.

My vote

Philip

Donor
I'd vote WW 0.5, but I get the feeling that you haven't planned out much for any of them yet.

Actually, I plan for Prussia and AH to lose, badly.
Why are they on the same side? The Dual Alliance was concluded in 1879. On the other hand, Russia has had a good working relationship with Prussia since the Alvensleben Convention in 1863 over the Polish revolt in that year - the same working relationship that would expand into the League of Three Emperors in 1873 - and both Gorchakov and the Tsar are somewhat embittered at France over the collapse of their entente earlier in the decade. Remember, at Alvensleben the Russians offered an alliance between Russia and Prussia to dismember Austria and possibly also act against France. While von Bismarck was unwilling to go that far, the Russian offer is still indicative of their sentiments in the 1860s.

That doesn't make any sense. If anything, it would have been Russia and the NGC allied (along with the south German states, excepting possibly Austria-Hungary) against the French and maybe the Habsburgs, with Italy probably joining the NGC.

Of course it doesn't make sense. That's why I specifically mentioned Victoria as a setting. It's pseudohistorical.