If US done nothing , would the Communist World collapse from Internal Instability?

Griffith

Banned
I remember 3 years ago I witnessed an argument in a thread.

The whole thing was on about the VIetnam War.

One guy said that it was immorals for US to get involved in Vietnam because it caused so much suffering to the local VIetnamese.Furthermore, he added that the French and US should never had intervened because they got humiliated and beaten,and had they not ever got involved in the country and left Vietnam alone,not only would less deaths take place during the time, the French and Americans would not have suffered such Humiliation and Defeat from intervening in the regiona and causing war there.

Another guy believed that the US was right to intervene there becase communism would have spread.

After a huge heated debate, a mod locked the thread.One the final comments posted before it got locked that caught me interested is a statement bythat Communist states eventually collapse from instability and people will eventually watn to reform the country into a Capitalistic state after seeing the Communist system fail.Its this eventually internal collapse, he argued, is reason why US should never had goetten involved in Vietnam.

I witnessed a similar argument between a Conservative American and a Diehard Libertarian who claimed to have a degree Economics.The Libertarian argues that the Domino Theory is BullShit and that US should never have gotten into the responsibility of stopping the spread of Communism.As both Libertarian and Degreed Economicist,he believes it should be the choice of the people of other countries US intervened in such as Vietnam to decide whether to adopt Communism,that US had no right to prevent them from taking communism up,and that (according to Economic thoery,he does have a degree in Economics afterall) Communists system would eventually fail and people will eventaully bring reforms into Captialism.Thats why the Domino Theory is BullShit he says,and that US should never have stuck its nose in other countries esp. Vietnam.

I hear similar arguments everytime Cold War is discussed especially in the case of Vietnam and the Domino Theory.

Is it that simple? Did the US simply have to outwait the USSR? To the point the US didn't even need to keep on advancing technologically in their military arms?

Because in addition to the claims that so much lives and money was wasted in American intervention throughout the world during the war, I seen libertarian economists even argue that all that money spent into the military industry and scientific R and D for new weapons was a huge waste of millions of $$$$$ that could have been spent on more practical matters such as rebuilding the economy because with the USSR's colossal spending on militarism and neglect of other more important problems, they already heading towards bankruptcy and political instability.