200 Early decline of Rome
117 Peak of Rome
33 Nothing happened
1 AD
1 BC
27 BC Augustus Emperor
44 BC Gallic Wars
100 BC Julius Caeasr is born
146 BC Destruction of Chartage and Corinth. Rome becomes Hegemon in the Mediterranean
200 BC
221 BC
264 BC 1st Punic War
300 BC
323 BC Death of Alexander the Great
331 BC Alexander King of Macedonia
400 BC Persian Wars
431 BC
475 BC
483 BC
500 BC La Tene Period
509 BC
563 BC
600 BC
700 BC
753 BC Foundation of Rome
771 BC
776 BC Greece: Archaic Period
800 BC Etruscan Civilization begins
814 BC
900 BC Greek and Phoenician colonization of the Mediterranean
1000 BC Golasecca Civilization
1100 BC Late Bronze Age Crisis, Hellenic "Dark Age"
1177: The year Civilization ends
1200 BC Hallstatt Period in Europe
1300 BC Early Bronze age crisis: Kadesh, Troy, Sea People, Tollensee battle (Germany)
1400 BC
1500 BC
1600 BC rise of Micenaean Greece

KINGS:
1650 BC
1700 BC Crisis of the Battle Axe Culture, due to climate getting colder; massive migration to the South (The so called Bronze Age "Vikings"). Hammurabi Code is written down
1800 BC
1900 BC
2000 BC
2100 BC
2200 BC
2300 BC
2400 BC
2500 BC
2600 BC
2700 BC
2750 BC
2800 BC
2900 BC
3000 BC
3150 BC Age of Pyramids
3200 BC
3300 BC
3400 BC
3600 BC
3800 BC
4000 BC Pre-dinastic period in Egypt & Mesopotamia
5300 BC Protohistory (Vinca+Indus Valley, possibly create a new convention to represent tribal protostates)

PREHISTORIC (optional from here)
11,700 kiloannum (9700 BC) Atlantis?
20,000 ka Ice Age?

50,000 ka
100,000 ka
200,000 ka
315,000 ka
640,000 ka
1 megaannum
1.5 Ma
2 Ma
5 Ma
6 Ma
10 Ma
15 Ma
20 Ma
30 Ma
40 Ma
50 Ma
66 Ma
145 Ma
252 Ma
300 Ma
375 Ma
400 Ma
480 Ma
500 Ma
541 Ma
600 Ma
800 Ma
1000 Ma
1600 Ma
3000 Ma

EXTRATERRESTRIAL
Venus
Mars

ALT-HISTORY
1983: Doomsday
Anglo-American-Nazi War
Bring the Jubilee
Draka
Fallout
Fatherland
Kaiserreich
The Man in the High Castle
The New Order
Nineteen Eighty-Four
Southern Victory by Turtledove / Timeline-191
Sunset Invasion
Thousand-Week Reich
Worldwar by Turtledove
The Years of Rice and Salt

Age of Conan
Middle-Earth, Second Age
Middle-Earth, Third Age
Tamriel (Skyrim)
A Song of Ice and Fire
MISCELLANEOUS / ALT-GEO
Modern day +60 m sea level
Modern day +100 m sea level
Modern day +500 m sea level
Modern day +1000 m sea level
Modern day +2500 m sea level
Modern day -100 m sea level
Modern day -500 m sea level
Modern day -1000 m sea level
Fully blank ocean map for planet editing (or Modern day +8848 m sea level)
Seapole from World Dream Bank
Inversia from World Dream Bank
Shiveria from World Dream Bank
Jaredia from World Dream Bank
Earth-98 / Terra-98

Last edited:
Hello People. After extensive research, I have to concede that what I had in mind (to compile a map of Bronze Age Europe) is impossible based of the current state of knowledge.
That an extensive and well organized bronze age kingdom did exist in north Europe around 1300-1400 BCE is, at this point, certain. That this kingdom had open warfare with its neighbors, implying that there indeed were neighbors, meaning other kingdoms, is more than confirmed by archaeology. Unfortunately, we have no idea of who exactly those people were (so we can't assign them a color) nor the exact extension of those kingdoms (no borders) or the exact nature of those kingdoms (were they tribal alliances? Was there a High King ruling over sub-kings? or were they proper kingdom with an extension comparable to modern nations?) meaning that color levels and shades is unknowable (similarly inner subdivisions, if they existed, are totally out of the picture).
Essentially this means that, with current means and knowledge, Bronze Age Europe in not even hypothetically mappable

That's why I concentrated on other historical periods. Since I have more or less effectively mapped both World Wars and a glimpse of the Victorian Age, I decided to make a single step back to Napoleon
1812.png

Both maps have several issues, we may need some extra colors for ancient India, and I'm pretty much stumbling with 1812 Africa. If any of you has a labeled Africa that can post, that would be a serious improvement, thank you.
The next logical step would be, in my opinion, the French Revolution. Since ICS has three different colors for France, a more nuanced mapping is possible. On the onset of the Revolution traditional French Blue applies; from 1792 to 1798 Radical French Yellow (the color I used for Vichy) would apply; after 1799 darker Imperial blue would be used.
As usual, any thoughts, insights, insults?

qazse

Gone Fishin'
So I made this proof-of-concept for what a mythology section of the ICS could look like - An ICS addendum for the Pokémon world, if for whatever reason, you needed something like that.
ics pokemon.png

Well, that's... strange. I was planning to do Roman and Napoleonic times, but I realized that Ancient India may be lacking colors, so maybe I can borrow some? Aaaand, since it's a Mythology scheme, it may work for a low fantasy scenario (The Age of Conan always was a personal pet of mine, but why not a Lord of the Ring as well, or... any other suggestions?).
How did you choose the colors? Can I see the Hex/RGB for them?

EDIT: I see there are some real-world equivalent (sorry, not a Pokemon fan, so I have no familiarity). That may work for a fantasy conversion, for example Gondor could use the color for Eastern Rome, Aquilonia (Age of Conan) could use the color for France. Did the villains used the Napoleonic and Nazi colors, or you invented one?

Last edited:

qazse

Gone Fishin'
Well, that's... strange. I was planning to do Roman and Napoleonic times, but I realized that Ancient India may be lacking colors, so maybe I can borrow some? Aaaand, since it's a Mythology scheme, it may work for a low fantasy scenario (The Age of Conan always was a personal pet of mine, but why not a Lord of the Ring as well, or... any other suggestions?).
How did you choose the colors? Can I see the Hex/RGB for them?

EDIT: I see there are some real-world equivalent (sorry, not a Pokemon fan, so I have no familiarity). That may work for a fantasy conversion, for example Gondor could use the color for Eastern Rome, Aquilonia (Age of Conan) could use the color for France. Did the villains used the Napoleonic and Nazi colors, or you invented one?
I just borrowed colours form the main scheme as I see fit. I'll look into assigning original colours in future.

Okay. This gives me something to ponder about. When creating a fantasy map, the most sensible thing is to borrow the color from the closest historical equivalent, like you did, and that's usually pretty simple for most of them, but could get confused say, in an ISOT scenario, and leaves holes for the less historical factions (say, Orcs, Elves). I think we could try some... field experiment, as in to make some fantasy maps and start filling the colors in.

I was reviewing this thread and I noticed a few weak spots in I.C.S. in I.C.S., always the same I fear, India and Africa.
India has too few color, one of them is even repeated twice, sorry, my mistake.
Africa has a somewhat opposite problem, sometimes I get confused on which color goes where. I Think there is a labeled map of Africa somewhere, which could be useful as a reference, but it's limited in time. Is there any expert in African or Indian History, or labeled maps of them that can be used as reference?

Though I definitely appreciate the creativity that went into this project, I'm not sure if this is such a good idea. Though I am definitely behind the sentiment to reduce the number of colours used to a few "key" colours with high versatility (and I strongly believe that "Communist Britain = Cornwall is an awful way to go about that). The issue, with this particular scheme, is that all the "[x] nations of [x]" are really meant to describe the modern political and cultural landscapes of those countries. I can totally imagine ways where this wouldn't work though. I also strongly believe that 1912-1928 Republican China and 1928-1949 Republican China should be distinguished from each other as the predecessor of the post-1928 Chinese government existed in rebellion against the earlier one from 1917 onwards.

I was so ready to complain about this colour scheme for continuing the dumb green Qing meme, but then it turned out it has red Qing? Which is somehow weirder. Come on guys, there's no good reason for Qing to be anything other than gold or blue. Given that the theme is grimdark maybe some kind of dark, oppressive blue would be appropriate.

Last edited:
Finally, 1918. As China further fragmented, I was at a kind of a loss. In the end, I decided to use Han Purple to represent, I dont know, some sort of ultranationalist faction not affiliated with the official government. I think I hit the nail on the head, as China really looks screwed. Russia also looks like having seen better days.
What do you think?View attachment 775429
All I'm saying is that LordHastur describing the KMT as "ultranationalist" really confirms my biases if Rex Romae knows what I mean, hahaha.