Icarus: A Climate TL

Redo the evacuation of LA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What would these maps look like ITTL? I have a feeling based on that CNN graphic it’d be a lotta 10s and 11s all over
Exactly right! Actually, the CNN graphic is based off of one of those EPA maps (you'll see that the color scheme is the same). But good eye regardless.

Anyway, in case anyone is wondering, this timeline isn't dead! There's a few graphics in the works, but there'll be a mostly text-based post in the next few weeks or so.

2012 United States presidential election & First Caribbean refugee crisis
1678843130041.png
1678843137988.png

CNN RSS News Feed — November 6, 2012
  • LIVE UPDATES FROM THE CARIBBEAN CRISIS: Haitian refugee boat capsizes near the Bahamas, ~200 presumed on board
  • 2012 ELECTION: Surging Green campaign effort causes headaches for Napolitano
  • Navigating rivers, forets, and cartels - one refugee's treacherous trek by land to the U.S
  • CNN Graphic: Mapping the most popular refugee sea routes to the U.S
  • Chicago teachers' unions strike enters second week, with district classrooms empty
  • Kidnapper of Wisconsin teen arrested in Duluth
  • Liberal Dems blast Napolitano for steering to the right on immigration
  • Huntsman: 'Securing the future of America starts with securing her borders'
  • Former North Koreans will not get a say in next month's elections, says Korean PM
  • Amtrak begins renovations of Hudson river tunnels
  • Ogaden rebels march towards Addis Ababa, trouncing Ethiopian forces
  • Sunburn in the Rockies? Scientists say it's more likely than you think
  • California considers permanent daylight saving time
  • Republicans challenge Dean's refugee visa policy in court
  • E.U accuses China of already breaking the Ozone Protection Convention
  • Canadian freight company makes first autumn passage through the Northwest Passage
  • San Francisco International Airport reopens after near-crash fright

I mean if the US is struggling I do not think Mexico has much of a chance especially since they would also be dealing with their own wave of refugees from Central America/South America.

I mean if the US is struggling I do not think Mexico has much of a chance especially since they would also be dealing with their own wave of refugees from Central America/South America.
It's not that that I have meant with it, but whether it's bad enough that they literally cannot perform the agricultural work to feed themselves anymore.

I mean the real problem would be able to have agriculture if there is no real law and order and more importantly how to transport the goods to those who need them.

It's not that that I have meant with it, but whether it's bad enough that they literally cannot perform the agricultural work to feed themselves anymore.
In that case, the Sahara in Africa would face its worst-case scenario as the wave of climate change together with UV exposure would even lead to populations moving northwards, including Europe.

What else some states are likely to feel the effects of water shortages and rising food prices?

Anyways, how's the situation of my home country is doing?

I mean I do not believe most would even make it across the desert, it's more likely most travel further south instead.

I mean I do not believe most would even make it across the desert, it's more likely most travel further south instead.
Except Africa only stretches about 34 degrees below the equator. If your trying to escape UV you'll want to head somewhere where you at least get very little daylight six months of the year.

View attachment 817994View attachment 817995

CNN RSS News Feed — November 6, 2012
  • LIVE UPDATES FROM THE CARIBBEAN CRISIS: Haitian refugee boat capsizes near the Bahamas, ~200 presumed on board
  • 2012 ELECTION: Surging Green campaign effort causes headaches for Napolitano
  • Navigating rivers, forets, and cartels - one refugee's treacherous trek by land to the U.S
  • CNN Graphic: Mapping the most popular refugee sea routes to the U.S
  • Chicago teachers' unions strike enters second week, with district classrooms empty
  • Kidnapper of Wisconsin teen arrested in Duluth
  • Liberal Dems blast Napolitano for steering to the right on immigration
  • Huntsman: 'Securing the future of America starts with securing her borders'
  • Former North Koreans will not get a say in next month's elections, says Korean PM
  • Amtrak begins renovations of Hudson river tunnels
  • Ogaden rebels march towards Addis Ababa, trouncing Ethiopian forces
  • Sunburn in the Rockies? Scientists say it's more likely than you think
  • California considers permanent daylight saving time
  • Republicans challenge Dean's refugee visa policy in court
  • E.U accuses China of already breaking the Ozone Protection Convention
  • Canadian freight company makes first autumn passage through the Northwest Passage
  • San Francisco International Airport reopens after near-crash fright
interesting… i’m loving these subtle alt-demographics with the electoral votes!