I want to create a fantasy world.

Ladies, gentlemen, comrades, good day-time. I'm working on a fantasy setting, but I haven't abilities to cartography. And to be quite frank, even poorly developed my understanding of the geography of the world. I would be glad if someone offers me his help.

There allot Fantasy landscapes like from "Lord of the Rings" or "Games of Throne" who are quite common and becoming little bit boring...

So what have you in mind WotanArgead ?

Oh damn .... I completely forgot about this topic !!!!!!!

tumblr_mguu41kkKI1qkw8v1o1_400.gif

Oh, that happen too me also allot...

so WotanArgead still need advice ?

Why not ?
maybe i can find a error and help to correct it.
Go ahead.
The basis is the next moment - the local population has little idea of the history of its world, and have a very poor idea of the structure of the universe. Usually the history of fantasy worlds last less than a million years ... And this world, like our land, has been developing for billions of years, and since it is a fantasy, the planet was inhabited by more than one intelligent species ... However, due to the weak development of science, About the world. Educated guess about some things, but often have false ideas (for example that the Sun revolves around Aard, and not on the contrary).
Exactly there will be three "races" (rather of a biological species) - Humans, Elves, and Dwarfs.
As for people, I have two options - there will definitely be two distinct "civilizations" that differ from each other approximately as Indian and Hellenic, or as Arab and Western European. How do you better divide them - Two continents (East-West), or the north and south of one continent?

Atlas something i can work on :evilsmile:

And this world, like our land, has been developing for billions of years
Good, we need another Sun and Another Planet, Our sun remains only 5 billion years and Earth got around 1.2 billion years of Geological activity (according the scientist)

Change to K-type main-sequence star they got lifetime 15 to 30 billion years, compared to 10 billion for the Sun
Such a star is Epsilon Indi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsilon_Indi or Epsilon Eridani https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsilon_Eridani

On Planet take a Super-earth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-Earth
More mass means longer Geological activity as Earth has and with large Diameter the planet got earth like Gravity and bonus:
Distance between the distinct "civilizations" best by large ocean or extrem vast Dessert or active Vulcans zone.

Atlas something i can work on :evilsmile:

Good, we need another Sun and Another Planet, Our sun remains only 5 billion years and Earth got around 1.2 billion years of Geological activity (according the scientist)

Change to K-type main-sequence star they got lifetime 15 to 30 billion years, compared to 10 billion for the Sun
Such a star is Epsilon Indi https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsilon_Indi or Epsilon Eridani https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epsilon_Eridani

On Planet take a Super-earth https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super-Earth
More mass means longer Geological activity as Earth has and with large Diameter the planet got earth like Gravity and bonus:
Distance between the distinct "civilizations" best by large ocean or extrem vast Dessert or active Vulcans zone.
I do not think that it is necessary. Aard in its basic characteristics is similar to the earth. Although it may be the second or fourth ..... but then you need a different type of star, but its color is visible, and I do not have the strength and knowledge to describe the effects of the Red Giant radiation. Therefore, you need a yellow ...

This means that the planet has an age of 5 billion years. However, the first civilization - alien colonists (remember Lovecraft).

I do not think that it is necessary. Aard in its basic characteristics is similar to the earth. Although it may be the second or fourth ..... but then you need a different type of star, but its color is visible, and I do not have the strength and knowledge to describe the effects of the Red Giant radiation. Therefore, you need a yellow ...

This means that the planet has an age of 5 billion years. However, the first civilization - alien colonists (remember Lovecraft).

Good choice. K-type stars breed tidal locking, flares, and ugly light. The only difference you'd have is less light, oranger light, and maybe dark green plants.

Good choice. K-type stars breed tidal locking, flares, and ugly light. The only difference you'd have is less light, oranger light, and maybe dark green plants.
That's profile of a Red dwarf Stars

K-type main-sequence star are "orange" but that not matter if Planet is in habitat zone like Earth around Sun it get same amount of energy the K-sun shine bright in sky.

back to topic
if you want Sun and Earth like condition, then change has been developing for billions of years into has been developing for hundreds millions of years. fit better to that.
you have still enough time frame to have several intelligent species including become extinct ones

That's profile of a Red dwarf Stars

K-type main-sequence star are "orange" but that not matter if Planet is in habitat zone like Earth around Sun it get same amount of energy the K-sun shine bright in sky.

back to topic
if you want Sun and Earth like condition, then change has been developing for billions of years into has been developing for hundreds millions of years. fit better to that.
you have still enough time frame to have several intelligent species including become extinct ones
Life on Earth has been developing for several billion years my dude.

And red dwarfs are effectively slightly smaller orange dwarfs. They STILL tidally lock planets around them.

back to topic
I compiled an approximate timeline of settlement -
1) The elders (the name is still conventional, are aliens, resembling sponges and polyps in appearance) - 650-400 (200) million years.
2) Sea people (artificially withdrawn, something in between amphibians and fish) 400-100
3) Ichtinoids (artificially removed, part degraded) 400-200
4) The Lizards are 180-70 million years old.
5) Younger species (Humans, Elves (descendants of colonists), Dwarves).