Introdution

ILDTITLE2.png

A new project from the depths of my tired brain. Originally a one off map based on an idea soon turned into it's own project I've shared on discord and both Wikibox, Map, and personal threads, after thinking about it I think making it's own thread just creates less clutter for both.

Nevertheless, what is this?

I Love Democracy takes place in a fictional world based heavily on the aftermath of the Cold War there are three nations we will be looking at the most:
Abaloniscia, Astovia, and the United Oblasts, all with their own ideologies, problems, and understandings of their world.

If you aren't a fan of this sort of stuff I understand.

(On a final note, since I am not great with edits and all that stuff I do use AI Images to help me along, I make it a goal to let people know what is AI and what is not and what I use as well, I don't think AI Images are art and I only use it as a tool as a one person team!)

- Jane

Prologue: Begginings
1996APE.png
Abaloniscia's Presidential election was held from November 12 to November 15 in 1996. Incumbent Charlie Edmonton won by a 2% difference against Liberal-Labor nominee, Paul Noble Roanoke. Notable minor nominees included Vincent Afton of the Democratic Motherland Party and Richard Camray of the National Citizens Party.

JBIANOV1.png

MOSHED-2023-4-5-14-12-31.jpg

I Love Democracy

Images generated by MidJourney V5
Image used in the Internet Archive page is a picture during the 1993 Russian Constitutional Crisis.

The Untold Voices - I
It’s understated as to how much of an effect the Third Abaloniscia Revolution was, not only economically and politically, but also population and demographic wise. According to the International Humanitarian Board of Crises (I.H.B.C.) from December 19 1996 to June 10 2001, approximately 10 to 15 Million fled the country to seek refuge in the neighboring nations.

The closest neighbor was Atsovia. For many it was a rather logical choice, Atsovia spoke Abalonic, even if it was a dialect of its own, it was easier to understand and learn than other regions. Atsovia was wealthy, and before the Revolution, was in the middle of an economic boom which many believed would be a benefit for their families, and a chance to “Live like Princesses!” as the Atsovian saying goes. However, the tourist image of a golden age paradise hid the reality that was the Government, and a refugee’s most hostile enemy... the Media.

In 1996, the average Atsovian living in Abberton would turn on their television to see news of a failed state, that was several miles across the Silico Strait. “Abaloniscians…” they would rationalize, ”are impulsive and squabble over a simple election.” Some would even say, “They shouldn’t deserve a democracy!” This sentiment was the talking point of the more popular television shows of the time. “They are a people who have never known a democracy! They seek to destroy it wherever they go!” Dave Shamrod said during an episode of his late night show 'Shamrod Tells It!', displaying images of refugees climbing over barricades, clashing with Border Guards, and the least charitable photographs he could find.

The postcard-tourist view of this fantasy land was quickly washed away as the first refugees entered the Princessdom. There weren't people to welcome them in, there wasn’t a princess, there wasn’t a castle, there was no fantasia wonderland… only the camps.

According to the Atsovian Bureau of Immigration (B.O.I.); “...between 1996 and 2001, around 3,654,200 refugees were accepted into Atsovia. 2,224,000 were designated to ‘temporary settlements’, 1,856,300 were granted work visa cards, but not citizenship, and only 426,100 were granted full citizenship.

- Excerpt from "The Untold Voices of Abaloniscia" by Harriot Peterson

Last edited:
1996APE.png
Abaloniscia's Presidential election was held from November 12 to November 15 in 1996. Incumbent Charlie Edmonton won by a 2% difference against Liberal-Labor nominee, Paul Noble Roanoke. Notable minor nominees included Vincent Afton of the Democratic Motherland Party and Richard Camray of the National Citizens Party.

JBIANOV1.png

MOSHED-2023-4-5-14-12-31.jpg

I Love Democracy

Images generated by MidJourney V5
Image used in the Internet Archive page is a picture during the 1993 Russian Constitutional Crisis.
Please tell me having a man named Vincent Afton in a purple-colored party was a coincidence... /j

1998 - I
1998UOE.png

The 1998 United Oblast Federal election was the 42nd quadrennial federal election, held on the 5th of December. Justice Party candidate Ivan Antonov, Representative from Slavik and Veteran of the Emerald Coast War, won the election, defeating Party for Regional Democracy candidate Sofiya Romanova. It was the third time since 1912, in which the winning candidate lost the popular vote, and is considered one of the closest U.O. election history, with long-standing controversy still talked about to this day.