How to defend Germany 1919

How do you increase food production really?

I suppose you can pull experienced farm boys back out of the army, lower explosive production for nitrogen for fertilizer, prioritize rail transport from farm to market.

I don't know why, but the thought of this made me laugh. A sortv'e blitzkrieg, ramshackle farming with fingers crossed the turnip harvest pays off in time to stave off revolution

Maybe if they don't throw away their best troops in the pointless Spring Offensive and keep building multiple lines of defense. There was no point to gamble on a miracle war winning final offensive, because even if they achieve a breakthrough, they had no means to exploit it as the previous four years have showed. Hell even if they take Paris, with the American entry, the French would not surrender.
Instead they could try to give the US Army a bloody nose in a few pointless offensives to convince the US public it isn't worth it and achieve a lenient peace. Maybe status quo ante bellum, with the loss of the colonies, Alsace, Loraine, war reparations for private property and banning of offensive weapons such as subs, battleships, bombers, siege guns etc

Maybe if they don't throw away their best troops in the pointless Spring Offensive and keep building multiple lines of defense. There was no point to gamble on a miracle war winning final offensive, because even if they achieve a breakthrough, they had no means to exploit it as the previous four years have showed. Hell even if they take Paris, with the American entry, the French would not surrender.
Instead they could try to give the US Army a bloody nose in a few pointless offensives to convince the US public it isn't worth it and achieve a lenient peace. Maybe status quo ante bellum, with the loss of the colonies, Alsace, Loraine, war reparations for private property and banning of offensive weapons such as subs, battleships, bombers, siege guns etc

Yes its probably better than OTL, the Allies will probably wait around until 1919 to do anything serious offensive wise, (maybe take the offensive in Palestine earlier than OTL). It does give some time for peace negotiations and those terms are reasonable. I would think Britain would take that easy, especially if they pick up Ottoman booty+the German colonies, and save hundred of thousands of lives.

To add the Allies were drawing up plans for a military invasion of Germany had the Germans rejected the Treaty. I really think had the Allies been forced to invade Germany Foch may have won out in his plan to separate Bavaria, Wurttemberg and Baden

If anyone is curious here is a transcript of the Allies planning an invasion of Germany should they reject the Treaty

And here is the portion I am referring to:
Notes of a Meeting Held in President Wilson’s House in the Place des Etats-Unis said:
Hence, [Foch] would ask the Governments not to insist on pursuing a policy of obtaining the signature of the German Government as a whole only in Berlin, but to allow him to obtain the signature of the different parts, e. g. Bavaria, Württemberg, Baden, etc., etc., separately, so as to help him in his campaign. By this means they would weaken the final resistance of Prussia which was the last enemy.