How Long Would Hitler Have Lived?

If he hadn't killed himself, what are guesses on how long Hitler would have lived? Let's assume the war ends in some kind of negotiated peace, he's still in power and has access to the best medical care.

Hitler had a host of medical problems, including Parkinson's. His father died at age 65 and his mother at 47. (Parental death age is a decent predictor.) His only full blooded sibbling to live to adult hood died in her 60s.

Any thoughts on this?

If he hadn't killed himself, what are guesses on how long Hitler would have lived? Let's assume the war ends in some kind of negotiated peace, he's still in power and has access to the best medical care

Problem was, the best care in the world for Hitler was quakery. His doctor probably did more to kill him than help him, Hitler probably had 5 years max.

I don't disagree, but you're invited to expand on that.

The last medicine we have on record that he was prescribed treated parkisans. His hands shaked violently after 1944, particularly I think his right hand. He also needed downers to sleep, uppers to function, he was drug addled mess. He did not have much longer.

His doctor was essentially his dealer.

The last medicine we have on record that he was prescribed treated parkisans. His hands shaked violently after 1944, particularly I think his right hand. He also needed downers to sleep, uppers to function, he was drug addled mess. He did not have much longer.

His doctor was essentially his dealer.

Agreed, I mean look at this photo of him and Rudel from late in the war: http://www.donhollway.com/hans-ulrichrudel/medal.jpg

If he had made it to the Nuremburg Trials, he probably would've fallen down the stairs...fourteen times, accidently.

If he had made it to the Nuremburg Trials, he probably would've fallen down the stairs...fourteen times, accidently.

Well, the argument here is predicated on the Germans somehow achieving a negotiated peace, so Hitler is never tried, not by the Allies anyway. Of course, if every thing proceeded historically except his suicide, he would never make it to Nuremberg alive in the caring hands of the Red Army.

Well, the argument here is predicated on the Germans somehow achieving a negotiated peace, so Hitler is never tried, not by the Allies anyway. Of course, if every thing proceeded historically except his suicide, he would never make it to Nuremberg alive in the caring hands of the Red Army.

Are you sure about that? I mean wouldn't Stalin want to make an example of of Hitler by allowing him to be tried and executed by all the allies?

Are you sure about that? I mean wouldn't Stalin want to make an example of of Hitler by allowing him to be tried and executed by all the allies?

Going cold turkey from his drug cocktails might be enough to do him in. Hitler was in pretty terrible condition by the time he shot himself in his bunker, cutting him off might kill him.

Without the stress of the world burning around him and with doctors who knew what they were doing, he could possibly live well into the 1950s. He might end up a recluse when Parkinson's set in however.

I'd say no to the Fatherland 75th birthday celebration though.

Going cold turkey from his drug cocktails might be enough to do him in. Hitler was in pretty terrible condition by the time he shot himself in his bunker, cutting him off might kill him.

Plus if placed in a cage or glass room, plenty could watch him spasm and waste away. I am sure Stalin would like that.

Realpolitik

Banned
Given that his doctor was a quack, that he didn't lead the most healthy lifestyle, and that his parents didn't live all that long, I'm guessing not to a ripe old age.

Hitler was more Death man walking

Using amphetamine occasionally since 1937 and became addicted to it in the autumn of 1942!
He Survived the 20 July plot bomb blast in 1944, with ruptured eardrums and 200 wood splinters had to be removed from his legs.
Newsreel footage of Hitler shows tremors of his hand and a shuffling walk, which began before the war and worsened towards the end of his life.

His last public speech of 30 January 1945, he spoke with broken voice and he murmurs most of time

This tremor start in 1941 and was diagnosed by his doctor Morell as "Schuttlelämung" Parkinson disease in 1944.
If Morell was right Hitler would had life just for 10 years, but with addiction to amphetamine that would also shorten down
I guess Hitler if he had not killed himself would survive 5 year and died in 1950, age 61 cause by multiple organ failures and mentally a wreck.

Hitler was more Death man walking

Using amphetamine occasionally since 1937 and became addicted to it in the autumn of 1942!
He Survived the 20 July plot bomb blast in 1944, with ruptured eardrums and 200 wood splinters had to be removed from his legs.
Newsreel footage of Hitler shows tremors of his hand and a shuffling walk, which began before the war and worsened towards the end of his life.

His last public speech of 30 January 1945, he spoke with broken voice and he murmurs most of time

This tremor start in 1941 and was diagnosed by his doctor Morell as "Schuttlelämung" Parkinson disease in 1944.
If Morell was right Hitler would had life just for 10 years, but with addiction to amphetamine that would also shorten down
I guess Hitler if he had not killed himself would survive 5 year and died in 1950, age 61 cause by multiple organ failures and mentally a wreck.

Then begins the succession debate ...

... most people usually say Himmler, although Goering was the official heir.
If there was an official peace ... Hess was the deputy Fuhrer, given Nazi party politics Bormann might be a possibility and then again if enough time has passed Speer could be the next Fuhrer.

Any thoughts ???

sharlin

Banned
I've a book at home about Hitler and friends, and I do recall that he was given injections that were mixes of hormones and pain killers as well as something taken from bulls testies, I think it was called pankriatum or something. I'll have a look.

He was deeply ill but his 'doctor' who was a quack was also killing him with his 'medications'.

abc123

Banned
Then begins the succession debate ...

... most people usually say Himmler, although Goering was the official heir.
If there was an official peace ... Hess was the deputy Fuhrer, given Nazi party politics Bormann might be a possibility and then again if enough time has passed Speer could be the next Fuhrer.

Any thoughts ???

OK, but how long would Goering lived in such a scenario?

I mean on his drug addiction, unhealthy lifestyle, he's obese etc...

sharlin

Banned
I think Goering would have had an 'accident', the struggle would have been between Himmler and Bormann. By 1945 Goering was a joke and had very little power or support.

If he hadn't killed himself, what are guesses on how long Hitler would have lived? Let's assume the war ends in some kind of negotiated peace, he's still in power and has access to the best medical care.

Hitler had a host of medical problems, including Parkinson's. His father died at age 65 and his mother at 47. (Parental death age is a decent predictor.) His only full blooded sibbling to live to adult hood died in her 60s.

Any thoughts on this?
ASB, I'm afraid.

Seriously. October 16, 1946 when the Nazi leadership was hanged is the latest he could survive.

People keep talking about his quack doctor, when did he start seeing him?

With a good POD, maybe he never sees this doctor. And if the war ends quick enough, he could live well into the 1960s.

Look at Goring, he had a lot of health problems and was overweight near the end of the war. But he improved greatly by Numerburg.

In the timeline, "How the Cherry Blossoms fall" Hitler starts seeing Goring doctor in either 1944/1945 and starts getting much better.

He knows the war is lost and starts post war plans and builds a grand hidden tomb for himself.